By capacity %, the worst attendance teams in the East would be Carolina, Columbus, then the Islanders - everyone else had 90%+ capacity attendance for home games.

Isles? They just moved to Brooklyn, and part of their sale (if memory serves) from Wong was that they HAVE to keep the Isles in Brooklyn at least through their first lease for 25 years... except their is a mutual "out" clause after 4 years apparently, and the owners may only do that if they have another arena built - it makes no mention of whether they are allowed to relocate or not. So 2019/20 season may be something to keep an eye on? Especially if they lose Tavares to UFA in 2 more years. Would new owners be willing to move to QC?

Columbus? They just had the ASG there 18 months ago. They are obviously still trying to grow the game there, but their attendance is undeniably one of the lowest in the league over the last half-decade. Seems to be trending back up slightly, but still not filling the arena very often.

Carolina? Similar attendance issues of late, but I believe I saw a quote from Bettman yesterday saying outright that Carolina would not be moving... doesn't mean shit, and they've been linked to QC relocation rumours for months now.

Any other team that was struggling even 3-4 years ago is now having playoff appearances, filling seats like never before, etc. Not sure what happens there. Either way, I have seen a virtual tour of the new arena in QC and it is pretty freakin nice. Would be a shame to have it empty for too long.

Deleted
    Norris Trophy this year just shows that NHL awards is an even bigger joke than the Oscars are for movies. Doughty sure has deserved one during the years but not this season, he is not even top 5 this year.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I mean I don't remember much of anything about the Nordiques leaving, considering I was a still a toddler, but wasn't it about lack of money, lack of fan support, etc. etc., i.e. legit reasons to move? It's a bit different than cities like St. Paul/Minneapolis or Cleveland losing teams then getting them back, those are major cities and you know that the money and support will be there if run correctly.

I believe Quebec City would be the smallest city with a professional sports team (though Green Bay is pretty small too), so I guess my question is, why are they so sure it will be different this time if a team goes back?

10+ Year Old Account
    When the Nordiques left it was for almost the same reasons the Jets left. We didn't have luxury boxes and the dollar was in a very bad place. Both owners were looking to sell and the NHL was looking for US buyers. So they basically waived relocation fees on both franchises when their owners bought them and got them out of Canada into the US.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    PK Subban rumours going about. Apparently they asked for Draisaitl and 4 others FROM EDM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    PK Subban rumours going about. Apparently they asked for Draisaitl and 4 others FROM EDM.
    Oh god, Montreal must be having flashbacks to the riots when Richard got suspended.

The Nordiques had actually very good fan support in the final years leading up to them leaving... a damn good team, too. It was pretty much solely about the dollar value for them. Can't speak to Jets 1.0, but they have a team again, so meh.

As for Subban, I heard it was Draisaitl + 4th overall, not 4 other players. Either way, I don't think anyone has the means or desire to give up as much as they will need to in order to get Subban from Montreal. Would I take Draisaitl + 4th for Subban? Eh.. maybe. If I'm Edmonton, I'd rather try to give up RNH and 4th.. maybe throw in Yakupov if that's not enough, since they don't seem to keen on him anyway. Dubois would be a huge selling point for Montreal, but then you give up your best player not named Price. TLDR, I don't see him being moved. Would be just delighted if I were wrong and it were to a WC team.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Legit, multiple sources reporting it so I think its more teams are calling on Subban and bergevin is saying min price. I musta misread the first one but Drai + 4th + Nurse might be an intrigueing base offer. Only thing that makes sense would be to clear up cap space to take a meaningful run at Stamkos but that seems like a terrible gm move thats unrealistic. If it did happen, I'd love that montreal lineup with Pierre luc Dubois, the edmonton gains, Stammer and what they have already.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    Legit, multiple sources reporting it so I think its more teams are calling on Subban and bergevin is saying min price. I musta misread the first one but Drai + 4th + Nurse might be an intrigueing base offer. Only thing that makes sense would be to clear up cap space to take a meaningful run at Stamkos but that seems like a terrible gm move thats unrealistic. If it did happen, I'd love that montreal lineup with Pierre luc Dubois, the edmonton gains, Stammer and what they have already.
    I heard it was Drai + 4th + other picks but that's still too little for Subban IMO.

Also my brother said he heard someone say Leafs offering JVR + some 2nd rounders for the 3rd OA.

Benning will hopefully be fined for his comments.

Also, if anyone's interested Henrique did a hell of an AMA on Reddit.
    Last edited by Greeney; 2016-06-24 at 07:34 PM.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    I heard it was Drai + 4th + other picks but that's still too little for Subban IMO.

Also my brother said he heard someone say Leafs offering JVR + some 2nd rounders for the 3rd OA.

Benning will hopefully be fined for his comments.

Also, if anyone's interested Henrique did a hell of an AMA on Reddit.
    I think if you are the Leafs, you have two options with JVR right now. He is still a good player under contract for a couple of more seasons, that cap hit is pretty reasonable too for someone with his skillset. Either you keep him and put him on the wing with Matthews and Nylander or you trade him for futures and/or a top end pick in this draft. Honestly, his value is still pretty high despite having a sub par season in which he was injured for quite a bit of it, and he will bounce back. I'd want Puljujarvi over JVR right now due to upside, we know what JVR's ceiling is on a team where he has some good players on his line, I don't think it was a fluke that he put up some pretty amazing numbers a couple of seasons ago with Kessel and Bozak on his line. But I think a lot of it hinges on whether or not Columbus is in a win now or win later type of scenario. To me, it looks more like win later because they finished near the bottom of the league this year. But that market has been so poorly managed as far as trades, drafting and even free agent signings over the last few years. They are more likely going to be the punching bag next season because at least the Leafs will have made enough moves to get rid of dead weight (ironically dumping Clarkson on Columbus for a salary dump that won't impact our cap).

