Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    What I'm wondering is, are they going to try to make money off these content patches? What happens if I don't buy, am I just gimped, or left behind on an old version of the game?

If they're not making money from them, why bother?
    They already said all new characters and maps are free, you just have to buy the game. They also sell optional loot boxes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    So random pictures in game confirm the next hero? lol what are you smoking? Those aren't sources, they are theories.
    Did you even check the pictures? It LITERALLY shows Blizzard working on the EXACT same hero. It's not a fucking theory when Blizzard themselves put her in the goddamn released material. Fuck, they even told people that they were excited to see how many things people could find about her.

- - - Updated - - -

Then why are they bothering adding them? I'm mostly just curious, I'm not used to seeing these games that require ongoing support for servers but only require you to pay once. Is the idea that they can make enough money from skins, new players, etc. that they cover their costs once they've stopped making the money they got from first time buyers?
    Because more maps/heroes/game modes keeps the game from getting stale, that's how it work. They sold 10 million copies of the game + there's income from the loot boxes themselves, they're gonna be just fine.
    Last edited by mmocae1868ef01; 2016-06-24 at 12:31 AM.

I think the game needs a succubus walking around with a whip.

Deleted
    Why bother adding new chars/maps/game modes? They've already gotten every penny they're going to get from a lot of people.
    It keeps the game active
    It floods people into other games of Blizzard, just like when they do crossgame promotions
    It's a new IP, why wouldn't they expand on it?
    They still get income from Lootboxes, a fair bit probaly.
    Why not?

Then why are they bothering adding them? I'm mostly just curious, I'm not used to seeing these games that require ongoing support for servers but only require you to pay once. Is the idea that they can make enough money from skins, new players, etc. that they cover their costs once they've stopped making the money they got from first time buyers?
    Your question makes no sense. Why would they not release new content for their game? They obviously want people to buy/play their game. They can't just release a game and then never touch it again. If you're asking how blizzard makes money, then it's through the base game and loot boxes. Adding new skins will also increase sales in lootboxes.

Look at it this way, even if heroes and maps are free, they still indirectly make money from it. Interest will increase, more people will buy the game and the playerbase will remain active. If they release no new content whatsoever, there will be less interest in buying the game and the playerbase will slowly die. If there's no one playing the game, then there's literally no reason to buy the game because no one's playing. Worst case scenario, the game dies and then blizzard shuts down the servers.

10+ Year Old Account
    A lot of us (myself included, if that's not clear enough) bought into Overwatch precisely BECAUSE they stated that it was going to include all heroes/maps. It wouldn't have been worth that $40 price tag at the outset without that promise; if they were going to nickel-and-dime with additional heroes and maps, I would've expected a price point of $20, expecting to make more off that content.

Plus, it would fracture the game community for no good reason. Bought a map? You're only going to get queued with people who've got it. Queueing with friends, and you each bought different maps? All those maps that aren't shared by everyone are excluded. Didn't buy new heroes? You're more limited in response options than players who did, introducing a pay-to-win factor. These all hurt the state of the game, which is why Blizzard wanted to avoid it.

I've already bought some lootboxes, and I'm currently saving gold now for those eventual releases, to buy new skins on release (or maybe a skin for an existing character if I decide I REALLY want it; I've lucked into most of the ones I did).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    Did you even check the pictures? It LITERALLY shows Blizzard working on the EXACT same hero. It's not a fucking theory when Blizzard themselves put her in the goddamn released material. Fuck, they even told people that they were excited to see how many things people could find about her.

- - - Updated - - -

Because more maps/heroes/game modes keeps the game from getting stale, that's how it work. They sold 10 million copies of the game + there's income from the loot boxes themselves, they're gonna be just fine.
    How about citing an fucking ACTUAL source before spouting bullshit next time?

we need ieM, Mei evil cousin

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    we need ieM, Mei evil cousin
    Mei is the spawn of Satan.

Deleted
    How about citing an fucking ACTUAL source before spouting bullshit next time?
    Citing sources? Like you always do?
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/05/...aled-on-monday
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/c...sombra_so_far/

I gave you plenty of links to follow beforehand, but as always, reading and thinking for yourself seems pretty hard.

as long as its not a tub of walking fat like the pink hair dyke in the game, it should be okay

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    Mei is the spawn of Satan.
    There is nothing more satisfying than seeing the enemy rush coming down a hall on a capture map, as Mei, and going "NOOOOOOPE" and icewalling the hall.

15+ Year Old Account
    No, it shows them working on an early version of Widowmaker.

There is no evidence of Sombra being a sniper nor of her being Pharahs mom.
    Last edited by xerus; 2016-06-24 at 02:26 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xerus View Post
    No, it shows them working on an early version of Widowmaker.

There is no evidence of Sombra being a sniper nor of her being Pharahs mom.
    Yeah man, it just happens to have the same exact recticle as shown on Sombra pictures everywhere. Let's be real here.

10+ Year Old Account
    What do you think will be the next overwatch hero to be released?

Like what type of class do you think it will be? DPS, Defense, Tank, Healing? Im just curious as to what mechanics he/she will have.
    You left out what stereotype it'll fill too. What hasn't been done yet? Haitian? Spanish Flamenco Dancer?

10+ Year Old Account
    Citing sources? Like you always do?
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/05/...aled-on-monday
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/c...sombra_so_far/

I gave you plenty of links to follow beforehand, but as always, reading and thinking for yourself seems pretty hard.
    Yawn...

More theories, no hard sources like um let me think.. a blizz quote about Sombra being the NEXT hero? Yep i see none of that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    There is nothing more satisfying than seeing the enemy rush coming down a hall on a capture map, as Mei, and going "NOOOOOOPE" and icewalling the hall.
    Just as Reinhardt is about to Hammer Down anyway, thus protecting them. No Mei, you're not helping.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Just as Reinhardt is about to Hammer Down anyway, thus protecting them. No Mei, you're not helping.
    Then "e"' is pressed again?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

It doesn't HAVE to be Sombra. People are quick to jump at assumptions. There's also tons of Doomfist references, and just because Blizzard said he won't be introduced, doesn't mean he can't be. Just because there are in-game references to Sombra and there was a shot of a Blizzard employee working on her, doesn't mean she's first in line, another hero might already be mostly ready and Sombra was still under development.

I mean, it probably is Sombra, but she might be a red herring for another hero. You can't say with certainty that it's her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Deleted
    So why exactly would they add only one hero?