Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Your To-do list when DH's unlock?

What is going to be your immediate to-do list once you finish the starting area for demon hunters during pre-patch. I assume most are gonna do professions, gear up for HFC, some might go run black temple for the legendary's.

I myself in this order

1) 310% flying

2) Black temple for a shot at those real warglaives.

3) Legion invasions until I'm in full 700+ gear :P

4) Possibly take it into HFC with my guild depending on when they release and if I'm ready gear wise.

Still debating on professions myself. Probably going to go inscription since that's the only profession I don't have on any of my main realm toons and it seems like it's going to be a convenience factor for the respec tomes. I probably won't really even touch garrisons honestly, no point.

10+ Year Old Account
    My main focus during the pre-patch is to farm up the transmog leather set from the Invasion event, since that's limited time.

Beyond that, getting a little tanking time in on HFC though that, while fun, won't be hugely valuable experience since level 100 Vengeance will play very differently from level 110.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

15+ Year Old Account
    Priority will be demon invasion gear to help ease the early leveling. But before the DH drop I plan to farm all the sets and weapons for transmog purposes anyway. I'll also be setting up my professions, garrison, and work on reputation stuff for the DH.

10+ Year Old Account
    1) Set up my Ui
    2) Professions
    3) Bags
    4) Set up my WeakAuras

Depending on how much time till launch i'll do the invasion event, otherwise i'll be doing the event on my current main.

Quote Originally Posted by Gracin View Post
    Priority will be demon invasion gear to help ease the early leveling. But before the DH drop I plan to farm all the sets and weapons for transmog purposes anyway. I'll also be setting up my professions, garrison, and work on reputation stuff for the DH.
    I don't want to go too off-topic, but it was to my knowledge the invasion will come at the same time as DH drop. Things could change and I could be wrong, but I thought that was the information given at the last dev interview (not the one going on today).

Max professions: most likely enchant, alch
    Achieve high ilvl to help with leveling
    black temple xmog runs
    have about 1.2mil available so I can but that 250k Dalaran ring at launch and still have a mil on him
    secure my raid spot as dps, beta time helps me with this ������
    Anything else needed to convert him over to my main

Max Leatherworking and Skinning
    Gear through crafting, Baleful, Mythic 5mans and/or HFC
    Monies for 250k Dalaran ring.
    Demon Invasions for Mog

Anything more will be fluff. I don't want to do so much that I burn out too quick. I'm already stock piling all the leather I can drop garrison resources on and have all the baleful gear and upgrades ready to go.

dump all the stuff i've been hoarding on my druid to my demon hunter. Fishing tomes to get to 700, enough mats to get both professions to 700, dozens of archaeology keystones, enough hexweave bags for 4 main slots and all bank slots, jaina's locket(will only port to old dalaran, but still useful), all ~40 of my medallions of the legion, pandaria rep tokens, hundreds of pet biscuits, elixirs of giant growth, savory deviate delights, transmorphic tinctures and augment runes, a battered hilt, a few huge ogre caches, spirits of harmony and of course gold.

Aside from sending all of that stuff, I don't think I'll do much with my demon hunter until legion. I'll build a lvl 3 garrison just because and then likely just do the pre-expac event until legion comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin-Sane View Post
    dump all the stuff i've been hoarding on my druid to my demon hunter. Fishing tomes to get to 700, enough mats to get both professions to 700, dozens of archaeology keystones, enough hexweave bags for 4 main slots and all bank slots, jaina's locket(will only port to old dalaran, but still useful), all ~40 of my medallions of the legion, pandaria rep tokens, hundreds of pet biscuits, elixirs of giant growth, savory deviate delights, transmorphic tinctures and augment runes, a battered hilt, a few huge ogre caches, spirits of harmony and of course gold.

Aside from sending all of that stuff, I don't think I'll do much with my demon hunter until legion. I'll build a lvl 3 garrison just because and then likely just do the pre-expac event until legion comes out.
    Wont need jainas locket if you buy the new Dalaran ring, you can use it to port to Dalaran 30 min cd. Plus you have a notmal hearthstone and a Dalaran hearthstone in addition to the ring. Very rarely find myself waiting on a cd to port back to dalaran

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twistedelmo View Post
    1) Set up my Ui
    2) Professions
    3) Bags
    4) Set up my WeakAuras

Depending on how much time till launch i'll do the invasion event, otherwise i'll be doing the event on my current main.
    Thats what i also plan on doing but seeing as 2000 is max nethershards you can collect lots of farming/back and forth to the vendor will be done will be done i imagine, i hope they stuck multiple nethershard vendors in locations.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

Quote Originally Posted by Dartz1979 View Post
    Thats what i also plan on doing but seeing as 2000 is max nethershards you can collect lots of farming/back and forth to the vendor will be done will be done i imagine, i hope they stuck multiple nethershard vendors in locations.
    There should be nethershard vendors near every invasion point.

