Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Ah, yes.

"You disagree with me, so I'll call you bad!"

Has that ever actually worked as a legitimate strategy on anyone over the age of 12?
    I said you might be and you might be.

Are you telling me that you are completely satisfied with everything Overwatch is and you feel that every grievance that has been pointed out by experienced gamers is inaccurate or motivated by something other than disappointment?

Why don't you refute me with a counter point of view instead of nitpicking my semantic choices.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, by certain play metrics.

It has a loooooong way to go if it actually wants to catch up with LoL/CS:GO in terms of major event prize pools and such.
    GS:GO is a different catagory, though, even LoL is. Though, currently it is running fine, so fine that some 'pro' people are whining if some stand out to be better than them.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    This needs more attention:
    https://gfycat.com/RawSaneDegus
    As does this: https://youtu.be/RFELusVHsls
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Alrighty, have it your way, let us all stick to exchanging barbs of little content.

PS, Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit.
    Last edited by Speaknoevil; 2016-06-23 at 07:13 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Creepjack View Post
    Ignore those people (like Nevene), it's just not worth it, because fuck movement (I bet he doesn't even know what strafe jumping is), timing, pattern prediction, power-up mind games and pushing human's perception is fucking garbage apparently. Pushing one button and killing everything in your sight has much more depth it seems.. . . ....... .. . I hope his throat has enough depth.. .... .. .. . to swallow.. ... .. all that shame of his of course :P.

Plebs gonna pleb.
    All video games have movements, the same goes with timing, all of the online games heavily rely on timing, all the onlines video games have mindgames, the rest is just fancy words even google doesn't link with fps

Yeah, ignore and keep circlejerking about how playing FPS makes you a genius, even though it's in fact the simplest video game genre of all. Even though it can require skill to be played, FPS games don't require any knowledge at all, they have about zero depth, which is what makes them so popular.

Fighters have depth, because they require you to learn a shit ton of combo and when to use each of them before even playing the game decently
    Strategy games have depth, because you have to learn many strategies, how to react in X situation, and chose among many (many many) different options
    MOBAs also require knowledge, how to react to X ability, track people (even through the use of the timer), when to use X ability, etc
    These genres all require to manage many tasks at the same time and to learn about them

And all of them have movements, mindgames, etc.

FPS ? Whoever hits the fastest wins, you have litterally nothing to know before playing the game decently, if you have good reaction times and accuracy, you're a god as soon as you start playing.
    Last edited by mmocafdd20634a; 2016-06-23 at 07:26 PM.

Given your tone and verbiage in previous posts - and the edit there that you just couldn't help but make in this one - I don't think that anyone is going to buy your attempts at switching into the, "I just wanted a nice conversation with you, why are you so mean?" role.
    People can be more than one thing. It is not like you could help yourself either with your snide remarks, yet I'm still giving you the opportunity to elevate.

Only issue I have with Overwatch is the 50 yard Roadhog hooks, I mean for the most part I can stay out of the way, but sometime I feel like hes reaching across the damn map and getting me lol its fucking ridiculous

A PvP shooter with classes is flawed from the get go for competitive play. FUN, sure ... but not great for competitive play.

Meanwhile everyone STILL goes bonkers over the single Coldzera AWP round that by all accounts turned around a blowout in the Liquid/LG match, and no one whines that it was too easy to kill that many people and turn the game around.

No, they just say that it was a great play.
    I think because that actually is a great play using an AWP takes accuracy and skill of that player.. not much skill to shoot a hanzo ult in a general direction of a group or just jump in a middle of a team with a reaper ult or throwing in a dva mech on a point to cap it, what i mean is the skill lvl of using an ult isnt comparable that to using an awp imo and i think that is the general opinion too hence they say that it was just a great play

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure, but we're talking about its prospects as a long term, "big", E-Sports product. I'm not certain that it can really manage that on its own - not on the same scale as a cash cow on the scale of CS:GO, at least.

Truly, I don't think people notice just how much money Valve brings in from the CS:GO skins market, which also acts as "currency" for a whole underage gambling market.
    The Valve 'currency' of selling skins isn't a nice thing for the e-Sport, it's a spot on the note.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibjub View Post
    A PvP shooter with classes is flawed from the get go for competitive play. FUN, sure ... but not great for competitive play.
    This is like saying "A team sport with 'classes' is flawed from the get-go for competitive play. Football will never take off, classing players as 'quarterback', 'wide receiver', 'lineman'."

It just flat-out isn't true.

It's very competitive, however which gamemode will be the aim for a pro scene. Payload is probably the only option unless blizzard got another gamemode coming which is competitive only.
    capture point is not an option at least, it's pretty shite.

ha ha ha ha

"I noticed that pretty much every match's victory is dependent on PEOPLE KNOWING WHEN TO USE & MANAGE THEIR ULTS"

NO WAY GUYS!!!! you mean to say that the winning team may have won because they weren't dumping ultimates at random times to little/no effect like the morons on the other team?!?!?! Holy crap!!!! It's like CS competitions and the winners split into 2 groups to cover the map as oppose to huddling together and being slaughtered all at once.

