Quote Originally Posted by Finnish Nerd View Post
    When is it happening? The announcement?
    around 04:00 BST should give an indication of which campaign is likely to win. 05:00 BST will likely show which side wins.

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    So having only occasionally checked on this whole thing since months ago, I just checked and it looks like it's 51% remain.

Since this is just a poll of the populace and not a hard vote, I was led to believe from many sources that even a minor win for leave would not be enough to bring about drastic change, since the numbers for remain and leave have been bouncing back and forth between 45% and 55% for awhile now depending on how salty the Brits are about Muslims that day.

Can anyone tell me what (they think) this means? Silly answers that will make me laugh out loud like "We're going to be taken over by mulsims!!!!!111one" are welcome as well.
    Anything up to 52.5% for Leave will be countered by a heavy Remain vote in Scotland (the most hilarious outcome and one I'm hoping to see). Anything above that will likely be considered valid. They can't pull off the "not enough people voted, therefor the referendum result is invalid" like they did in Scotland in the 70s since turnout is apparently really high.

Quote Originally Posted by squeeze View Post
    Not many people know that EEC/EU institutions became so incensed by the spreading of false stories and myths about it that in the early 1990s, they setup a website listing all the myths reported in mainstream media and debunking or verifying them.

http://blogs.ec.europa.eu/ECintheUK/...ths-a-z-index/

The Economist magazine trawled through that and came up with a summary of the top "offenders":

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/gWzohJPl.png[IMG]

Even the BBC is there and not at the bottom either!
    Really wish this had gotten more attention during the campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Thes View Post
    What I'm more interested in is that will the Scots stay in the UK if Brits leave the EU?
    Probably not but it's too soon to say. Once the results are in it'll be clearer although some polls held previously suggest that there would be a majority in favour of another Independence referendum in the event of a Brexit.
    Last edited by Shadowmelded; 2016-06-23 at 08:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Heltoray View Post
    What actually worries me is all those far-right xenophobic nationalist lie-spreading scum parties on the rise everywhere. And the people following them.
    Luckily they will achieve fuck all like they always do and the voting pendulum will swing back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    What has it got to do with Muslims?
    Simultaneous nothing and everything.

I've seen a lot of people moaning about 3rd generation British-Pakistanis and using that as their reasoning for voting leave. Stories like "I saw a Muslim woman and she didn't even speak English!"

Now we know that has the square root of fuck all to do with the EU, but they don't seem to.
    Last edited by klogaroth; 2016-06-23 at 08:48 PM.

i imagine:

55/45 in england want to leave
    50/50 in wales
    40/60 in scotland
    50/50 in NI

and it's very likely scotland swings it to remain, which is gross considering they're all inconsiderate vultures

Deleted
    10 Minutes to Save the World!

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    50/50 in NI
    I'm not 100%, but I think NI will favour remain.

They are, after all, the only part of the UK with a land border with an EU nation. A land border that I gather many people are quite keen on crossing freely.

15+ Year Old Account
    What has it got to do with Muslims?
    I dunno, I just hear some people want to leave because the EU is forcing Muslim immigration down UK's throats or something. I'm honestly asking because I'm coming at this only knowing what I hear from people, and haven't watched that many vids on it. Been too busy with work lately and my own country's politics.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Thes View Post
    What I'm more interested in is that will the Scots stay in the UK if Brits leave the EU?
    Well as someone pointed out, they knew this vote was coming when they had their referendum so it should not make a difference.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Quote Originally Posted by klogaroth View Post

They are, after all, the only part of the UK with a land border with an EU nation. A land border that I gather many people are quite keen on crossing freely.
    They also get a lot of structural funding.

Quote Originally Posted by Afrospinach View Post
    Well as someone pointed out, they knew this vote was coming when they had their referendum so it should not make a difference.
    At the time of the Independence referendum there was no way of knowing that the Tory's would get a majority. The "Better Together" campaign repeatedly said that the only way to safeguard our position in the EU was to vote "No".

true, it's probably a remain 'victory' in wales, scotland and NI (wales being least likely for remain victory). i think england is pro-leave.

that said, remain is still ahead of leave (48/46 from FT, 51/49 from telegraph)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    I dunno, I just hear some people want to leave because the EU is forcing Muslim immigration down UK's throats or something. I'm honestly asking because I'm coming at this only knowing what I hear from people, and haven't watched that many vids on it. Been too busy with work lately and my own country's politics.
    It has nothing to do with Muslims, the majority of our Muslims are Pakistani and due to the Commonwealth.

It is the Poles people do not like, coming over here and fixing the shit we broke.

10+ Year Old Account
    When will the results be in guys?

I read that they made exit polling illegal because pople were getting rambunctious with eachother over this vote.

In particular, a land border that has been critical in establishing peace in Ireland.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post

I read that they made exit polling illegal because pople were getting rambunctious with eachother over this vote.
    Officlal annoucement will be 8 am tomorrow morning IIRC.

Boris may have the appearance of a bumbling fool, sometimes he even is a bumbling fool, but he knows about policy, so he is not comparable to Trump.
    I dunno.

Similarities
    Both with irrationally crazy blonde hair.
    Both Bumbling
    Both stutter over words
    Both can and have insulted female gender at certain points
    Both born in New York.

Differences

Though Borris can be likeable.
    Borris has political smarts.
    As far as I am aware Borris hasn't been forced to bankrupt businesses multiple times
    Borris has been elected into political office before.

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post

we'll likely know the result by 04-05:00 BST

Deleted
    Anyone that has not voted yet needs to start sprinting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    I dunno.

Similarities
    Both Bumbling
    Both stutter over words
    Both born in New York.

Differences

As far as I am aware Borris hasn't been forced to bankrupt businesses multiple times
    Boris does not discriminate, he insults everyone, including Boris.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    In particular, a land border that has been critical in establishing peace in Ireland.
    Yeah, I've mentioned the problems that brexit has for the Good Friday agreement around here before.

As a guide to how much we don't want to fuck up the things that came about as the result of the peace process....

Did you know that child support law has special sections related to the Irish peace process? That is how detailed the process was. It touches every aspect of the law. And if we leave, we risk fucking up the best thing to come out of Blair's Labour. I'd rather not see the entirety of those years be a complete waste.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    I dunno.

Similarities
    Both Bumbling
    Both stutter over words
    Both born in New York.

Differences

I think of it like Twins. Boris is Schwarzenegger and Trump is DeVito