Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Nobody has made the claim that every key is stolen. But G2A was built upon and still largely profits from the sale of either stolen keys or keys not intended for resale (bundled keys). That's the issue, that the core business model that the site began with and still thrives on (beyond selling "insurance" that's provided for free on other digital distribution sites and withholding preorder bonuses without telling people until after the fact so they can sell them separately) and people seem more or less totally fine with it.

No, but it means that you care more about getting a cheaper key than making sure the developers of the game you are about to (hopefully) enjoy get paid for their hard work and effort.
    if nobody has claimed all their keys are stolen, then i suggest you re-read the thread (specificaly post by the OP)

People keep saying this, while base game prices haven't changed in over a decade
    That is just shit, just in one year I am now paying almost 20$ more for games retail and online, it has forced me to pirate games and only buy ones that I want to play online with people.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    That is just shit, just in one year I am now paying almost 20$ more for games retail and online, it has forced me to pirate games and only buy ones that I want to play online with people.
    Yet, that is the problem of your countries dollar being complete shit and tanking and not the fault of the game industry.

Don't try to sit here and bullshit us like video games are the only thing going up in price in Canada when everything is.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Yet, that is the problem of your countries dollar being complete shit and tanking and not the fault of the game industry.
    Well I will just keep pirating until it is resolved, it is a non issue at this point for me personally, I just wish these game companies would adjust in the countries they sell so they remain affordable, they are only hurting their own sales out of their home countries.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

People keep saying this, while base game prices haven't changed in over a decade (despite inflation) and digital deals have gotten better and more frequent. DLC is more prominent/common now, totally agree, but it's often times useless faff that's totally unnecessary.
    They have though 50, to 60, to 70 Euro's the past 5 years. There was a day where console prices were 25% on top of PC games, right now were seeing games that match them. Fallout 4 was and is not worth 70, which is why I didn't buy the game fully priced. In fact, for months, I decided not to give the developers any money at all and pirated the thing. It was broken, it wasn't even a very good RPG and had lots of lazy cliches. At some point DLC started arriving and I bit the bullet on G2A (through Kinguin).

And apart from that, Developers started getting lazy with day1 DLC all-over the place. They have started opening shops in premium paid games. They have started increasing DLC prices to squeeze the juice out of every single game and last but not least, season passes.

Did I mention that subjectively speaking, the quality control of games has plummeted again? I'm aware someone will grab a few examples from pre-2K (year), but we've had a few golden years, in which developers actually cared about the content they produced. Right now, most premium games are Transformers movies. Lots of explosions, a huge budget, it looks fantastic, but it has no mass.

In hindsight, I should've gotten DOOM on Steam. It's fantastic and should be bought properly. That however, is not the case for most games. The ANNO series has fallen out of Grace this year, HOMM has been dead at least the last 2 versions of it, there was a time when Far Cry was an experience, rather than an MMO simulator and these are all games that go or went for AAA prices.

So basically now you're playing the "I'm entitled to play it, but it's not worth the asking price" card.

Video was linked already in this thread, but going to do it again.

The fact people can look at the evidence presented right at their face and still try to defend this sham just makes it more apparent you should never put faith in the human race.

Nobody has made the claim that every key is stolen. But G2A was built upon and still largely profits from the sale of either stolen keys or keys not intended for resale (bundled keys). That's the issue, that the core business model that the site began with and still thrives on (beyond selling "insurance" that's provided for free on other digital distribution sites and withholding preorder bonuses without telling people until after the fact so they can sell them separately) and people seem more or less totally fine with it.

No, but it means that you care more about getting a cheaper key than making sure the developers of the game you are about to (hopefully) enjoy get paid for their hard work and effort.
    I see at least 2 people who do actually.

So basically now you're playing the "I'm entitled to play it, but it's not worth the asking price" card.

Video was linked already in this thread, but going to do it again.

The fact people can look at the evidence presented right at their face and still try to defend this sham just makes it more apparent you should never put faith in the human race.
    I've always been and will always be the kind of person that says; If I wouldn't have bought it regardless, I'm not taking your money by pirating. This goes for music, games and movies. I see maybe 4 movies a year in the theatre, completely independent of whether I can pirate them or not. I only go see what I want to go see.

For some this is morally questionable. Fine by me, I'm honest about it, since I don't lie (by which I mean the definition of don't). That's my moral compass. People that lie can't be trusted. People that do shady things, but can't be arsed to lie about it, I like those a lot more.

Edit: Entitlement suggests I would be offended if my right to play something would get violated. I don't get offended. I don't feel entitled. I just don't care. If I'm not going to buy your game, I'll pirate it (assuming I have time, I haven't pirated games for years, besides FO4) and if I can't pirate it, I still won't buy it.
    Last edited by Vespian; 2016-06-23 at 09:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    I've always been and will always be the kind of person that says; If I wouldn't have bought it regardless, I'm not taking your money by pirating. This goes for music, games and movies. I see maybe 4 movies a year in the theatre, completely independent of whether I can pirate them or not. I only go see what I want to go see.
    And I agree. But with this you are taking there money.

