Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Honestly this seems really simple to me. If you really like raiding and cutting edge progression but want to play a sub par spec...well you are at odds with yourself. Gotta figure out which you like more at that point. Can't have your cake and eat it too.

Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    We get it you want to play frost.

Now the question is what is you goal on progression wise?
    Heroic Archimonde, which I will achieve tonight most likely.

Anything past that is just bonus content with me, not worth stressing over.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AsIlaydying View Post
    Honestly this seems really simple to me. If you really like raiding and cutting edge progression but want to play a sub par spec...well you are at odds with yourself. Gotta figure out which you like more at that point. Can't have your cake and eat it too.
    I completely agree. Some of these folks make it sound like you gotta min-max for normal HFA though, or else "you're not contributing to the team".

Quote Originally Posted by Tadkins View Post
    Heroic Archimonde, which I will achieve tonight most likely.

Anything past that is just bonus content with me, not worth stressing over.

- - - Updated - - -

I completely agree. Some of these folks make it sound like you gotta min-max for normal HFA though, or else "you're not contributing to the team".
    Exactly. I play what I like, and progress at the appropriate speed based on that. You can still raid without being OMGSUPERUBERBiSBEASTMODE. Just not at the highest level.

I think he released this video mostly due to the fact that pretty much every spec in WoW was changer or revamped in some way. This is going to obviously cause the biggest wave of rerollers ever, with people swearing to be playing DH for the whole expansion (at least 50%), and the rest choosing a random spec a youtuber (including Preach) happens to like. Never played a Shaman before? Whatever, somebody said Enhancement is fun to play, my main is picked.

Preach simply clarifies that going with this crowd might lead to ditching this main you were craving for, and being generally dissappointed. Specs might have been revamped, but the core of the classes remains the same. So, he just says that you should think of which CLASS you want to play, not which SPEC - because a spec might turn out to be not so fun, not so good dps wise or just not something needed in your raid group. Sounds quite rational to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    as someone who's done all content this expansion without a DK, i'm gonna say that it really doesn't matter. it slows you down when you're missing pieces, but really it doesn't matter. the only thing that matters is how you make it work with your own raid group.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    Anyone that has ever raided Mythic will realize this dude is a moron. He occasionally says a smart thing or two, but then he goes and says something moronic like this. You absolutely have to play the best spec possible if you're pushing progression. Period. No discussion
    Are you trolling or just ignorant? #1 that line wasn't aimed at mythic and #2 Preach is a mythic raider. Hell, he was even in method at one point (I think, could have been another 'big name' guild)
    TL;DR STFU

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Apparently you cant read what the person said, but you flexed your e-peen, you are so good! Learn to read what he said.

Also there are so many other things about raiding which makes this discussion pointless.

Especially all these "raid leaders" that killed the content with whatever composition.

Did your "whatever composition" cleared everything in a timely mannered? Or did you clear it 6 months after the raid was released which at least 1 patch has given new items which makes the previous raid obsolete?

There are tons of questions you can lie to or whatever but the fact remains.

If you wanted to be a heroic raider (Now Mythic) you must bring your 100% whether its spec, time etc.

Bringing your sub-part spec would get you kicked from any logical guild if you had the mentality "I will play what i want" no one wants to carry a stranger.

The video is pointless, if you need to be told this stuff then you should not be raiding -at all- or simply stay in LFR, its the reason why it was created.

Raiding is math, if you cant fulfill the math behind it then you dont deserve to be there, its simple.
    lol, I can read just fine, way to skip over EVERYTHING I said in an attempt to ignore reason.
    Allow me to cut through it all and lay it out for you: If you HAVE to make all your raiders spec a certain way, you're a piss poor raid group of substandard ability. Blizz have made raiding possible in ANY spec.
    Just because your comprehension is low does not mean I am wrong.
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    lol, I can read just fine, way to skip over EVERYTHING I said in an attempt to ignore reason.
    Allow me to cut through it all and lay it out for you: If you HAVE to make all your raiders spec a certain way, you're a piss poor raid group of substandard ability. Blizz have made raiding possible in ANY spec.
    Just because your comprehension is low does not mean I am wrong.
    You're wrong though. Well, you're not 100% accurate, better phrased.
    You can, theoretically clear content with 20 people playing whatever they want. You'd just have to spend a lot of attempts on each boss and ignore class mechanics that would give your raid a higher chance of success.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    You're wrong though. Well, you're not 100% accurate, better phrased.
    You can, theoretically clear content with 20 people playing whatever they want. You'd just have to spend a lot of attempts on each boss and ignore class mechanics that would give your raid a higher chance of success.
    To be quite frank, we've NEVER had issues clearing content, no matter what spec people are in.
    So what's that say? How do we read into that information?
    If we've never had ANY issues clearing content no matter peoples spec, and you guys have, who's got an issue?
    Not us.
    Sort of narrows it down, don't you think?

