Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Order Hall Missions: Actual screenshots and experience

I wanted to share my experience so far with the Order Hall mission system with screenies:

This is one of the first missions I saw. I had just gotten two follwoersd... They start at "white" quality and progress to green to blue (and I suppose to epic) as you level them.

Troops are "expendable" followers. You place work orders for them. They currently take 30 mins to complete for each one. They have two hearts... and a heart is exhausted after each time they are used... so you can use them twice normally. After which they are destroyed and you must work order more and pay more resources. Sometimes (most times) 2 followers can counter all abilities... and the troop is added to increase success chance.

- - - Updated - - -

The mobs can be bosses or minions... and they not only have an ability.. but an "effect". If you do NOT counter that mob's ability it's effect will occur... even if the mission is successful.

In this one here... if the Blizzard isn't countered. Whatever troops you assigned to the mission will die regardless of how many hearts they have left.

- - - Updated - - -

In this one... if you dont counter the Blizzard, the mission costs a LOT more... Like 1000 resources instead of 100. Make sure to check these cause you can easily get in a hurry and fuck up and lose a lot of resources.

- - - Updated - - -

This looks familiar:

- - - Updated - - -

So does this... mostly. Notice the bonus chance. You can go over 100%... I've gotten up to 170% but I'm sure you can go higher. anythig ovber 100% becomes a second roll for the bonus item.. I.E. here there is a 14% to win the bonus item.

- - - Updated - - -

As you level your follwoers/order hall.. you get the opportunity to work order Tirisgarde Troops.. which offer 30% bonus chance (Water elementals offer 15%)

1) You try and get the highest % success chance while still countering everything
    2) The Bonus roll and item is listed here
    3) I have 110% with just two followers... so when I add a troop.. iot will be a full add to the binus roll

- - - Updated - - -

CAREFUL!!!!!! Do not go to town leveling and gearing your followers till you have most/all of them.. I have 7 total but YIKES... I can onlyu have 5 active. This seems limiting.

ok, but is it integrated as heavily as garrisons were in WoD? are these order missions completely skippable? Optional? Of no consequence or importance? I don't mind them being in the game, but I don't want garrisons 2.0 where they are integral to almost everything...
    Last edited by twh; 2016-06-23 at 11:14 PM.

Oh boy, can't wait to click on these every day.

Here shows how when you counter the ability, the effect gets crossed out too. It also shows the two rewards you can win. This is in the very beginning so the numbers are low.

- - - Updated - - -

Some of the bonus items are 1000xp tokens you can apply to a follower.

Quote Originally Posted by twh View Post
    ok, but is it integrated as heavily as garrisons were in WoD? are these ordeal missions completely skippable? Optional? Of no consequence or importance? I don't mind them being in the game, but I don't want garrisons 2.0 where they are integral to almost everything...
    Missions award artifact power, so if you want to be fully efficient and try and max your artifact weapon as soon as possible, which will be necessary for progression in raids and Mythic+ dungeons, then yes it will be mandatory.

Quote Originally Posted by Spryte View Post
    Missions award artifact power, so if you want to be fully efficient and try and max your artifact weapon as soon as possible, which will be necessary for progression in raids and Mythic+ dungeons, then yes it will be mandatory.
    Several are also required to progress the class campaign.

All followers need to level up. WHen they do they add their second ability counter. (just like garrison followers) Some followers though have a special ability like Archmage Vargoth adds an EXTRA 15% chance of success when there are Tirisgarde troops added.

Some followers are Combat Allies... meaning they give you some benefit out in the open world. A couple are bodyguards... some offer abilities. I'm not sure what his does, but Kalec's is a dragon that is summoned and does a strafing run with breath for a bunch of damage.

Each class has different followers... but it seems mages dont ghet a tanking bodyguard??? I get Millhouse and another mage that are bodyguards...

ok, but is it integrated as heavily as garrisons were in WoD? are these order missions completely skippable? Optional? Of no consequence or importance? I don't mind them being in the game, but I don't want garrisons 2.0 where they are integral to almost everything...
    Youll need to do like 6 to complete your Class Questline. Aside from that everything is "skippable". There are still desirable rewards like Artifact Power though. But its not a particularly high amount, that mission may take 12hrs to complete and give you 400AP... while a world quest that gives you a similar amount or more can be completed in 5 minutes. Unlike live you also only have 5 champions and it usually takes 2 to counter a mission, so youre only doing 1-2 missions at a time vs 15+ on live.

From white to Green is 8,000 exp
    From Green to Blue is 20,000
    From Blue to Epic is 100,000 exp

Currently the highest EXP I am seeing is 1500 for a mission.