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone know of a stream to watch the draft? I dun haz TV

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.sportsnet.ca/now/

That is what I have of official sites. They have a free 7 day trial.

- - - Updated - - -

Who's going to put up a list of the players that got drafted?

I don't think it's especially necessary since this will be plastered all over the Internet, but here we go.

1. Auston Matthews (C) - Toronto
    2. Patrik Laine (RW) - Winnipeg
    3. Pierre-Luc Dubois (LW/C) - Columbus
    4. Jesse Puljujärvi (RW) - Edmonton
    5. Olli Juolevi (LHD) - Vancouver
    6. Matthew Tkachuk (LW) - Calgary
    7. Clayton Keller (C) - Arizona
    8. Alexander Nylander (LW) - Buffalo
    9. Mikhail Sergachev (LHD) - Montreal
    10. Tyson Jost (C) - Colorado
    11. Logan Brown (C) - Ottawa (from New Jersey)[swapped 1sts + NJD get Ottawa's 3rd]
    12. Michael McLeod (C) - New Jersey (from Ottawa)[swapped 1sts + NJD get Ottawa's 3rd]
    13. Jake Bean (LHD) - Carolina
    14. Charles McAvoy (LHD) - Boston
    15. Luke Kunin (C) - Minnesota
    16. Jakob Chychrun (LHD) - Arizona (from Detroit)[Datsyuk's contract + 16 for Vitale, 20, 53]
    17. Dante Fabbro (RHD) - Nashville
    18. Logan Stanley (LHD) - Winnipeg (from Philadelphia)[Philly 18+79 to Winnipeg for 22+36)
    19. Kieffer Bellows (C) - NY Islanders
    20. Dennis Cholowski (LHD) - Detroit (from NY Rangers via Arizona)[Pick included in the 2014/15 trade for Yandle/traded to Detroit with Vitale, 53rd for Datsyuk's contract + 16th]
    21. Julien Gauthier (RW) - Carolina (from Los Angeles)[Pick included in the 2014/15 trade for Sekera]
    22. German Rubtsov (C) - Philadelphia (from Chicago via Winnipeg)[Pick included in trade for Ladd/Winnipeg 22+36 to Philly for 18+79]
    23. Henrik Borgström (C) - Florida
    24. Max Jones (LW) - Anaheim
    25. Riley Tufte (LW) - Dallas
    26. Tage Thompson (C) - St. Louis (from Washington)[Washington 26th to St. Louis for 28th + 87th]
    27. Brett Howden (C) - Tampa Bay
    28. Lucas Johansen (LHD) - Washington (from St. Louis)[St. Louis 28th + 87th to Washington for 26th]
    29. Trent Frederic (C) - Boston (from San Jose)[Pick included in 2015 off-season trade for Jones]
    30. Sam Steel (C) - Anaheim (from Pittsburgh via Toronto)[Pick included in trade for Kessel/sent to Anaheim in trade for Andersen]

Trades:

Montreal trades Lars Eller to Washington for 2017 2nd (WSH) and 2018 2nd (WSH).
    Chicago trades Andrew Shaw to Montreal for 2016 2nd (MTL) and 2016 2nd (MIN).
    St. Louis trades Brian Elliott to Calgary for 2016 2nd (CGY) and conditional 2018 3rd.
    Ottawa Senators trade #12 Overall and 3rd (2016) to New Jersey for #11 Overall.
    Detroit trades Pavel Datsyuk's contract and #16 Overall to Arizona for Joe Vitale, #20 Overall, 2016 2nd (53rd, compensatory pick).
    Philadelphia trades #18 and 3rd (79th) to Winnipeg for #22 and 2nd (36th).
    Washington trades #26 to St. Louis for #28 and 2016 3rd (87th).
    Last edited by VanillaO; 2016-06-25 at 02:51 AM.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Alright, let's do this shit.

Trades:

Eller to Washington from Montreal for two 2nd's next year and 2018

Chicago trades Shaw to Montreal for their 2016 2nd round pick and Minnesota's 2nd round pick that Montreal has.

Wow, Columbus takes Pierre Luc Dubois over Puljujarvi. AND the Oilers are going to ruin another great forward....

Matthew Tkachuk has his dad's huge chin, but so do most of his siblings.
    Last edited by Rennadrel; 2016-06-24 at 11:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's bedlam right now. What is going on with the picks? People are picking for need.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    It's bedlam right now. What is going on with the picks? People are picking for need.
    Aside from Edmonton anyway, who picked another forward when they needed another defenseman.

Treliving is a machine. I love it.

Beast winger and an experienced legit #1 goaltender for picks.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    Treliving is a machine. I love it.

Beast winger and an experienced legit #1 goaltender for picks.
    Benning needs to learn from Treliving. Treliving seems to fleece people for a living.

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    Benning needs to learn from Treliving. Treliving seems to fleece people for a living.
    seriously lol

Shinkaruk at the deadline and somehow squeaked Tkachuk away at 6th...how in the hell? Treliving is a witch.

Jealous of Winnipeg's #2 pick though. Enjoy that.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Don't have many years where we draft a guy that wanted to be drafted by us.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Alberta makes out like bandits, Arizona doing very well in the 1st day also.