The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    I'm holding judgement for now. If there are actual consequences for the Ebon Blade doing this, I'll be fine with it. But I can't help but be paranoid that blizz intends to just gloss over it and at best give the paladins a handwave later of 'they're letting it slide to focus on the Legion.' I"m not asking for a full on paladin vs dk war, but something ought to come of this.
    They get tied to a wooden saddle and spanked with light's justice
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    "Only we, the gloomy, dark and depressed fucks with cool necromantic powers and questionable morality can save this world!"

Yeah, he definitely does.
    They really should had gone with guy from hatred instead of nazgrim. Or at least AU Kargath.

10+ Year Old Account
    And this is actually the best part. The player bears if not more responsibility than anyone else, is not clear how the dk PC is going explain this bullshit when he'll have to face his respective faction. Can't wait for the next expansion where no one will pretend nothing of this ever happened and go full "THE HERO OF THE HORDE HAS COME TO SAVE THE DAY YAY" that would be worthy of a laugh and a loud one too.
    Gosh that would be hilarious. Even more if your DK is going to do quests and fight alongside Liadrin or other Silver Hand members in a future expansion. ''THE HERO IS HERE THANK THE LIGHT WE ARE SAVED''

Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    I'm holding judgement for now. If there are actual consequences for the Ebon Blade doing this, I'll be fine with it. But I can't help but be paranoid that blizz intends to just gloss over it and at best give the paladins a handwave later of 'they're letting it slide to focus on the Legion.' I"m not asking for a full on paladin vs dk war, but something ought to come of this.
    Agreed, I also ask for the same things and I share the same concerns as well.

Far be it from me to also point out that Sylvanas has been doing similarly terrible things and given a pass while the DKs get (rightly) condemned for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Far be it from me to also point out that Sylvanas has been doing similarly terrible things and given a pass while the DKs get (rightly) condemned for it.
    Sylvanas doesn't raise ghouls so yea it's different. Undeath is shitty, but atleast forsaken can control themselves. They also don't attack the argents

Inb4 "circlejerk!"
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Graden View Post
    That's really not the point, it doesn't matter if they killed 1 or 50 people. The fact that they attacked, killed, and defied a great number of graves of fallen heroes of a supposed allied group is what matters. This action can't remain unanswered.

Also I never said that I'm not cool with it, I gotta admit it's definitely a very nice development in terms of story, I just wasn't expecting them to go that far. I can't wait to play and experience this myself. I really look forward for more, I don't mind if it's soon or not as long as it's not going to be ignored forever.
    And you're missing my point as well. Overexagerating it us just as bad as underexagerating it. Saying literally dozens died when a small handful were all that fell is just as bad as saying nobody did.

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Sylvanas doesn't raise ghouls so yea it's different. Undeath is shitty, but atleast forsaken can control themselves.

Inb4 "circlejerk!"
    I like how you think you getting triggered and yelling "circlejerk!" because you were butthurt I used it somehow invalidates the fact that the topic is one. It's cute.

Also, yeah. Your reaction is exactly what I expected. I have no desire to discuss this with you. Just pointing out the blatant hypocrisy among people on the two topics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    guy from hatred
    That dude is so edgy that he's like a walking parody of himself.

"I fucking hate humanity and gonna genocide them 'cuz they don't like my stereotypical hair and metal-poser gear!"

- - - Updated - - -

The problem with DKs is their target, not their methods. Their questionable methods are well-known and tacitly accepted/ignored by WotLK.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like how you think you getting triggered and yelling "circlejerk!" because you were butthurt I used it somehow invalidates the fact that the topic is one. It's cute.

Also, yeah. Your reaction is exactly what I expected. I have no desire to discuss this with you. Just pointing out the blatant hypocrisy among people on the two topics.
    The forsaken have never operated like the Ebon blade. The only hypocracy is the imagined offenses in your head.
    Holy shit lol

Sylvanas doesn't raise ghouls so yea it's different. Undeath is shitty, but atleast forsaken can control themselves. They also don't attack the argents

Inb4 "circlejerk!"
    Lets be honest the forsaken do what they see for themselves as beneficial and so does the ebon blade. These two aren't really any different.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Lets be honest the forsaken do what they see for themselves as beneficial and so does the ebon blade. These two aren't really any different.
    My point wasn't that they were different. It was that they were the same.

My point was that the reaction to the two groups doing similar things is that the Ebon Blade get rightly called out for it while Sylvanas gets a pass because its Sylvanas and her fanboys have no logic about her actions.

Anyhow I have no desire to turn this thread back into "Sylvanas fans pretend she shits gold" like the 10 others.

Inb4 "circlejerk!"
    Doesn't she specifically have them raised in a state where they can't control themselves, so that they attack her enemies regardless of prior affiliation? They only regain their minds later.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    I always saw the difference between Forsaken and Ebon Blade much similar as the one between Alliance and Argent Crusade. They share similar methods, is just the first mostly care about survival, the second play at the neutral heroes doing the "good for all" or something like that.