At BBlue, it unlock the equipment slot (like ships) It looks like at epic we get a second one. You sometimes get pieces to drop in like "Reduce mission time by 20%" or "Reduces mission cost my 20%" The one I have here is a flat 10% extra mission success chance.

Last edited by Maudib; 2016-06-24 at 12:01 AM.

Deleted
    Somehow this seems really unintuitional. Not really waiting for this (again). Though of course there will be addons for it.

Btw, are you supposed to fail every now and then like in shipyard currently? I've not lost ships since i get them to epic because i do only 90+% chance missions and find it really stupid that you are meant to lose ships and simply build new ones...

Quote Originally Posted by nazrakin View Post
    Youll need to do like 6 to complete your Class Questline. Aside from that everything is "skippable". There are still desirable rewards like Artifact Power though. But its not a particularly high amount, that mission may take 12hrs to complete and give you 400AP... while a world quest that gives you a similar amount or more can be completed in 5 minutes. Unlike live you also only have 5 champions and it usually takes 2 to counter a mission, so youre only doing 1-2 missions at a time vs 15+ on live.

I think it's actually 2 (maybe 3) sets of 5 missions. You can onlyu fdo one at a time.. and some take a while. a TRICK... is after you finish one.. close the panel and reopen in a few minutes.. the nexty one will show up.

If you send out your followers on other missions first.. then you'll have to wait before you can come back and send them. The artifact power does get higher as the iLevel gearing of the followers needed increases. With my 200% increase.. Mines are 500AP-700AP at iLevel 785... Liek one I have now is 660.. and the bonus toke for that mission is 300.

What people are going to get tired of is not getting bonuses with a 60-70% chance.... How many do we see no that fail with 75%+?

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletroll View Post
    Somehow this seems really unintuitional. Not really waiting for this (again). Though of course there will be addons for it.

Btw, are you supposed to fail every now and then like in shipyard currently? I've not lost ships since i get them to epic because i do only 90+% chance missions and find it really stupid that you are meant to lose ships and simply build new ones...
    I've never had any of mine fail. You get so few followers, though, and they are such noteworthy characters - I'm sure there's no way Blizz would let one die off to a failed mission. I have Lady Liadrin as a follower, for instance.

We won't know til "endgame" mission start coming up... But for now I don;t even send out missions that aren't at LEAST 100%... but you will fail to win a LOT of the bonus items. I'm pretty sure you cannot "lose" a follower liek you would a ship. But the troops are intentionally consumables.

The gearing tokens sometimes pop up as a mission. They are currently +10 and +5 tokens. In the order hall research you can choose to either have a max of 3 created type of troop (instead of the two default).... or have a place you can submit work orders for gear/equipment tokens... (think dwarven bunker work orders)

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    I think it's actually 2 (maybe 3) sets of 5 missions. You can onlyu fdo one at a time.. and some take a while. a TRICK... is after you finish one.. close the panel and reopen in a few minutes.. the nexty one will show up.

If you send out your followers on other missions first.. then you'll have to wait before you can come back and send them. The artifact power does get higher as the iLevel gearing of the followers needed increases. With my 200% increase.. Mines are 500AP-700AP at iLevel 785... Liek one I have now is 660.. and the bonus toke for that mission is 300.

What people are going to get tired of is not getting bonuses with a 60-70% chance.... How many do we see no that fail with 75%+?
    Youre probably right, I do think Im forgetting some shorter ones. My guess is that 1 in 4 fail :P

Yes and No. The gold ones are OK but not worth sending 5 of our 8 followers. The AP ones I guess if you want to max out your Artifact "faster" are a must since they scale with the Artifact knowledge. Also your class order hall campaign goes through here as well which is needed to unlock your 3rd relic slot and skins. A lot of which sends you AND your followers out on quests for world content. More interactive and hands on instead of just drag drop and send and afk.
    http://twitch.tv/towelliee TowelRapaport #WoWsheet

Champions = followers and troops = ships.

Quote Originally Posted by Daralii View Post
    Champions = followers and troops = ships.
    Not exactly... A Champion is a follower AND a ship, with two counters, two equipment slots, a leveling bar and a gearscore.

A troop is an expendable lottery ticket and nothing more than a "success chance increaser"

so due to it being one of the primary sources of artifact power, this is just as mandatory as garrisons. Wonderful /s

Quote Originally Posted by rasako View Post
    so due to it being one of the primary sources of artifact power, this is just as mandatory as garrisons. Wonderful /s
    uhh who said that....? the highest scource of artifact powers is world quests, i did 4 today, one gave 1000, another gave 800, and 2 gave 500

Quote Originally Posted by Spryte View Post
    This.

There is no way avoiding Garrisons 3.0.