Thread: Mafia #70: D&D

Page 84 of 85 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dendrek View Post
    Ret, who in this game was assigned a role? *cough*
    I may or may not have really wanted at least one Bard that I knew would RP in the thread. That's not to say that the Bards did not randomly get their roles, however.

/rolls to believe Reticence
    Dendrek rolled a natural 1!

Quote Originally Posted by Catta View Post
    If someone spent the two previous games lurking its a bloody indicator
    Ya you're so totally right, it's not like Robo and I who are generally fairly active went basically dead in this game proving that you can't hold that standard at all and that once again I've just shown you how stupid this logic is.

But I mean good on you! You totes got me with your solid logic.

Quote Originally Posted by Virothe View Post
    Ya you're so totally right, it's not like Robo and I who are generally fairly active went basically dead in this game proving that you can't hold that standard at all and that once again I've just shown you how stupid this logic is.

But I mean good on you! You totes got me with your solid logic.
    If someone spent the two previous games lurking its a bloody indicator
    2 signifies a pattern i'd say

We don't d1 lynch people who havent played in a while or died night1 last game either. But you're saying we should because its only about [current] game?
    Nope; I've said before it's a stupid way to play and that standard is bullshit anyway. As I said I was killed by night 3 for almost 8 months, (I missed a game or two in there to be fair as well), and where was my pity defense? Who argued for the sake of allowing me to live? No one. Was I annoyed? Sure, but not everyone gets to live through every game and giving people a free pass because they died is malarkey which I've used AGAINST town multiple times as scum just to ensure I live longer.

- - - Updated - - -

2 signifies a pattern i'd say
    No it doesn't most statistic analysis is done in sets of 5 because 5 signifies a solid pattern where as two could just be an abnormality signifying something is amiss.

you might want to try

"Hey, you've been lack luster the past couple games is something up?" rather then "TORCH. PITCHFORK. ROPE. GALLOWS. IT'S LYNCHING TIME!"

I mean since you wanted to show how "Compassionate" you are by catering to the day 1 death's.

Good to know Catta's limit for lurkers though, I mean now we know that if we just lurk every other game it's fine right?

Good to know Catta's limit for lurkers though, I mean now we know that if we just lurk every other game it's fine right?
    Because thats definitely not a pattern either...

Thanks you for modding Ret and Danner. Liked the roles.

Because thats definitely not a pattern either...
    It's not a pattern, If I did it the game after next the best you could construe is might be happenstance, if I waited till the game after the next it might be the beginning of a pattern and you could maybe project I would do it again. But a pattern takes time, it's not based off something happening just twice. Tornado alley isn't called that because it happened to get a couple twisters through it. The Bermuda triangle isn't known for just a couple weird things happening there.

They are known as those because stuff happens there consistently all the damned time. If they released lab results or went in to human testing every time they had two rats show positive reception to a new treatment it would be insane. Try having a god damn standard man.

Quote Originally Posted by Crackleslap View Post
    Cheers for ze game.
    I'm sorry I lynched you my brother Cleric, but your RC kinda went off the rails at the end and I went from "YAY CLERIC BRO!" to "OMG SCUM CLERIC IT'S GONNA KILL ME!" pretty quick.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sorry I lynched you my brother Cleric, but your RC kinda went off the rails at the end and I went from "YAY CLERIC BRO!" to "OMG SCUM CLERIC IT'S GONNA KILL ME!" pretty quick.
    Yeah well I disliked your claim from the very start! :P

Also when I said "half the NA's weren't seen" I meant that half the people just didn't use them that night.

Yeah well I disliked your claim from the very start! :P

Also when I said "half the NA's weren't seen" I meant that half the people just didn't use them that night.
    Fair enough XD

Ya I didn't get that at all, I took it as you knew something that you weren't sharing and it made your entire role seem off and at that point of the game I think I was just looking for anything I could latch on to >.<

You guys better not lock this thread before I get a chance to do my RP post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quickly lock the thread!!

Thanks for the game, Danner/Reticence! It was a lot of fun! I have to admit I was concerned that town were set to lose but things picked up nicely towards the game's end.

Deleted
    If you all had not noticed I didn't feel like being a team player this game, Every single one of you were being stupid, hypocritical and sheepy as fuck. Those two days with no lynches could have been easily resolved if you had followed through on pursing lurker lynches and instead you allowed the majority of people who were lurker (or at least not as active) to skate by till end game.
    But Virothe! Person A used & instead of and. Clear indication of scum!!!!

Ive said it once and Ill say it again. You gotta lynch lurkers.

As for the game: Very good game. Props to the mods for making it and thank you

MVP Scum: Dendrek by far. Without him I reckon we wouldve floundered (Mafia really need a leader role)
    MVP Town: Xanjori - Your game was so on point its ridiculous. You shall have to be killed in future! Also honourable mention to Raza and Senna for games well played.

Quickly lock the thread!!
    NoooooOOO!

/rolls to end game post
    Dendrek rolled a natural 20!

A crowd has begun to form near the center of the arena. People were pushing past each other to get to the front of it. What they were so excited about, Dendrek didn't know. He didn't much care to join them, either. He was just happy they were leaving him alone.

As more and more people gathered, curiosity got the better of him.