Who would have ever thought that the team who MANAGED THEIR SKILLS BETTER would come out Victorious?!?!?!

D-U-M-B-A-S-S

Only problem I have spectating comp matches in this game is the weird ass camera angles they do and switching between heroes. I get lost very quickly on wtf is going on. But Blizzard has already stated that they're constantly working to improve Spectator mode, so i'm not too worried.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McLovenIt View Post
    ha ha ha ha

"I noticed that pretty much every match's victory is dependent on PEOPLE KNOWING WHEN TO USE & MANAGE THEIR ULTS"

NO WAY GUYS!!!! you mean to say that the winning team may have won because they weren't dumping ultimates at random times to little/no effect like the morons on the other team?!?!?! Holy crap!!!! It's like CS competitions and the winners split into 2 groups to cover the map as oppose to huddling together and being slaughtered all at once.

Who would have ever thought that the team who MANAGED THEIR SKILLS BETTER would come out Victorious?!?!?!

D-U-M-B-A-S-S

Only problem I have spectating comp matches in this game is the weird ass camera angles they do and switching between heroes. I get lost very quickly on wtf is going on. But Blizzard has already stated that they're constantly working to improve Spectator mode, so i'm not too worried.
    No need for rude naming calling in comments.

Also, hitting "Q" and killing 3 people takes as much skill and strat as having to actually aim and fire a gun in a FPS game. TIL.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post

Also, hitting "Q" and killing 3 people takes as much skill and strat as having to actually aim and fire a gun in a FPS game. TIL.
    well if you're "opinions" weren't so absurd towards a game such as this, I may have left that part out. But the fact is, NO, using ultimates is not the same as aiming your gun and firing in an FPS game.

Knowing when to revive your team for optimal effectiveness or when to trigger Hanzo's ult is NOT the same as just having the ability to aim at an opponent when you're out in the open. Fact is, that calling High Noon or Pharrah's ultimate aren't as simple as "point toward enemy and hit Q" -- you need to be sure you won't die halfway through it and waste the ult, make sure it helps move yo9ur team forward in the match, and make it as effective as possible.

Fact is, we're not going to know if this game will flourish in the E-Sports World until it reaches that point. But competitions will not be won solely due to "who use's their ults better"

10+ Year Old Account

Considering that actually aiming and firing that gun involves "hitting left click", by your argument, yes. Exactly.

Ults for the most part involve just as much aim and typically far more strategization than normal shooting does.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh sure, it doesn't make for exciting highlight reels the way that godlike aim might, but you won't win a game without them, either.
    EXACTLY! That is my point. This game revolves around using ults to win. That is not very exciting because it dumbs down the FPS experience. FPS is about aiming skills as well as strat/position. No matter how you look at it, ults dumb down this game. It's bad enough we don't even need to worry about ammo management here, ults are basically something for the "casuals" who can use it and get a win, it makes the game easier, not more interesting.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain

EXACTLY! That is my point. This game revolves around using ults to win. That is not very exciting because it dumbs down the FPS experience. FPS is about aiming skills as well as strat/position. No matter how you look at it, ults dumb down this game. It's bad enough we don't even need to worry about ammo management here, ults are basically something for the "casuals" who can use it and get a win, it makes the game easier, not more interesting.
    you seem to have this huge problem with Ultimates in this game -- do you even play Overwatch or have you already stopped playing??? Because if you're doing all this complaining about one main part of the game, I can't see how you'd continue to play, let alone enjoy this game. So at that point, might as well not even care what the future holds for their E-Sports Aspiration.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Considering that actually aiming and firing that gun involves "hitting left click", by your argument, yes. Exactly.

Ults for the most part involve just as much aim and typically far more strategization than normal shooting does.
    Not really. half the ults don't even require aiming (Mercy, DVA, Junkrat, Widowmaker, Lucio, Symmetra, Zenyatta) and some of them even do the aiming for you (Reaper, McCree, Soldier76, Torbjorn is 50%) Some requires minimal aiming (Hanzo's point and shoot, Pharah's large radius attack from above, Mei and Tracer's bomb chuck, Roadhog's wide range knockback shots, Bastion's wide radius cannon shots, Zarya's aoe pull in shot)

In fact, I'd go as far as to say the only ult that actually requires aiming skills to use effectively is Genji's.

Edit: Actually, I'll throw in Tracer for needing aiming skill too since her sticky bomb is tiny and has small blast radius.
    Last edited by Saverem; 2016-06-23 at 08:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

You seem far too concerned with "aiming" being the only thing that matters for some reason.
    Well, this is a FPS... If aiming wasn't important you might as well make it a MOBA...