Need help with system image restore

My main hdd is dying, keeps making a ticking noise so today I bought a new 1tb hdd (my old one was 500gb) anyway I created a system image the new hdd now has 517gb free instead of 900 so it worked. When I click on the drive in my computer there's 2 VHD files one 430gbs and another 55gbs. My question is how do I get my computer to boot from the new hdd instead of the old one? I basically don't want to use the old one anymore but when I tried booting from the new hdd it wasn't working am I missing a step?

15+ Year Old Account
    It depends on what programme you used to create those images.

VHD files can be made with any number of them ... but you download some freeware Linux based programmes to clone your drive to another.
    If not you can buy some to directly clone your old HDD to your new with the proper sizes expanded.

I bought and used Paragon Hard Disk Manager 15 Premium, that allows you to create ISO files and do it on the fly provided you have both HDDs connected.
    Very easy to use and works perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Evildeffy View Post
    It depends on what programme you used to create those images.

VHD files can be made with any number of them ... but you download some freeware Linux based programmes to clone your drive to another.
    If not you can buy some to directly clone your old HDD to your new with the proper sizes expanded.

I bought and used Paragon Hard Disk Manager 15 Premium, that allows you to create ISO files and do it on the fly provided you have both HDDs connected.
    Very easy to use and works perfectly.
    I just used window's default system disk image creation

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Attempt View Post
    I just used window's default system disk image creation
    Then perhaps someone else on this forum can assist you.

I have barely any experience with the Windows Image Restore techniques mostly because I know their back-up systems are a pile of crap.

Sorry I cannot assist you further .. but I do recommend using something like Paragon over that pile of crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Evildeffy View Post
    Then perhaps someone else on this forum can assist you.

I have barely any experience with the Windows Image Restore techniques mostly because I know their back-up systems are a pile of crap.

Sorry I cannot assist you further .. but I do recommend using something like Paragon over that pile of crap.
    yeah, it's giving me a bunch of problems = /

- - - Updated - - -

I looked at that already, it doesn't help

I'm just gonna use a program called Macrium Relfect and just clone the drive to the other and see how that works out.