Quote Originally Posted by Iseeyou View Post
    How come polls were so wrong?

I guess it was EU polls...lul
    When people get polled, they are more likely to lie. Even more if your side of the votes gets hates about being racist and such. When my part tried independance, the leave part last time lost with 49%. The polls were saying leaving would lose with 30%. Because leaving was shamed as being hateful, fear mongered into possibility of hostility and economic shame. Its the same rethoric used in every single referedum for independance. The world is ending for the people that want to stay, hence they shame people and it skew polls where you speak to another human. Once you are alone with a piece of paper or a computer screen, your conviction comes back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knaar View Post
    So, a weak pound, wouldn't that bring in more tourist since everything would be cheaper?

The pound to usd is currently at the lowest (and free falling) it even been. Tomorow is going to be a mess!
    It's a balancing act. You don't want it too strong or too weak.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    We had them in the 1970s, they directly led to Thatcher getting elected.
    Yep, and the fuckery that resulted was such a golden period in British history.

If only the UK could float their islands over to North America then they could really get on their knees and pucker their lips for the US' giant cock

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    'Democracy' and 'civil human being' aren't automatically synonymous.
    Stop lying to people.

Quote Originally Posted by Iseeyou View Post
    How come polls were so wrong?
    They weren't wrong - polls stated that the race was even within the margins of error of their polls.

Guess what - the vote is close (51/49).

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    The medievalizing world, the reprimitivizing world, that world? The light at the end of the Utopian Euro-tunnel the EU thinks it sees is a train, the Eurabian Express.
    The Clash of Civilizations is not actually a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    Saying the UK is in trouble, leave or stay, is pretty lunatic like the people claiming WW3 is between China and USA soon. Hurting the UK even outside the EU, hurts the EU region the most. No country will hurt their own economy to spit someone for popular vote. Markets will settle. France and Germany wont sever all ties, because Romania hasent voted for those ties yet. Its the same rethoric used when other territory referedum in recent times to become independant. Which is all fear mongering rethoric.
    Yes so much this. Some people over here think that leaving EU will make EU hostile or an enemy ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

Quote Originally Posted by Knaar View Post
    So, a weak pound, wouldn't that bring in more tourist since everything would be cheaper?

The pound to usd is currently at the lowest (and free falling) it even been. Tomorow is going to be a mess!
    Theoretically, yes, but see... summer vacations are booked already. And nobody wants to see England in winter. And even then, if you want to see England, you would regardless of the money. I don't expect a big rise in tourism based on a pounding on the pound. :P
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Synadrasa View Post
    If only the UK could float their islands over to North America then they could really get on their knees and pucker their lips for the US' giant cock
    I'd much rather be a US state than in the EU.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thedead241 View Post
    So someone ELI5 how the sterling getting weaker will affect me as a university student with a student loan.
    Well, rejoice you will swim in even more debt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep, and the fuckery that resulted was such a golden period in British history.
    The 1970s were infinitely worse for the nation as a whole.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synadrasa View Post
    Pssh. We wouldn't just let the Brits become part of America. They'd have to do a trial run as a territory first.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tommypilgrim View Post
    I'd much rather be a US state than in the EU.
    So you're admitting the problem with the EU is that it isn't integrated -enough-, yes?

wanna hear a good joke ?

British pound, uk economy !

Deleted
    The 1970s were infinitely worse for the nation as a whole.
    I thought power cuts were boss! I thought huddling round a candle meant we were camping

10+ Year Old Account
    So you're admitting the problem with the EU is that it isn't integrated -enough-, yes?
    They didn't go all the way and just make a central government overseeing member governments like it is in the US, yes.

Deleted
    Nah it's full of Europeans.

I'm not sure why people would flee to a recession stricken backwater.
    Ask some women who spent New Year's in Cologne, or went uncovered through the wrong banlieue in the past few years. Britain managed to be the driving force of the civilized world for the better part of a millennium, pretty sure they can manage even a decade or so of shaking the dust of the EU off their boots.

7+ Year Old Account
    What, in your opinion, is wrong with Boris Johnson?
    Seems to be unserious , a buffoon, an opportunist. But thats with very little reading of British politics and I am sure somewhat off.
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers