KFC India releases built-in phone charger with their chicken box

Have you ever been eating at a fast-food restaurant and realized that your smartphone is fast running out of juice and there’s no outlet available and your powerbank is all out of power as well? That will be a definite cause for panic for people suffering from nomophobia (fear of being without your phone). But if you’re at a KFC in India, there might be an immediate solution. They are offering what they call a “Watt A Box” to help you charge your device for such an emergency.

Watt A Box is basically a 5-in-1 Meal box that comes with a built-in battery and USB port which will be able to power up your device. However they did not specify the capacity of the battery and whether it’s just for a one-time charge and disposable or if it’s something you’d want to take home, with or without the chicken. What we do now is that it will only be offered for a limited time and it will be available in selected Delhi and Mumbai stores.

To get one, you would have to order their 5-in-1 Meal box, which includes chicken, what looks like saffron rice, a drink and a dessert. You can also join an online contest that is currently ongoing in the KFC India Facebook page. KFC India CMO Lluis Ruiz Ribot said that they introduced Watt A Box to add an “element of utility” to their Meal box, particularly since a dead smartphone battery is a nightmare for a lot of people.

There is no news yet on how long they will offer this treat and whether other KFC branches around India will be included later on. We can only hope that other countries will also have this tech treat for their customers as it’s a common fear that people attached to their gadgets have.
    Why the hell do you need to charge your phone with your fast food box.

http://androidcommunity.com/kfc-indi...-box-20160623/
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    All the other countries get cool fast food, in the US we just get nasty ass macaroni stuffed cheetos.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

This is what happens when corporations are set up so nobody can offer constructive criticism on a shitty idea.

For all those times I was ordering fast food and forgot about my car charger or other batteries
    Bleh

dear* fast food restaurants,

please stop adding useless usb chargers to boxes of chicken and instead pay your employees a better wage

yours,
    extremity

Given the case I guess I should be thankful that this waste of resources is a time limited offer..

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    All the other countries get cool fast food, in the US we just get nasty ass macaroni stuffed cheetos.
    What ?!

Sounds like a waste of mats.

I literally do not see a problem.

At worst, you have a backup phone charger.
    At best, you have a backup phone charger.

It seems like you folks would bitch if you got an extra phone charge cable with your new cell.

"Why do I need two? I only have one phone! This is stupid!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    What ?!
    https://www.google.com/url?q=https:/...7eeaG-8p8hRjrA

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Depends on where you live, in particular some of the places on the west coast (and close by) are the best fast food joints on the god damn planet.

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    Why the hell do you need to charge your phone with your fast food box.

http://androidcommunity.com/kfc-indi...-box-20160623/
    To get you to talk about KFC. The plan is working, I would say.

I'd be worried the chemicals from that tech would leak into my food.