Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Alt friendly expansion indeed

Quote Originally Posted by Agrias2x View Post
    Not impressed with this Q&A and Professions in Legion, nobody will care about them after month or two probably. Way too much focus on one stupid material Blood of Sargeras, don't like it. Vanilla had way more fun stuff to gather. Like different dragon scales, dark iron ore, ingots, crafting materials from raids, Righteous Orbs and many more. Legion professions look lazy and boring, their idea is to have 1 major crafting material for all professions... pretty much Savage Blood again.
    Yeah, you're definitely right -- this is a bit concerning. If the craftables only go up for normal mode raid gear, mythic dungeons will probably crush them. Craftables were appealing in HFC because they went up to heroic ilvl with the perfect secondaries, arguably better on some slots until mid-hfc mythic

Quote Originally Posted by Alayea View Post
    I'm beginning to think the game devs are feeling spiteful where Blood of Sargeras is concerned.
    It seems like they're embarrassed. There was an issue with bloods, they couldn't figure out how to fix it. The community said just make it account bound, problem solved. Now they're embarrassed for not thinking of it themselves so in order to save face they're going through a bunch of mental gymnastics trying to come up with reasons why that wouldn't work. Just swallow your pride and fix the fucking issue.

Crafted gear is absolute shit anyway. How long it'll take to get to it's highest level, just to be completely replaced by day 14. The Only things worth making using BoS are the BS, Leatherworking mounts, or some toys. You'll literally need maybe 100 throughout the entire expac. It is seriously a non issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    Yeah, you're definitely right -- this is a bit concerning. If the craftables only go up for normal mode raid gear, mythic dungeons will probably crush them. Craftables were appealing in HFC because they went up to heroic ilvl with the perfect secondaries, arguably better on some slots until mid-hfc mythic
    Not to mention the various "-forged" affixes that can bring 5-man heroic loot on par with those crafts even if fully upgraded -_-
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Ugh. I think I need Chemo after reading the cancerous comments that are being left by left by such leprous retards.

"No bigger bags are being added in this expansion." other then the 250,000g one. ANd they missed that you have to KILL the boss to make Vantus Runes so if your scrib is a low level alt ...well too bad.

Where is the replacement spell for the "Glyph of the Cheetah"? I cant see the npc selling it in the class hall

So he just flat out said crafted gear wont go up past 850 at launch, i really hope they can be upgraded in patches. Just because i raid mythic means crafted gear will mean nothing to me and by the time they add upgrades ill already have better.

I hope we can vendor the bloods because by the time we can make something with them, the gear will not be worth making. At least let us get some silver out of the bloods.

Quote Originally Posted by furydeath View Post
    "No bigger bags are being added in this expansion." other then the 250,000g one. ANd they missed that you have to KILL the boss to make Vantus Runes so if your scrib is a low level alt ...well too bad.
    Wait what?

Wow, so much for multiple endgames. Might as well say, we did all of this but you might as well just save your time and go into a few instances/raids and get real gear. Or out in the world and get lucky. Professions--a huge grind with no gain.

I tend to pvp, but if I want to be able to get some(not all) basic plans from a profession, I need to do dungeons now? I know they're easier than raids, but I feel like I would be a detriment more than anything in a group (last time I did instances was back in vanilla).

It also seems Blizzard doesn't want as people using their alts as utility characters, which is a shame for me considering that's what I have:/ With this set up, I guess I'll have to learn how to play these characters in a dungeon environment so I can learn all their basic profession plans.

Unless someone else knows.....nothing here about cooking. Is there anything special going to happen with cooking? A Frying Pan Artifact would be cool.

So which one Ian Hassomehockeysticks?

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    There are players that are double crafting professions wishing they had a gathering profession now and to some extent that is how it should be.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    so gatherers got more of it than anyone else. It isn't supposed to be that way.