But seriously, don't come in here, read the last blurb and think you know what's up, go back, scroll up, read my first responses.
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FobManX View Post
    Yeah this is how I see it as well. Every DPS spec nowadays is viable anyways if you're not raiding at the cutting edge level.

Obviously within reason though, as in can't have eight people playing tank specs.
    Exactly. Although I'd love to see an 8 tank fight though. Make it where it doesn't have to be a traditional "tank" role though.

But people do need to play what they enjoy. I always have and have yet to grow bored with the game.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    To be quite frank, we've NEVER had issues clearing content, no matter what spec people are in.
    So what's that say? How do we read into that information?
    If we've never had ANY issues clearing content no matter peoples spec, and you guys have, who's got an issue?
    Not us.
    Sort of narrows it down, don't you think?

But seriously, don't come in here, read the last blurb and think you know what's up, go back, scroll up, read my first responses.
    In a year + of hfc I'm pretty sure you could do archimonde with a raid full of SV hunters.

Also, you read the thread, I've always been here. If you want to do mannoroth/xhul without deathknights, it's possible. You would just take a lot longer than people who did.

Quote Originally Posted by anaconda11 View Post
    hi , what do you guys make of preach saying play what you want in raids, not what your raid leader/team tell you to spec??

doesnt that mean your not team player if you cba to help out by respecing even thou you dont like it :/ ???? here the video

Thank god my guild has a play what you want policy and guess what? we still clear the hardest content without the optimal FotM classes and specs.

To be fair he says play a "class" not a "spec" you enjoy. It is pretty specific. A class will be made up of 2 to 4 specs come legion. Of course most people can't master one spec let alone four. But as he says being a class that can tank that cries there are no tanks and uses it as an excuse to not be prepared or can't run anything really only has themselves to blame. If you refuse to make right turns in your car because you only like turning left it isn't the car or society that is to blame when you end up only circling the block you live on and can't get anywhere. Unless of course at some point you suck it up and swing a right. Really that's all he is saying. Don't be afraid or to prideful to turn right to get somewhere.

Now of course you also have to understand his perspective. Or at least how I see it. So warning, yeah, this is my opinion. He is a one time very highly ranked and progressed raider. The essence of that 1% everyone talks about. But his approach is kinda aimmed at now just getting people that want to raid but don't in and improving those that are in to getting better. Of course he is human so not perfect but he tries. He also makes a living doing what he does so he does have to create content often so it's hard to always be perfectly spot on. Not to mention he also has an entertainment factor to maintain. But over all he does well. I wouldn't Jesus him or anything but he in general does a good job.

If you disagree with him that's fine and natural. I disagree with him 2 or 3 out of 10. But hate is a strong place to be and some people seem to be there. A simpler solution is available. Just don't watch. It's better than hate. Or simply disagree and move forward.

Deleted
    Lol, preach

I've always played the spec(s) I enjoy regardless of what anyone else says. I did switch from resto shaman to resto druid once for a short while to help the guild because there were no resto druids in the guild, but it was still a spec I enjoyed. I pay to play the way I want to, and nobody is going to tell me how to play the game I spend my own money on. I've left guilds for dumb shit like that. I guess it helps that I know my class and spec though. I don't min-max, but I do my best to get close to it.

OP, you should take your clickbait skills to Kotaku or Fox News.
    Last edited by Machinelf; 2016-06-25 at 12:51 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    unless you rushing for server first/world first/get the last boss down on mythic before the next raid teir (not drouts, actual raid teirs like getting blackhand down before HFC) then yes you are suspected to switch to better specs, or classes if they come up, but if your not in that category then your good

if your progressing in mythic you should be suspected to switch specs, but not classes, normal and heroic play whatever the f you want

also it all depends on the guild/progression/ how much of a difference it will make/take
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content