He went up to the closest person. "Hey," he called to a Priest who had his back to him, "Hey, what's going on?" Apparently the Priest couldn't hear him over the hubbub of the gathered adventurers. He pulled at a Priest's tunic, and his hand was swatted away. "Go find another spot," Crackleslap said. "This one is mine!" Crackleslap turned his back to Dendrek again.

"I," Dendrek began, "was," he bent down, "talking," he grabbed a rock, "to you!" He threw the rock at the idiot Priest's head.

"Ow!" Crackleslap turned around, rubbing his head. "Hey, what was that for?"

"What's going on?"

"What, you don't know?" Crackleslap seemed to have a knack for asking stupid questions. "There's going to be a performance! A Bard is about to play for us!" he declared excitedly.

"No I'm not..." Dendrek sneered.

"What?" Crackleslap looked confused (which was normal for him). "No. You?" Crackleslap looked Dendrek up and down. Well, mostly down. There wasn't a whole lot of up to be looking at. "Ha, no. I'm talking about Rixis. He's great!" he gleefully declared. "I don't even know who you are."

Dendrek's face went beat red and his tiny fists were balled and shaking. "Wa, gah... I'm.... yau.... g." For the first time ever in the bard's life, Dendrek was at a loss for words; mostly because his brain was too flush with rage to form actual thoughts. "Raaaaghhh," He grabbed the nearest thing he could find (his fiddle) and proceeded to beat Crackleslap bloody with it.

After about a minute, the fiddle was breaking apart at the joints. Having finally gotten that out of his system, and with Crackleslap twitching on the ground, Dendrek began to push his way through the crowd.

"You!" Dendrek shouted angrily when he saw Rixis.

"You!" Rixis shouted excitedly when he saw Dendrek.

They both ran towards each other: Rixis to give Dendrek a hug! Dendrek to stab Rixis with a knife!

Rixis got his arm around Dendrek, causing Dendrek to lose grip of his knife and it fell to the ground.

"Hey buddy!" Rixis greeted the fellow Bard, lifting him off the ground.

"Put me down!" Dendrek demanded, reaching out in vain for the knife that was now several body-lengths away from him.

"Oh sorry!" Rixis put Dendrek down, but put one hand on his shoulder, pulling Dendrek along with him (and away from the knife) as he walked towards the center of the gathered crowd. "I'm about to do a performance!" he said. "You should join me!"

Dendrek glared at Rixis.

"Common buddy!"

Dendrek glared harder at Rixis.

"We both know you're a better Bard than I am!"

Dendrek huffed. He thought about it. He looked at Rixis. He huffed again. "Fine."

"Wooo!" Rixis shouted.

Out of the corner of his eye, Dendrek was keeping track of where his knife had fallen.

"Ok, you start!" Rixis smiled.

Dendrek thought for a moment...

I see
    A chance that I might win this game.
    If I can
    Make a believable claim.
    If I'm caught,
    I'll only have myself to blame.
    But if not,
    It will be a act worthy of fame.

My friends getting figured out;
    Their alignments, town is combing through.
    Aren't enough people dying now.
    Don't know what I am gonna do.

Throwing scum claims at the wall.
    Are they watching every move I make?
    Need more town to take the fall.
    Looking for more weak claims I can shake.

I need
    Someone whose claim I can frame.
    'Cause I won't
    Make it if I lie every day.
    If I don't,
    Attention's gonna go my way.
    And I won't
    Make it to the end at this rate.

I keep
    Going to my QT to pray,
    That I won't
    Be caught out by a lie that I say.
    And at most
    I'm sheeping so that they won't see me.
    But your gone,
    And the ghost of you, it haunts how I play.

Rixis clapped excitedly. A few other people in the crowd did too: a Paladin, a Rogue, a Barbarian and a Monk.

Not everyone seemed to enjoy his performance though.

"Get him off the stage!" Lysah, the Jerk Druid, shouted with her hands clasped in a cone-shape to amplify her voice.

"We came here for Rixis!" Uggor, the jerk twin Druid Jerk of Lysah, bellowed.

Dendrek went into a fit of rage and tried charging at them, but Rixis easily held him back. "Don't worry about them. You did great!"

Dendrek was beginning to forget why he wanted to stab Rixis. Maybe he could stab one of the druids instead?

Rixis began his own performance, an epic rock anthem complete with a flaming guitar! Dendrek had to admit it was pretty good (though he'd never say that out loud).

Having accepted his defeat, Dendrek decided it was time to go. He made his way out of the crowd. On his way out, he grabbed the dagger from the ground and threw it at the druids. He missed, and it hit the Warlock, Catta, between the eyes. "Good enough."

Dendrek made his way out of the crowd and then out of the stadium. On his way out, he reminisced about the game. So many lies, so many people manipulated and killed. So many insults! And really, isn't that what this game is all about? "It's been fun," he thought as he left.

About an hour later, a massive earthquake shook the stadium, collapsing it on everyone there and killing them instantly.

----------

To everyone I didn't insult this game: I'm sorry. I hope I haven't offended you!

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic209 View Post
    But Virothe! Person A used & instead of and. Clear indication of scum!!!!

Ive said it once and Ill say it again. You gotta lynch lurkers.
    Yup but no one wants to follow through on it and it makes lurking in this game easy and effective. Robo just lurked to near victory, I just didn't contribute for the win. But it's more important to lynch people with a past history of lurking vs the people actually doing it.

/applauds Dendrek
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

10+ Year Old Account
    of course im a character in that story.