Page 59 of 102 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    Even with a high proc chance its IMHO the worst of the major traits. Gory -> Nightmare -> Adaptive, IMHO.
    Would you go Bear Hug before Gory Fur? 20% chance of resetting the mangle CD seems awfully nice.

You need 12 ranks to purchase Gory Fur + Bear Hug, which, as I understand it, is possible to achieve by levelling from 100-110.

Quote Originally Posted by Ooshraxa View Post
    Would you go Bear Hug before Gory Fur? 20% chance of resetting the mangle CD seems awfully nice.

You need 12 ranks to purchase Gory Fur + Bear Hug, which, as I understand it, is possible to achieve by levelling from 100-110.
    Undecided, honestly. I would definitely get Bear Hug before going for the second major, but not sure on timing exactly. Might be worth getting earlier. From the latest numbers you should get to 13 in the leveling phase, which is also the point the cost of traits increases exponentially.
    Last edited by Nevcairiel; 2016-06-21 at 01:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Seani View Post
    Do you have a source for this my friend?

3 months ago. They still haven't implemented it. At the moment on beta and PTR crit is still a 0 value stat for defense.

Quote Originally Posted by CenariusTheForestLord View Post
    3 months ago. They still haven't implemented it. At the moment on beta and PTR crit is still a 0 value stat for defense.
    It's working. 1000 crit rating add 1000 dodge rating. But it is still bad.
    Ring stats - http://i.imgur.com/Qwn2gEL.jpg
    With ring - http://i.imgur.com/lSIctF8.jpg
    Without ring - http://i.imgur.com/PNZrH0R.jpg
    Jurman - Guardian Druid <Embody>

ok, thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jurman View Post
    It's working. 1000 crit rating add 1000 dodge rating. But it is still bad.
    Ring stats - http://i.imgur.com/Qwn2gEL.jpg
    With ring - http://i.imgur.com/lSIctF8.jpg
    Without ring - http://i.imgur.com/PNZrH0R.jpg
    Yeah, still doesn't seem very good. I was thinking they would make crit rating a resource generation stat. Making it mitigation doesn't seem right.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seani View Post
    I was thinking they would make crit rating a resource generation stat. Making it mitigation doesn't seem right.
    Where I do see an alignment between Crit and Dodge is in their RNG nature. Which is, unfortunately, something that I mind a lot less with a dps stat than a mitigation/avoidance one...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    Do we know much about adaptive fur? Proc chance etc? I'm trying to plan my artifact progression but i just don't know much about the trait.
    Refering to wowhead it should be 25% procc chance. But it was already mentioned - Adaptive Fur is the worst of the 3 golden traits since they have removed physical from the procc table (alpha). It's only useful in niche situations unless they've done major changes to AF which i've missed somehow.

Here is an idea of how many/most people will get through their artifact
    Step 1
    Step 2
    Step 3
    Last edited by mmoc6785fb2956; 2016-06-23 at 04:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kabator View Post
    Refering to wowhead it should be 25% procc chance. But it was already mentioned - Adaptive Fur is the worst of the 3 golden traits since they have removed physical from the procc table (alpha). It's only useful in niche situations unless they've done major changes to AF which i've missed somehow.

Here is an idea of how many/most people will get through their artifact
    Step 1
    Step 2
    Step 3
    Man, those 3 points in crit for maul really hurt lol. It's about what I was thinking I guess. Should be able to get through the first 2 steps pretty quickly I would think right?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    Man, those 3 points in crit for maul really hurt lol. It's about what I was thinking I guess. Should be able to get through the first 2 steps pretty quickly I would think right?
    Yea they hurt but this is the fastest way to Embrace of the Nightmare. The Link from Mauler into Embrace of the Nightmare is new. The planner linked above was from an older build. So its 3 level earlier possible to get it now.

Somewhere in this thread the upper route was discussed with the reduced cooldown on barkskin etc.

Level 15 I cannot say right now. Im leveling my Monk currently but as a small benchmark - he is almost 108 and the weapon is about 8 1/2 with skipping many rare mobs.
    My Druid reached level 110 a few builds ago, and as far as I noticed there were some changes to the artifact power gain. So providing information from this char would be relevant now.
    Last edited by mmoc6785fb2956; 2016-06-23 at 01:21 PM.