For example, crossroads/northern barrens invasion, there is a vendor literally right outside crossroads. I think they consider the vendor for Azshara in Orgrimmar, and Tanaris has a vendor too I believe in gadgetzan.

Can't speak for alliance, sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Taygai View Post
    2) Black temple for a shot at those real warglaives.
    Just a heads-up in case you are unaware, you cannot transmogrify any item to the appearance of a Legendary item like the Warglaives of Azzinoth.

Anyways, here is my to-do list:
    1. Level up professions.
    2. Complete all pre-patch events (Broken Shore, Legion Invasions, Dark Whispers).
    3. Get any achievements with requirements for or associated with 2.
    4. Collect the Leather transmogrification set from the pre-patch unique currency vendor.

Quote Originally Posted by Krobane View Post
    Wont need jainas locket if you buy the new Dalaran ring, you can use it to port to Dalaran 30 min cd. Plus you have a notmal hearthstone and a Dalaran hearthstone in addition to the ring. Very rarely find myself waiting on a cd to port back to dalaran
    As I said in my post, jaina's locket ports you to old dalaran. Easy access to northrend for old dailies or raids for transmog as well as a portal to caverns of time. The new dalaran hearthstone and kirin tor ring are for the new dalaran which is located above the broken isles. Even if I could use my hearthstone instead and have it come up before I'm done whatever it is I'm doing, I'd still rather use my locket. I have it, so I might as well use it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do the demon hunters unlock with the pre-patch?

legion invasions for the full 700 gear.

then i'll just goof around, seeing what old raids and dungeons i can glitch around in.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    yes, with at least 1 week before launch promised, but it could be even sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    From what I saw in an interview, no, not immediately. Prepatch will hit, then an unspecified amount of time later (but before full Legion launch), DHs will unlock.

As I said in my post, jaina's locket ports you to old dalaran. Easy access to northrend for old dailies or raids for transmog as well as a portal to caverns of time. The new dalaran hearthstone and kirin tor ring are for the new dalaran which is located above the broken isles. Even if I could use my hearthstone instead and have it come up before I'm done whatever it is I'm doing, I'd still rather use my locket. I have it, so I might as well use it.
    All those portals are in new Dalaran and more

Depends on the timing of Legion invasions vs Demon Hunters going live:

If invasions start with prepatch, but DHs aren't out, I'll just farm the set on my Rogue for Xmog

If it's after DH's launch, I'll do it on the DH.

Beyond that:

1. Starting Zone/Warden Vault

2. Shattrath for that stupid quest where you follow Khadgar's arcane elemental around trying not to die of boredom to unlock Scryer faction.

3. 0-exalted Scryer rep, so I have a tabard to match my Invasion gear.
    http://legion.wowhead.com/dressing-r...8RBY808RBY808n

4. Professions

5. Gear up however I can, likely PvP gear being the easiest/highest ilvl attainable.

6. Weekly Glaive run (good call on that, guy above ^)

7. Profession farm specific things (undecided on current profs, but scribe, for example can make music rolls that need to be farmed.... Ench has certain illusions that require farming, etc)

8. Look into farming some Xmogs I may not already have (between my Rogue and Monk, that list is pretty small already)

9 If there's still time and I'm not already /wristing I'll look into leveling up Fishing/Arch/Cooking.

10. Trying to corner some of the AH market with what is new, but actually available (glyphs / music scrolls, Bags (not new, but am stockpiling them already with multiple tailors to sell to new DHs), Legacy Illusion manuals....etc)

10 Gold farming what I can (likely old instances at that point, since economy will be mostly dead)

EDIT:

Forgot one big one:

Ashran for Bones/ Colisuem Event for "LORD OF WAR" Title, if it's available/possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Krobane View Post
    All those portals are in new Dalaran and more
    It's not for the portals, it's for the location. Easy access to ulduar, ICC, argent tournament and so on. Even if there is a portal to old dalaran in the new one, I feel like I need to say this again since you're completely missing the point. I have the locket so I might as well use it. It's a free portal. There's no reason to waste my hearthstone even if its CD comes back up before I need it again. Ultimately, it's my locket, I farmed for the legendary axe and I earned it. I will use it regardless simply because I want to.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's not for the portals, it's for the location. Easy access to ulduar, ICC, argent tournament and so on. Even if there is a portal to old dalaran in the new one, I feel like I need to say this again since you're completely missing the point. I have the locket so I might as well use it. It's a free portal. There's no reason to waste my hearthstone even if its CD comes back up before I need it again. Ultimately, it's my locket, I farmed for the legendary axe and I earned it. I will use it regardless simply because I want to.
    Some people just don't understand that just because you have one way to a location, doesn't mean that you should be satisfied with only that one way. My main has, and eventually my DH will have like 15 different options to getting around the world. Between engineering items, teleport rings, lockets, neck pieces, and random other things, there is never a point where I am out in the world and can't get somewhere else within roughly 90 seconds.