Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    GTA V even worth buying on the PC, keep hearing about hackers getting normal people banned. Swaying me away from buying it...

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Snow View Post
    GTA V even worth buying on the PC, keep hearing about hackers getting normal people banned. Swaying me away from buying it...
    Hackers can basically do that to any game/computer on the internet.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Wounder if new Hitman will be on sale, not really up for buying it on full price.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    Hackers can basically do that to any game/computer on the internet.
    Well I know that but the steam reviews are really pushing me away. I'd be getting the game for just the multiplayer anyways...
    I've played it on my Xbone, thoroughly enjoyed the story and multiplayer was pretty fun. Hear it's a lot more enjoyable on the PC if you can get away from the hackers. Hmmmm, the choices!

Hmm. FO4 is a no brainer, I've been waiting a while for that one.
    On the fence about Doom 3
    Added 1 of the Assetto Corsa DLC packs

I'll peruse a bit more. At this point it feels sort of like just adding to a library that I'm not even 10% through, at the rate I play games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    I'll peruse a bit more. At this point it feels sort of like just adding to a library that I'm not even 10% through, at the rate I play games.
    It's okay, i'm the exact same way. Look at all these sweet deals man! I'm going to play all these games...
    I've got over 45 games in my library of which only about 10 have been played.

Any of the Total War games worth getting, for someone who's never played any of them? I have the Warhammer one wishlisted, obviously it's not on sale this time around so I'll wait on that, but interested to which of the others play well.

Only a couple of games interest me in the sale so far - Just Cause 3 and the latest Metal Gear Solid. Oh, and Crusader Kings II.
    Bit difficult to find much at the moment with it being so damned slow ...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoicefromwithin View Post
    Help!

Civ V pure or Civ V the full package with all dlcs?

And does the Ubisoft crap require an additional account/log-in on top of Steam?
    If you want to play Civ V the you'll need the DLCs for the full experience because they add some features to the game.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

So are these the prices of all games until the 4th or we get different games getting deeper discounts on different days?

I think this sale is pretty bad. There isn't exactly anything I want. Apparently everything that is on sale during this summer sale is already there going to be the same way until the end. Nothing new in between. No flash sales. Nothing. Tho... good part is that I don't have to camp steam store all the time.

The games that I'd actually want are not affected by summer sale.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    So are these the prices of all games until the 4th or we get different games getting deeper discounts on different days?
    pretty sure this is it. except for ubisoft games. theyll most likely lower prices later in the sale.
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well I know that but the steam reviews are really pushing me away. I'd be getting the game for just the multiplayer anyways...
    I've played it on my Xbone, thoroughly enjoyed the story and multiplayer was pretty fun. Hear it's a lot more enjoyable on the PC if you can get away from the hackers. Hmmmm, the choices!
    I thoroughly enjoyed the game on the PC, but only the Story Mode.

I tried GTA Online just once, about six months ago, and didn't have a good experience. But I'm not much of a multi-player gamer, and have a very low tolerance for childishness and cheating, so take that with a grain of salt.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Davemetalhead View Post
    Any of the Total War games worth getting, for someone who's never played any of them? I have the Warhammer one wishlisted, obviously it's not on sale this time around so I'll wait on that, but interested to which of the others play well.

Only a couple of games interest me in the sale so far - Just Cause 3 and the latest Metal Gear Solid. Oh, and Crusader Kings II.
    Bit difficult to find much at the moment with it being so damned slow ...
    Shogun 2 was a really stand-out TW game for me. But I've been a huge fan of that period ever since reading James Clavell's novel many years ago.

Their more recent offerings, Rome II and Attila, I skipped due to the mediocre reviews and initial player backlash ... but I understand that they've been cleaned up and improved a lot since launch.

Also, Crusader Kings is a really fun and different sort of strategy game. Takes a while to get used to playing a family/dynasty rather than a nation or kingdom. I bought the game in one of these Steam sales a few years ago, and have more than 200 hours clocked up. That's very modest (filthy casual!) by community standards, but still great value!

7+ Year Old Account
    Finally bought Batman: Arkham Knight thanks to this sale since even at £25 (not including the Season Pass) I wasn't going to buy it but now at £15 it's practically a steal and with the Season Pass making it £25 instead of the old price of £45 I believe I'm not getting a lot of bang for my £25.
    Last edited by Liyka; 2016-06-23 at 11:39 PM. Reason: Added additional info

Quote Originally Posted by Liyka View Post
    Finally bought Batman: Arkham Knight thanks to this sale since even at £25 (not including the Season Pass) I wasn't going to buy it but now at £15 it's practically a steal and with the Season Pass making it £25 instead of the old price of £45 I believe I'm not getting a lot of bang for my £25.
    Is batman AK fixed for PC? Last I knew it gave computers AIDS and cancer.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Is batman AK fixed for PC? Last I knew it gave computers AIDS and cancer.
    last i heard it was fixed. it has overwhelmingly positive recent reviews now. ya at 17 bucks its a steal. i got it 2. also for those dying light fans, the following is on sale for 10 bucks. was a steal at 20 so 10 is a no brainer.
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

Might get Grim Dawn since I've heard great things about it. Also looking at Divinity: Original Sin since I've heard it's really good but not sure if I'd enjoy the turn based combat.

Shame they are no longer doing the Daily or Flash sales anymore...
    A bit of a Lesser reason to use Steam now. >,<

- - - Updated - - -

Source? D:

I had thought there was a recent patch that had "fixed" a lot of those issues because hackers had a way to get into the console commands on multiplayer.
    I'm a Kitsune! Not a cat, or a mutt!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Fox View Post
    Shame they are no longer doing the Daily or Flash sales anymore...
    A bit of a Lesser reason to use Steam now. >,<

- - - Updated - - -

Source? D:

I had thought there was a recent patch that had "fixed" a lot of those issues because hackers had a way to get into the console commands on multiplayer.
    Steam reviews

Steam reviews
    Oh...
    Ew...
    Yeah, I see that now...
    Normally don't think Steam Reviews are all that accurate, but the large number of them I'm seeing in just the last 30 days alone is rather large and shocking...

Sigh
    PC Online Gaming is getting out of hand, and half-assed supported...
    I'm a Kitsune! Not a cat, or a mutt!