Did I miss something? They said they do not want us to be able to buy crafted gear to bypass gearing up. So they will not make the bloods BOA/BOE – but we will use them to craft gear which is BOE. Now if I craft a BOE item and sell it on the AH, another person can buy it and crush it to make the item upgrade and upgrade their gear.

Doesn’t that defeat the whole purpose?

Couldn’t I buy a leather item with the stats that are best for my class. Then buy all the cheapest pieces on the AH, take them and crush them up and craft a bunch of upgrades and upgrade my bought gear? So all I have to do is have gold and the ability to make the upgrades…

Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    This whole expansion feels like it's shaping up to be a LOT of polish on a VERY big turd. Lazy is the only word that I feel really describes their approach to Professions, Class Design and Storytelling. I mean, they say time and again that they can't please everyone... so it sounds like they're done with trying to please anyone but their corporate figureheads.

a roleplaying game has to have complexity to the umpteenth degree because people playing the game have to have something new to do every time they log on. With an MMO RPG they already have it easy with player-to-player interaction, so they should just focus on giving us the tools to make the game fun for ourselves. Instead they seem to make everything SOOOO linear and SOOOOOOOOOOO simplified that there's no individuality, no real sense of achievement beyond "yay, the boss is dead, I MIGHT get something I can use." What's wrong with you Blizz?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sarsoman View Post
    OMG YAY

/10chars
    I'm not familiar with code sarcasm, does /10chars mean sarcasm? Because them taking more stuff away from us is really kind of awful.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Peekabooboo View Post
    Professions--a huge grind with no gain.
    That's how it's always been for anyone who isn't an Engineer, Enchanter or Jewelcrafter. Welcome to WoW.

a roleplaying game has to have complexity to the umpteenth degree because people playing the game have to have something new to do every time they log on. With an MMO RPG they already have it easy with player-to-player interaction, so they should just focus on giving us the tools to make the game fun for ourselves. Instead they seem to make everything SOOOO linear and SOOOOOOOOOOO simplified that there's no individuality, no real sense of achievement beyond "yay, the boss is dead, I MIGHT get something I can use." What's wrong with you Blizz?
    Activision bought them, they shipped the old leads off to other projects, started a pseudo-egalitarian design philosophy, swapped from players making their own stories to ramming fan-fiction tier writing onto us, and started incentivizing the behaviors they want from us rather than letting us decide what to do. Really, your comments on Legion are nothing new, sadly.

All this created a shitstorm of problems, but the one that specifically affects crafting is that the "each patch makes all previous content obsolete" approach means there's little point to crafting anything aside from gems, flasks, pots, and item enhancements (enchants, scopes, etc). WoD tried a bandaid with the stage 1-6 gear, but when you have Timeless Jungle balefuls and the lower difficulties of $CurrentRaid giving better gear, it's not enough.

If they really were serious about fixing things, they'd return to the model where you have to complete Tier N to survive Tier N +1. In that scenario, crafted items were valuable as they provided boosts to help progression.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Quote Originally Posted by Anchorite Jovinaal View Post
    I'm not familiar with code sarcasm, does /10chars mean sarcasm? Because them taking more stuff away from us is really kind of awful.
    Nah, minimum character limit on comments is 10. So if you write something shorter than 10 characters, you add /10char(aracters).

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Load of rubbish about BoS.
    They can be BoA and still earned by playing, which they say themselves.
    They have "concerns" but are refusing to do the one thing which resolves them.
    It will prevent a garrison style forced-alt fapfest where people grind their brains out for BoS. They did explain their concerns especially if you watch the stream. BoS is one of the first things they talk about they answer like 4 questions about them in depth where even the twitch chat thought it was reasonable. You know how hard it is to make twitch chat stop spamming memes and say 'oh thats a good idea."?

(I dunno if someone already responded to this post of yours, mostly writing this just in case since i havnt read the other comments).
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    You need sunlight. You need movement. You need fresh air. You need green nature. It is just as important as eating healthy, sleeping properly and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Have faith in us. Americans are fighters.