Charge backs are not cheap and in the end can cost more then the money they lost. This has a bigger negtive effect on company's then pirating. Because like I have said before you can't prove pirating is a loss sell. This on the otherhand is a loss sell on top of losing more due to charge backs and credit getting hurt.

A few pages back I linked what a charge back can do to a consumer and a company.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    And I agree. But with this you are taking there money.

Charge backs are not cheap and in the end can cost more then the money they lost. This has a bigger negtive effect on company's then pirating. Because like I have said before you can't prove pirating is a loss sell. This on the otherhand is a loss sell on top of losing more due to charge backs and credit getting hurt.

A few pages back I linked what a charge back can do to a consumer and a company.
    By the assumption that G2A, or reselling in general, is a practice that is fuelled mostly by illegal sales. As long as I've not seen definitive proof of that, or as long as the practice is not being banned by law or otherwise, there is no reason to assume that everything I buy through a reseller is automatically illegally obtained. Which brings us back at the original argument.

By the assumption that G2A, or reselling in general, is a practice that is fuelled mostly by illegal sales. As long as I've not seen definitive proof of that, or as long as the practice is not being banned by law or otherwise, there is no reason to assume that everything I buy through a reseller is automatically illegally obtained. Which brings us back at the original argument.
    Its not going to get banned because its hosted out of Hong Kong. The only way to stop it is to region lock keys.

Also I have given you proof that it happens on there. Really don't know what you want more then what has been provided. There is tons of proof and its been provided.

You ignoring it isn't my issue.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

I also have proof that some person used a car to kill another person. Does that mean all car drivers are murderers?

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Its not going to get banned because its hosted out of Hong Kong. The only way to stop it is to region lock keys.

Also I have given you proof that it happens on there. Really don't know what you want more then what has been provided. There is tons of proof and its been provided.

You ignoring it isn't my issue.
    All the evidence right now only proves that G2A places the responsibility of proving that keys are stolen, with the publisher/developer. The origin of their middlemen is apparently irrelevant to them. Since G2A can claim independency (and making a profit margin of 30% is hardly uncommon business practice, it's not like products from a general store don't get made for 10% of the price you're paying) they're not actually doing anything illegal. The way I see it, the problem lies with the CC fraud.

Even the several YT channels are stuck with; the 2 examples mentioned that have come out and said their keys were stolen ánd; including in their statement that a portion of G2A (or resellers in general) are keys from regions where prices are lower in general. The last part isn't illegal and is simply an effect of global trading.

I will support proof of illegal activity by G2A, but so far, they may be grey, but there is no proof that G2A knowingly sells stolen keys.

Quote Originally Posted by Judy Hopps View Post
    I also have proof that some person used a car to kill another person. Does that mean all car drivers are murderers?
    Yet we can prove most car drivers are not by simple statistics.

You can't name one publisher claiming any of their keys on G2A where legitimately sold to be placed on there. You can name multiple examples of publishers and even verified re sellers getting keys bought it bulks of thousands with fraudulent charges.

Fail comparison is fail.

- - - Updated - - -

The last part isn't illegal
    Actually it is.

Selling digital goods meant for a specific region to regions outside of that violates multiples upon multiples of countries trade laws. Your lack of knowledge is staggering, and the fact you proceed to still comment with said lack of knowledge is even more staggering.

You can't name one publisher claiming any of their keys on G2A where legitimately sold to be placed on there. You can name multiple examples of publishers and even verified re sellers getting keys bought it bulks of thousands with fraudulent charges.

Fail comparison is fail.
    Yes you are completely ignoring the fact that the party that claims illegitimacy is also a stakeholder here. Stakeholders are very independent and objective.

Actually it is.

Selling digital goods meant for a specific region to regions outside of that violates multiples upon multiples of countries trade laws. Your lack of knowledge is staggering, and the fact you proceed to still comment with said lack of knowledge is even more staggering.
    Show me some of those multiples for the EU please, I'm very interested.

Also; Accuses of lack of knowledge; Compares independent statistic to stakeholder claims.
    Last edited by Vespian; 2016-06-23 at 09:55 PM.

Fail comparison is fail.
    Yet your proof of most keys being stolen is... a few random claims without any statistics.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not about drop $60 on some unoptimized piece of shit and then another $30-60 on DLC. I only lost $30 on Arkham Knight thanks to G2A instead of $60. Get on Blizzard's level if you want people to pay full price for your games.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

Quote Originally Posted by Tucci View Post
    I'm not about drop $60 on some unoptimized piece of shit and then another $30-60 on DLC. I only lost $30 on Arkham Knight thanks to G2A instead of $60. Get on Blizzard's level if you want people to pay full price for your games.
    You mean you lost 30 dollars instead of zero, thanks to g2a. WB offered full refunds of arkham knight through steam.

Or, you would wait until the game launches to see what kind of state it's in performance wise and decide whether or not you want to spend any money on it from there.

You know, an ounce of responsibility on the consumer end of things.

Quote Originally Posted by Anuibus View Post
    You mean you lost 30 dollars instead of zero, thanks to g2a. WB offered full refunds of arkham knight through steam.
    Heh, I was totally going to say this : P

Joke's on you since you can full refund any shit game you might buy on steam and lose only $0 instead of $30.