Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Question Why is there no official word from Blizzard about the pre-patch release date?

Pre-patch is probably going to hit live servers in like 2-4 weeks. I just wonder why is there no official word from Blizzard about it?

Shouldn't they state a release date?

Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    Pre-patch is probably going to hit live servers in like 2-4 weeks. I just wonder why is there no official word from Blizzard about it?

Have you been on the ptr? I think they want to make sure it runs smooth and round. The Invasions make lag problems, sometimes don't even work at all. (Looking at you, Azshara)

The broken shore scenario frequently bugs out at the end and just got unlocked yesterday.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Laubman View Post
    Have you been on the ptr? I think they want to make sure it runs smooth and round. The Invasions make lag problems, sometimes don't even work at all. (Looking at you, Azshara)

The broken shore scenario frequently bugs out at the end and just got unlocked yesterday.
    But they said in an interview that first part of the pre-patch is only going to have class changes and wardrobe - events, demon hunters etc are going to be released a little bit later.

The prepatch normally comes out about a month before the expansion launches and the earliest we normally get a notice for new patches is about 2 weeks before when they announce the arena season ending. So we likely won't know a date for another 3 weeks or so.

They will announce it early enough, and it certainly won't hit live servers in 2 weeks.

They never announce this stuff until the last moment, since unexpected delays are commonplace, and they don't want to disappoint anyone.

Because players now assume "we think it will release this date" means "it will definitely, 100%, no change at all release this date."

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    WoD's date was announced 5 days before the patch release date and MoP's was 14 days before that. The Iron Tide pre-patch was a month before launch, so if we see a similar thing happen, expect some news maybe in the week starting on Monday 11th July (just an estimate).
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

Because the PTR literally just came up and hell will invade earth if Blizzard ever breaks a promise.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    They will announce it early enough, and it certainly won't hit live servers in 2 weeks.
    You're right, it will be 3 weeks. July 19th
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Expect them to post an update two weeks before the Pre-Patch.

Have you been on the ptr, its laggy, buggy and glitchly as hell
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

When do they ever early announce anything? The legion announcement was said to be the furthest out one they have ever done.

10+ Year Old Account
    I rather they take their time then give us half assery.

10+ Year Old Account

There are NEVER announced release dates on patches, more than a week in advance... Only expansions..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Also, why do we yet another thread on this?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

10+ Year Old Account
    Pre-patch is probably going to hit live servers in like 2-4 weeks.
    says who?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

well, i would assume they will announce mid july that pre patch will hit august 2nd since that falls on a tuesday. that leaves us with exactly 4 weeks until launch.

As they say, Soon™
    Summon Apollo's fire, with hell and heaven's might. Then with great force attend, the falling of all men.
    Release this captured world, from point of no return. Destruction has no end, unless you ride again.

But they said in an interview that first part of the pre-patch is only going to have class changes and wardrobe - events, demon hunters etc are going to be released a little bit later.
    Even with what you said, classes aren't working right. I don't know if it's fixed yet but mages glacial spike wasn't even working right next to a few other things. They need to make sure HFC is doable across all difficulties as well. They haven't given a date because it isn't set in stone, this community would tear their asshole apart if it were even a day late.
    Bleh