Page 93 of 138 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Not everything that isn't great is terrible.

Jai Courtney, Adam Sandler, Sylvester Stallone. Those are garbage actors.
    Not sure why you put Sylvester Stallone there, he did great in Creed and was an Oscar nominee for the part. He just gets a bad rap for playing in his other action roles, but he actually portrays Rocky damn well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

Stallone in Rocky + Rocky 2 and Rambo, he did a damn good job. The guy is a genius writer too.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Saw the movie. Realized it was basically "Orcs vs. Humans" and decided it was mediocre. If it was more than simply "Orcs fighting humans", it might have been good. But, alas, I was disappointed and will recommend that all of my friends NOT waste the money on this movie. Thankfully, I saw it at a drive-in paired with TMNT 2 (which was actually halfway decent.)

Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    Resident Evil had like 100 sequels
    The worst Resident Evil movie made 3,5 times its budget. Call me back when Warflop gathers $550M.

Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    You're welcome to find a post I made stating the movie only needs 160m to break even. Have fun looking.
    /Face palm

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    When you work with low budgets, you get a bit more wiggle room in the profit areas. Something a 160M movie doesn't get. The ROI for those low budget movies is just so much better than what warcraft is currently showing.

Again, there could be a sequel but would you really want one if the budget was so low you might as well have gotten it on sci-fi channel?
    I don't doubt that's true of the RE movies. Still, RE1 apparently did $103m worldwide in its entire run on a budget of $35m, Warcraft has already done $380m worldwide on a $160m budget. So it's 2.3 vs 2.9 gross to investment ratio with Warcraft still running. It's not that far off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    Not sure why you put Sylvester Stallone there, he did great in Creed and was an Oscar nominee for the part. He just gets a bad rap for playing in his other action roles, but he actually portrays Rocky damn well.
    Offtopic, but. He was fine in Creed, nothing special in the beginning, made an actual performance by the end.

That's the only time I've seen him emote and act like the character he's supposed to be. Anyone could have played Rocky, half of the movie he's stuttering, the other half he's getting punched.

One role after almost 40 years of shitty action movies. I'm not about to forget everything else he's done just because he's finally managed not to suck in one movie. Hey, if he's somewhat consistent in his last few performances, at least I'll say he eventually learned, I'll still think he should have been kicked out of Hollywood in his early career, but at least it paid off in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Stallone in Rocky + Rocky 2 and Rambo, he did a damn good job. The guy is a genius writer too.
    The Expendables. Pure genious.
    Last edited by Soulwind; 2016-06-23 at 09:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Madeupname999 View Post
    This movie wasnt a flop but it was not the huge hit it needed to be to justify sequels

Trust me this wasnt even close to jon carter levels and it will make its money and then some with On demand and dvd sales which iam betting will do great.

But the bottom line is i cant see there being sequels to this movie and that is such a shame but i always said they started with the wrong story they shouldve started with the Arthas story then gone back and done prequels but alas i doubt we will ever see that on the big screen.
    Activision-Blizzard is a Fortune 500 company with the resources to do whatever they like, and the Warcraft film was merely the first installment in their attempts at transitioning their IPs onto a new platform. In short, we'll get a sequel just from the Chinese success alone, and it's highly likely that we'll get another IP on film at a later date (my money would be on StarCraft since Sci-Fi is an easy sell). Regardless, with the launch of their own studio, it'll become easier and easier for the company to go into production without the aid of the degenerates in Hollywood.
    Last edited by In Ogres We Trust; 2016-06-23 at 01:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vitrino View Post
    They are the most important market in the world (I'm not from the US myself, but it's a fact). That being said, I really hope they continue with the franchise despite the first movie flopping there, cause it has been a hit over China and a very well received movie on the EU and other important markets. I'm sure subsequents movies will have better reception on the US.
    Not anymore.

Move on from the 20th century.
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I don't doubt that's true of the RE movies. Still, RE1 apparently did $103m worldwide in its entire run on a budget of $35m, Warcraft has already done $380m worldwide on a $160m budget. So it's 2.3 vs 2.9 gross to investment ratio with Warcraft still running. It's not that far off.
    But look at how much more was spent on marketing. 160M is quite a lot to recover but when you tack on anouther 100M in marketing things start taking on a very different situation when it comes to breaking even and really, you think the movie industry is in this business to break even? No they are not. They expect big profits.

Small movies like RE have lower budgets all around including marketing. I've posted it in another thread but if you take the age old forumla of when a movie might break even. (that being budget and marketing added together than doubled) RE might have only needed 80M or so. Making 20+million was pretty nice for Sony on a low budget film.

Warcraft being 160M + 100M =260M might need roughly 500M to break even give or take 10% maybe and breaking even wont be enough. They have to make some profit or the ROI wont be enough to convince most to reinvest. (Unless it's mainly done as a China.)

Warcraft is doing alright but it's no where in the clear yet and you cannot go simply off the 160M figure. They spent a shit ton of money and those people want a return.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    Not anymore.

Move on from the 20th century.
    Until Hollywood gets more money than they do from most foreighn markets, U.S. will also be where they want movies to do the best. They get more profit their even with fewer screenings.

Sure, they still want it to do great internationally but it damn near has to do double the work to make the same amount of money. Until that changes, the U.S. market will be more important than most.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Careful with your definition of "the West," since in that example it pretty much means just America. It opened up well across Europe (also often referred to as the West), breaking records in some countries and beating out other blockbuster films like X-Men and Alice in Wonderland 2.

I'll agree on your point about the marketing being quite poor. I don't know how the film was marketed in China but I can safely say at least some of the film's lackluster showing in America was due to its shitty marketing.
    China has their own WoW themepark. They really don't need to spend much to market it there. Everyone knows about it.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    China has their own WoW themepark. They really don't need to spend much to market it there. Everyone knows about it.
    Perhaps, but Warcraft had the highest turn out in a foreign market ever... I don't think it happened simply because WoW is popular over there. I'd wager the marketing in China was heads and shoulders above the marketing in other markets if simply because the studio knew the potential for turn out over there was so much higher.

Deleted
    This whole talk about the movie being bad is making me want to watch it again.

And if i want to watch it again it means it was really enjoyable for me the first time. I really fail to understand the negative reviews.

One must be blind and deaf to overlook the wooden or exaggerated acting, unexplainable stupidity in the plot, terrible dialogs, fake accents, cheap props, plastic armor... And of course padlocks and chest insignia.

Those things are more readily visible to people who watch movies as their job, but anyone can look in the background and confirm their findings.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    This whole talk about the movie being bad is making me want to watch it again.

And if i want to watch it again it means it was really enjoyable for me the first time. I really fail to understand the negative reviews.
    The key words there are bolded.

IT was enjoyable - "for you".

Not so much for others. You being in agreement or even understanding the negative reviews means little. Just know they happened and thats how they feel about the movie.

For myself, It's an average fantasy movie with many flaws, some "B" rate acting and not enough redeeming qualities (orcs and some action scenes) to offset the bad (the bulk of the rest of the film). It's easily skipped in my eyes.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Perhaps, but Warcraft had the highest turn out in a foreign market ever... I don't think it happened simply because WoW is popular over there. I'd wager the marketing in China was heads and shoulders above the marketing in other markets if simply because the studio knew the potential for turn out over there was so much higher.
    China also had more than 50% of the active subscriptions in their country alone.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Deleted
    It's obvious if their population is like x3 the size of Europe and what, ~x2 the size of the US?

But I myself, the more I think about the movie, the more I realise that I didn't really feel a thing when I left the cinema.

The cheer at the end got me a bit beacuse I'm an alliance player but... rest of it was fluff indeed.

Metacritic is getting it's score right is what I want to say.

"The conspicuous lack of explanation in Warcraft's opening stretch assumes fan-level knowledge of the material, which for the uninitiated means that names and concepts are bandied around and key locations visited with such speed that keeping up is impossible." - http://www.slantmagazine.com/film/review/warcraft

And I agree with him. I'd even add that the lack of familiriasation with "The Fel" even made me question in the tone of huh? So... where did it come from... what?

Quote Originally Posted by NadEFurY View Post
    I'd even add that the lack of familiriasation with "The Fel" even made me question in the tone of huh? So... where did it come from... what?
    "The green magic that consumes live". It's explained, in different ways, by Gul'dan, Medivh, Garona and Durotan.
    Also, they talk about Gul'dan talking to a demon.And we see in what creature Medivh transforms after being corrupted by it, so it's pretty much well hinted its demonic origin.

Quote Originally Posted by Vitrino View Post
    "The green magic that consumes live". It's explained, in different ways, by Gul'dan, Medivh, Garona and Durotan.
    Also, they talk about Gul'dan talking to a demon.And we see in what creature Medivh transforms after being corrupted by it, so it's pretty much well hinted its demonic origin.
    Of all things in the movie people didn't understand the part that was explained in the entire movie.That makes me question the people that found the movie confusing.

It's not a flop and it's not a thumbs up either, I'll tell yall what it is:

Meh.