Page 58 of 67 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    You could've spent the next century in Iraq, pumping more and more dollars and soldiers' lives into it, and it still would've collapsed the moment you left. That's what happens when you expect a puppet government to stand on its own.
    You could have done that, but could you realistically have done that? The costs are immense and not just in money but declining public support.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Do you know how many states have a higher minimum than the federal minimum?
    Many. I guess you think they've all been lacking in merit, even the one that was like $10/hr implemented over 5 years.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    Many. I guess you think they've all been lacking in merit, even the one that was like $10/hr implemented over 5 years.
    No, I think they are a solution to Washington gridlock.

Well, now we are playing chicken and egg. You say the low growth is harming the poor, and I agree. But I don't see it that the low growth is caused by the poor. Regulation is CERTAINLY not the core problem of the poor growth; I'm sorry if I made it sound that way. It's just another straw piled upon the camel. The biggest problem currently is the whole Obamacare fiasco. Like it or not, it's a big additional cost to the employer. Any chance at growth for many businesses was eaten up by that, and then we will sort of have to adjust over time to account for it, likely via price increases/inflation.
    Sustained business growth requires increasing revenues to grow. You could get rid of Obamacare, but for the reasons I laid out, that would only have a minimal effect on revenues. Negative, perhaps, as potential customers would be spending more out of pocket on healthcare instead of at other businesses.

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    this serious has to be explained to you?

The corruption lies on the side who has the ABILITY to make desired change with a bribe. the government has the ability to change regulations or enact laws that benefit the entity doing the bribing.

It certainly doesn't make the business ethical, but the gov't official would be the one taking the brunt of the penalty.
    lol. Ok, I get it now. Conservatives believe drug dealers are ok, drug users are the only drug criminals. People who buy stolen goods...BAD, people who sell stolen goods, OK.

What kind of people are going to run for office if its all about bribes, greasing wheels, contributions, etc.?
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Again, no.

Repeating your lie isn't going to lend it strength.

Particularly since you conveniently forget that, in a representative democracy, the government is on both sides of the table. Which makes your comparison ridiculous.
    It's not ridiculous, I don't want it at either side of the table.

15+ Year Old Account
    No, I think they are a solution to Washington gridlock.
    I get that conservatives have been blocking legislation as if to create some kind of self-fulfilling prophecy that only states should pass laws. I also know that many states have woeful records when it comes to handling people's well being.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Republicans have this new found fetish in stopping pretty much any bill regardless of merit.
    Which bill do you figure they should have voted in favor of if they were in keeping with their stated principles?

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    lol, leave it to you to think businesses corrupt the government .....when the government regulates them...only a conservative could come up that grade a bullshit.
    You are the one who said businesses corrupted the government, I was merely agreeing with you.

"Wait a minute.....who the hell do you think corrupts the government, if not businesses and the wealthy?"

Does that sound familiar?

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    You are the one who said businesses corrupted the government, I was merely agreeing with you.

"Wait a minute.....who the hell do you think corrupts the government, if not businesses and the wealthy?"

Does that sound familiar?
    hahaha. your argument has been that the government needs to stop regulating business. Why are you confused about this?
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    That's not what I said though. In real dollars it's declined since the 60s.
    It has declined since its highest in 1968, but it is still above the historical average. That large increase in 1968 was the outlier. And there's certainly no justification to place it at $15 an hour, since that is far higher than it has ever been, when taking inflation into account.

- - - Updated - - -

hahaha. your argument has been that the government needs to stop regulating business. Why are you confused about this?
    You seemed bewildered that I believed that business can corrupt government, even though that is clearly what you also believe... because you are the one who asked the question in the manner it was asked. Government is corruptible, so people can easily influence it. That means the wealthy, businesses, and even large blocs of ignorant voters.

Government should stop restricting any action which does not create an actual victim. That has been my stance all along.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's not ridiculous, I don't want it at either side of the table.
    That will never happen. In the absence of government helping the employee protect themselves from predatory employment practices, the government goes into the hands of business to help them take advantage of people.

lol. Ok, I get it now. Conservatives believe drug dealers are ok, drug users are the only drug criminals. People who buy stolen goods...BAD, people who sell stolen goods, OK.

What kind of people are going to run for office if its all about bribes, greasing wheels, contributions, etc.?
    false equivalency, strawmans...man who has time for all these fallacies?

15+ Year Old Account
    It has declined since its highest in 1968, but it is still above the historical average. That large increase in 1968 was the outlier. And there's certainly no justification to place it at $15 an hour, since that is far higher than it has ever been, when taking inflation into account.

- - - Updated - - -

You seemed bewildered that I believed that business can corrupt government, even though that is clearly what you also believe... because you are the one who asked the question in the manner it was asked. Government is corruptible, so people can easily influence it. That means the wealthy, businesses, and even large blocs of ignorant voters.

Government should stop restricting any action which does not create an actual victim. That has been my stance all along.
    There's been no victim of minimum wage. If there was we'd be seeing a lot more court cases against it.

There's been no victim of minimum wage. If there was we'd be seeing a lot more court cases against it.
    Then there's no need to regulate it, which means there's no need for it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Then there's no need to regulate it, which means there's no need for it.
    You seem to have misunderstood, there's no victim of there being a minimum wage, and the minimum wage has been instrumental in creating the middle class across every country that has implemented it.

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    false equivalency, strawmans...man who has time for all these fallacies?
    its exactly the same fucking thing.

You seem to have misunderstood, there's no victim of there being a minimum wage, and the minimum wage has been instrumental in creating the middle class across every country that has implemented it.
    is there a victim for not having a minimum wage? To say that there is, means that you are implying forced financial difficulty, which is exactly what implementing a minimum wage does.

15+ Year Old Account
    is there a victim for not having a minimum wage? To say that there is, means that you are implying forced financial difficulty, which is exactly what implementing a minimum wage does.
    It's been instrumental in creating and maintaining the middle class. I'm not sure why you have some obsession with racing third world countries to the bottom for who can be the shittiest place to live.

- - - Updated - - -

Plenty of businesses have succeeded with the minimum wage. Those that didn't just made bad decisions. Don't blame the minimum wage for businesses making bad decisions.

It's been instrumental in creating and maintaining the middle class. I'm not sure why you have some obsession with racing third world countries to the bottom for who can be the shittiest place to live.
    He said he's all for labor unions. Presumably because wages are agreed on by negotiation instead of force. Now he just has to convince other libertarians of that.