Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    How does making the blood BoA let you buy a full set of gear with gold from tokens? Don't you still have to uh... play your alts to mail the bloods across your account?

Moreover, how does making them BoP stop this, exactly? You can buy gold, buy gear from AH, obliterate gear from AH, upgrade gear from AH with Obliterum. It changes exactly NOTHING. And in fact encourages this behavior.

if they are BoA then you're gonna have people farming weekly events/quests/bosses just to funnel tons of them to one or two characters

kinda like with kazzak and felblights to use or sell

People with lots of gold can buy a full set of gear and use Obliterum to upgrade it, but they have to play to earn Blood of Sargeras to do so.
    Don't ask me why, but this sounded some of my alarms. I might end up waiting to see how Legion turns out, and not buying it from the start..

"They don't want players to be able to buy a full set of raid gear for gold"

thats the biggest pile of BS they told in last couple of years - they have no problem whatsoever with people buying raid boosts for gear for past 12 years yet suddenly they dont want craftable gear ot be easily obtained with gold ? what a pile of ......
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2016-06-23 at 07:18 PM.

No question about loot-a-rang sadly.

No weapon enchant. No new big tailor bags (and even cheap smaller new ones to destroy old big ones market). No stat rerolling on crafted gear...
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Not impressed with this Q&A and Professions in Legion, nobody will care about them after month or two probably. Way too much focus on one stupid material Blood of Sargeras, don't like it. Vanilla had way more fun stuff to gather. Like different dragon scales, dark iron ore, ingots, crafting materials from raids, Righteous Orbs and many more. Legion professions look lazy and boring, their idea is to have 1 major crafting material for all professions... pretty much Savage Blood again.

"Old profession things that were really iconic and are unobtainable now are good candidates for the Black Market Auction House."

Perhaps I had better sale my Dirge's Kickin' Chimaerok Chops recipe while it's still valuable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Agrias2x View Post
    Vanilla had way more fun stuff to gather. Like different dragon scales, dark iron ore, ingots, crafting materials from raids, Righteous Orbs and many more. Legion professions look lazy and boring, their idea is to have 1 major crafting material for all professions... pretty much Savage Blood again.
    I'm not really that much of a classic-nostalgia dweller but you have actually a point. It was much more interesting to get all those obscure materials back then. Even if they were from vendors like different dyes and threads. Having only one general material gives you a feel like you are one-man child-labor-using factory from china which makes tons of crappy stuff from cheap plastic.

Deleted
    does Obliterum only uses epic items or can u Oblite blues too?

Holy fucking shit just make blood account wide and all the issues are fixed. How is this hard to understand?

Scribes will make the Vantus Runes and respec consumables. They have lots of stuff to make, even a Steamy Romance Novel kit!

50 Shades of Green, a steamy Orc romance novel by Nat Pagle

But why did Blacksmithing once again get no mounts? C'mon Blizz, when is it our time to get one? Even friggin' Leatherworking has not one, but TWO now!

Quote Originally Posted by capalex65 View Post
    But why did Blacksmithing once again get no mounts? C'mon Blizz, when is it our time to get one? Even friggin' Leatherworking has not one, but TWO now!
    I thought I saw a recipe for blacksmithing created large armored war turtle mount for legion that was datamined.

Are these guys F-ning crazy? They say one thing and then do the totally opposite. Well, they probably have finally broken my of my addiction to WoW.
    1] They say they want to maximize the player's "class fantasy", but then they come out and say they are going to railroad you into how to play: "The team doesn't want you to have to have a full set of alts to play the game as effectively as possible."... Part of my fantasy in the game was to be able to play any of the classes to the best of my ability, now I will be forced to focus on only one or two.
    2] The gear we will be able to make with the BOP BoS that we painstakingly grind will be BOE and can be sold on the AH, yet the reason for BoS to be BoP is: "There are reasons they can't make Blood of Sargeras Bind on Account. They don't want players to be able to buy a full set of raid gear for gold, especially when you can buy gold through the WoW Token." All I can say is WTF!?! That essentially says "We don't want you to be able to craft all the gear at once YOURSELF, but buying it all at once is OK. *FACEPALM* But then again, this is the team that succeeded in getting the international symbol for gold changed from "Au" to "Fu", because that's what all those bags of gold in lieu of gear (or the vendor gold for the 13th repeat item) sure felt like.
    3] Another indication that the reasoning behind #2 is too rectal-cranially inverted is: "People with lots of gold can buy a full set of gear and use Obliterum to upgrade it, but they have to play to earn Blood of Sargeras to do so." Which totally invalidates the original thought. Again.... WTF!?!
    4] Having to have BoS to make gear just to "obliterate" it to upgrade gear is a circular argument they seem to be following: "No stat rerolling item this time, as there are reasons to craft more items this time. You will have to make lots of items to turn into Obliterum to fully upgrade crafted gear."... Sounds like this is turning into World of Gather-for-Crafting.
    That's my $0.02, but I'm sure the majority of the uber & elitist WoW community won't care as I, being a Truly CASUAL player was never able to raid much and never past *gasp* Normal. Nope, i was a mere LFReject who was happy with playing the game for fun and enjoying the lore. Note i used the past tense, because if things continue on the current trajectory, WoD will be the last expansion I buy and play.

Quote Originally Posted by kaid View Post
    I thought I saw a recipe for blacksmithing created large armored war turtle mount for legion that was datamined.
    Last I saw, the fel core hound (Steelbound Devourer?) was a blacksmithing mount, unless it has been changed

Oh lawdy, some exciting updates! Can't wait for it to all go live!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonTiger View Post
    Don't ask me why, but this sounded some of my alarms. I might end up waiting to see how Legion turns out, and not buying it from the start..
    Yes, because how others obtain their gear is relevant to you somehow.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

Quote Originally Posted by Thrackerzod View Post
    "Old profession things that were really iconic and are unobtainable now are good candidates for the Black Market Auction House."

Perhaps I had better sale my Dirge's Kickin' Chimaerok Chops recipe while it's still valuable.
    There is nothing "iconic" about that recipe, the food was barely even used in vanilla cause it was not worth farming the mats on that shitty island. Also they only talked about old things that were actual items like armor pieces with unique appearances.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonTiger View Post
    It really doesn't matter, they confirmed that the cap of upgraded crafted gear is 850 which will be trash once raids have been out for a week.
    Last edited by snackfeat; 2016-06-23 at 08:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm beginning to think the game devs are feeling spiteful where Blood of Sargeras is concerned.
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn