Page 30 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyster View Post
    Who said any of this would have to happen? Or are you just assuming?
    The USDA did. You know, the people who run SNAP?
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

We know they are food items. No one is saying they aren't. You specifically stated the government isn't involved while they are involved. Then stated they would only be involved if they restricted sugary products. I stated they already restrict edible foods. You are now arguing I said that sugary products aren't edible, when I never said that at all. Are you just continuing an argument off of what you hope I would say?
    Again, "Edible foods" is not a restriction on food stamps. It's what differentiates Food Stamp Programs from Welfare.

"Sugary foods" is a restriction on what qualifies as "edible foods". To do so would be to add extra government involvement...not remove it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    That is something that drives me crazy, lol. Enforces my thought that we should really break apart the US. Make each state it's own country. We practically already exist that way any how with the differences in laws and policies from state to state.
    But we're also united, like some sort united States.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

So, if you are poor, you should live like shit and eat shit because hey you're poor and that's all you deserve. I have an idea lets feed them dog food because hey it's cheap and well its my taxes.

whoever is paying for it is not relevant because that statement still stands. face it your mad that you are paying taxes so you want the people who are on foods stamps it to suffer because you think your better then them.

What if someone is on food stamps because worked their whole life and are old and the cost of living is too much?? They also shouldn't be allowed to eat what they god damn want?

What about someone who was born with a illness and they can only work part time and need food stamps? Should they also get punished?

To all the Food Nazis out there,

Fuck Off!

Who said any of this would have to happen? Or are you just assuming?
    If you read the article I just linked...you would see exactly "Who said it?"

It's in one of the Bolded sections that you quoted.
    Last edited by Evil Midnight Bomber; 2016-06-23 at 08:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    But we're also united, like some sort united States.
    LOL true indeed.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by flyspyro View Post
    So, if you are poor, you should live like shit and eat shit because hey you're poor and that's all you deserve. I have an idea lets feed them dog food because hey it's cheap and well its my taxes.

whoever is paying for it is not relevant because that statement still stands. face it your mad that you are paying taxes so you want the people who are on foods stamps it to suffer because you think your better then them.

What if someone is on food stamps because worked their whole life and are old and the cost of living is too much?? They also shouldn't be allowed to eat what they god damn want?

What about someone who was born with a illness and they can only work part time and need food stamps? Should they also get punished?

Fuck Off!
    Who is saying poor people should eat shit?

10+ Year Old Account

Fuck Off!
    Oh yeah, totally. People who don't eat candy or drink soda, are totally eating like shit.

Oh yeah, totally. People who don't eat candy or drink soda, are totally eating like shit.
    He brings up a good point, though.

Some people on food stamps are on SSI disability and are unable to work. Should they never be allowed to buy a candy bar, or soda, or bag of chips for the rest of their life?

That seems pretty unreasonable.
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

Show of Hands...Who among you is willing to pay higher taxes in order to keep people using their SNAP benefits to buy a Coke?

I mean I almost never eat candy and rarely drink k soda, but the rest of my diet is almost entirely taco bell so I'm not sure if healthy.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    He brings up a good point, though.

Some people on food stamps are on SSI disability and are unable to work. Should they never be allowed to buy a candy bar, or soda, or bag of chips for the rest of their life?

That seems pretty unreasonable.
    Some people on food stamps are on SSi disability and are unable to work. Should they never be allowed to buy cigarettes or alcohol for the rest of their life?

Quote Originally Posted by Stacyrect View Post
    Some people on food stamps are on SSi disability and are unable to work. Should they never be allowed to buy cigarettes or alcohol for the rest of their life?
    False equivalency, away!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    I mean I almost never eat candy and rarely drink k soda, but the rest of my diet is almost entirely taco bell so I'm not sure if healthy.
    Taco bell is pretty damn hard to resist.

I am currently mourning over my White Castle being closed till the fall. It breaks my heart when I drive past on my way home from work.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    Show of Hands...Who among you is willing to pay higher taxes in order to keep people using their SNAP benefits to buy a Coke?
    Actually, I would do away with the program for the most part. But only by adding basic income to every citizen who is at the working age. Would get a bunch of people off of welfare programs. Which, of course I would happily pay higher taxes for.

Who is saying poor people should eat shit?
    Don't play dumb.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    <---- This guy. Allowing millions of people to buy unhealthy non-nutritious items contributes to a wide variety of health disorders which we are on the hook for paying for. We are creating more problems in the effort to solve only one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    False equivalency, away!
    I C watt u did derr. When u'z makez dumb argument iz ok, when othaz peeplez use same dumb argument it bad

Don't play dumb. #FOODNAZI

The fact is people don't have the right to tell a person on ssdi or someone who has worked their whole lives that they shouldn't be able to get a treat once in a while. I mean holyshit life alrdy sucks for them. when youre broke, sometimes all they have is food to bring a fucking smile on their face and all the food nazis out there want to take even that away.. Jesus
    Last edited by flyspyro; 2016-06-23 at 09:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stacyrect View Post
    <---- This guy. Allowing millions of people to buy unhealthy non-nutritious items contributes to a wide variety of health disorders which we are on the hook for paying for. We are creating more problems in the effort to solve only one.
    That kind of solution would only affect the people on SNAP...and only in their direct use of their SNAP benefits for junk food. It wouldn't have much impact overall on medical costs.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, I would do away with the program for the most part. But only by adding basic income to every citizen who is at the working age. Would get a bunch of people off of welfare programs. Which, of course I would happily pay higher taxes for.
    So, you're against them using SNAP to pay for junk food...but you are in favour of giving basic income which the same people using SNAP to buy junk food...can then use to buy junk food?

Doesn't seem that your solution would fix the problem you have with the program
    Last edited by Evil Midnight Bomber; 2016-06-23 at 09:16 PM.

Don't play dumb.
    Okay, so no one. Good talk.

Will a food nazi explain to me why food stamp people shouldn't be able to use food money to buy w/e food they want? why is it ok for you and not them? is it because you think your better so because of that they should be limited?
    What about old people who worked their whole lives but because of inflation they are on food stamps?
    What about people on disability they shouldnt be able to buy a soda with food stamps?