This said, this time the Ebon Blade probably screwed up more than the Forsaken ever did. And unlike the Forsaken, they're not members of any superpower willing to protect them. They're going to be alone against, well, everyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

10+ Year Old Account
    This said, this time the Ebon Blade probably screwed up more than the Forsaken ever did. And unlike the Forsaken, they're not members of any superpower willing to protect them. They're going to be alone against, well, everyone.
    Bolvar seems to have their back for now (kinda), maybe that's the reason why the Ebon Blade doesn't afraid to take extreme actions like the one in Light's Hope. The question is how long this 'alliance' is going to last.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post
    I always find it funny when a Demon Hunter NPC says it's line of "I have given everything, what have you sacrificed?"
    Well.... I was dead at one time...
    If you're Forsaken DK, twice even. Shame it's not the player that becomes the 4th Horseman because that would be triple undeath if you plated that race/class combination.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    I always saw the difference between Forsaken and Ebon Blade much similar as the one between Alliance and Argent Crusade. They share similar methods, is just the first mostly care about survival, the second play at the neutral heroes doing the "good for all" or something like that.

Add another thing - forsaken mostly go against forces they are already hostile with. EB straight out gets a cheap shot on their (in case of AC probably closest) allies.

My point was that the reaction to the two groups doing similar things is that the Ebon Blade get rightly called out for it while Sylvanas gets a pass because its Sylvanas and her fanboys have no logic about her actions.
    You really need to cut short on NaCl intake.
    Last edited by Arrashi; 2016-06-23 at 11:42 PM.

So they actually kill a lot of Argent Crusaders/Silver Hand members on their way to Tirion's body. Very interesting indeed.
    It's going to be stupid as fuck if there are no diplomatic consequences (at the very least) in the future.
    Well, not from the Horde I suppose. I doubt Sylvanas gives a shit about Nazgrim. And while they also stole her boy toy and killed some ghouls, abominations and one plague eruptor she didn't seem to care that Galen betrayed her and claimed an entire kingdom she desired, so yeah, still not seeing it. And Stromgarde isn't technically in the Alliance right now, so they can gloss it over too. The Paladins have the best reason to go against them, but I fear they'll go lawful stupid on the Ebon Blade.
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Really? Thassarian brought his comrade back from the dead to serve him as a skeleton, just because he could, without ever consulting him and ghouls are not soulless, the ebon blade aren't good people never were and never will be.
    Show us where the bad DK touched you.

As I said at the end of the video, there needs to be some kind of reckoning for the Ebon Blade. The Alliance, Horde, and Paladins all have reasons now to be really pissed off at them. After we temporarily stop the Legion, if this was good storytelling and/or realistic, they'd all go "Well shit we have to do something about them."
    Well, good, sometimes. But Blizzard vs realistic and logical storytelling is either/or type of deal.

It remains to be seen if Blizzard does this, but honestly I think a Class vs Class vs Class vs Class (ect) storyline could be really interesting. That would be an example of "filler" that I would actually like, since its different from just "Oh hey this random enemy we didn't know about is here [Iron Horde]" and more "Ok well now that we dealt with X, we really need to deal with these Death Knights."
    With how Garrison was pivotal in WoD it's highly likely that future patches will expand on the Class storylines. Though I'd like some faction and other stories mixed in too, particularity the follow up to Forsaken vs Worgen. Anyway, yeah, Class Orders banding together makes sense. Druids and Shamans already worked together in Hyjal in the past. There's also some place for rivalry. Like Warlocks stealing some magical artifacts from Dalaran to bind some even greater demons in their never-ending lust for power. They could distract them with some demons, or even go full troll on them and open a link to Legion's portal world. Rogues stealing or infiltrating someone. Potential for either partnership or rivalry between Warlocks and Demon Hunters. In general, the idea that one class is not enough sounds plausible, so they could group up in factions that clash over resources or how they go around things.

A dozen of innocent people that got killed just because. Arrashi is right, this is declaration of war. There is no excuse for what they did.
    And yes, the player character is a member of the Ebon Blades who followed Darion's orders.
    Isn't the player above Darion even before Darion get's resurrected again as a Horseman? He was reluctant to go after Tirion after all (which was kinda cool, same with Liadrin offering the player to leave or with the first Paladin guard's reaction; also Amal'thazad's text on turning in his quest) and said he'll follow the player. Though in the end the big boss is the Lich King.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2016-06-24 at 12:42 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Isn't the player above Darion even before Darion get's resurrected again as a Horseman? He was reluctant to go after Tirion after all (which was kinda cool, same with Liadrin offering the player to leave or with the first Paladin guard's reaction; also Amal'thazad's text on turning in his quest) and said he'll follow the player. Though in the end the big boss is the Lich King.
    Yes, I was wrong on that, the player is above Darion, which makes it a lot more interesting.