Getting to the 15 point isn't too difficult. You can pretty much hit 13 leveling to 110, so the extra 2 points should only take a day or two of doing world quests and dungeons/heroics.

If you're aggressive, you should have step 3 done by the time normal raid starts.

Honestly, wouldn't it be better to go the Bloody Paws route if you can hit step 3 before raid unlocks? That way, you don't have to dump three expensive points into a useless spell? That's the route I'm preferring if I feel like I'm going to be good on Artifact Power.
    Baddies of US Stormreaver || WoWProgress || Current Rank: US 54 / World 210

I mean, ultimately you're going to want to unlock all the traits anyway since each point spent gives you more hp and damage. I thought the dev's said it wouldn't be too hard to finish the weapon before raiding begins?

Quote Originally Posted by zurm View Post
    I mean, ultimately you're going to want to unlock all the traits anyway since each point spent gives you more hp and damage. I thought the dev's said it wouldn't be too hard to finish the weapon before raiding begins?
    Unless they realistically change things, there's no way you're completing all 34 talents in the 3 weeks before raiding starts. It will probably take you 3-4 months to do it.

KiB on the DH discord did this a week or so ago and keeps it updated: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1184419096
    Last edited by Promdates; 2016-06-23 at 06:59 PM.

Was this before or after the trait cost revision we just got?

EDIT: Given the amount you get from the new items, plus as dungeon rewards, 1000 AP per day seems a bit low... or am I misreading it?
    Last edited by zurm; 2016-06-23 at 07:04 PM.

I'm checking on that 1k AP thing. But all the AP from new items should be implemented in there.

Day 1 includes all quest reward. Obviously not all available on Day 1 but they are not affected by Artifact Knowledge so I have to put them somewhere.
    edit: the 1k is supposed to be the average baseline AP gain from doing daily world quest bounty bag. I think he's going ot be adjusting it soon. We're talking about it now.
    Last edited by Promdates; 2016-06-23 at 07:31 PM.

Cool. And I appreciate the work he put into this.

I really do seem to remember blizzard saying (granted, a few months ago, and I haven't been able to easily find a source... still at work so can't spend too much time on it) that we would be able to max out our weapons before raids came out. Obviously, this isn't the case. Still, with some of the rarer AP gain items offering 1k+ points on use, and being able to effectively "farm" them via random drops while doing world quests and dungeons, I feel like his AP gains may be a bit on the conservative side. Especially for those of us who plan to take off 1-2 weeks of work for the xpac and go hard on world quests & dungeons.

To be fair, I haven't yet leveled again since they re-did the AP items and trait scaling, nor have I played much since then, since I've already finished my order hall campaign and my ilvl is well into mythic dungeon territory, and I don't want to burn out on beta content before it goes live. Perhaps I'm missing something, and I am certainly willing to admit I'm wrong.

EDIT: Found the source I was thinking of, but I thought it just said around a month, not 1-3. And it's kinda old.

https://twitter.com/WarcraftDevs/sta...13554038620160
    Last edited by zurm; 2016-06-23 at 07:52 PM.

Dat Suramar quest ap gain

Yeah, I mean 3-4 months honestly isn't game breaking. You'll have the first 2 major talents by the time raiding starts if you do any real AP grinding with dungeons (heroic or mythic).

Tanks and healers will end up with more ArtPow than DPS because they can just farm randoms and get much faster q's.

What do you guys think about the needed role bags offering BoA ArtPow items, nothing to big maybe 50-100.

They also made it where we don't want to go out of our way to skip trash anymore in dungeons IE:Everbloom

Wonder if for LFR, if the boss doesn't drop loot we will get a 50-100 ArtPow instead.

Wonder if Trash in raids will have a higher % chance to drop ArtPow as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Promdates View Post
    I'm checking on that 1k AP thing. But all the AP from new items should be implemented in there.

edit: the 1k is supposed to be the average baseline AP gain from doing daily world quest bounty bag. I think he's going ot be adjusting it soon. We're talking about it now.
    1k is low, with 140% bonus I've around 5k worth of AP up on the world quest map right now, so even with the bonus calculated back out thats significantly more then the 1k. And thats not counting the potential reward from the bounty bag.