10+ Year Old Account
    Well, if this keeps up. Goodbye EU, and goodbye Scotland.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Clearly they don't if they didn't anticipate their currency crashing.
    At least it's crashing in a sovereign and independant manner... oh no, it's not. *looks at Euro*

If the Euro goes much below the Dollar, I'm going to start campaigning for Germany to leave the EU as well. We might as well reintroduce the DM and rip everyone off the old fashioned way. This is too much bother, really.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Fellow Americans!

It is now cheaper to visit the UK!

LETS PARTY!!!!!!!!!!!1
    Japan
    UK
    Germany on my list of nations I want to visit some day.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Any win for remain and we are out.

The Government would still need to get it through Westminster, but I doubt anyone other than the SNP would vote against the will of the people.
    A 51/49 split is not a strong enough mandate for as radical change as this represents. Apparently what you're saying is the reality but it's bloody moronic to even be considering that a 1 vote win should be enough to trigger a Brexit.

Well, I'm surely not one of the people that worships at the altar of the democracy ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

stupid people doing stupid things because of reasons?
    color me surprised!
    i say it again, there has to be a IQ test for this type of polls
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

10+ Year Old Account
    Any good links to maps of whose voting what similar to the US nominee results? All I can find is sums for the entire vote, has Leave up 700k though
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Panquake View Post
    Well, if this keeps up. Goodbye EU, and goodbye Scotland.
    "Stronger Together!"

A 51/49 split is not a strong enough mandate for as radical change as this represents. Apparently what you're saying is the reality but it's bloody moronic to even be considering that a 1 vote win should be enough to trigger a Brexit.
    Then what should they do? The UK already gets a whole lot of concessions and benefits from the EU, that others don't get. If this institution wants to even have a hint of a backbone, they must deny the UK any more requests for additional benefits.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, voting to leave means that less than half of the nation doesn't want to be in the EU.
    How would it be less than half?

Fellow Americans!

LETS PARTY!!!!!!!!!!!1
    I'm definitely going to book a trip if the the pound keeps dropping.

Deleted
    No, voting to leave means that less than half of the nation doesn't want to be in the EU.
    And yet thats how democracy works.

If Leave wins then Leave wins, i've voted Remain but i'll support the decision of the people.

I'll immediately start trying to get out of the country ofcourse, but i'll still support it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Well, I'm surely not one of the people that worships at the altar of the democracy ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    I'm aware, your attitude is more along the lines of 'let's keep it in the attic with the other knickknacks'.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    So, what would you say is the necessary mandate? Super majority? 72.1%? Whatever number clears the bar of "end result is what I wanted in the first place"?

Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    Any good links to maps of whose voting what similar to the US nominee results? All I can find is sums for the entire vote, has Leave up 700k though
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/politics/e...rendum/results
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Fellow Americans!

LETS PARTY!!!!!!!!!!!1
    I may go for a week or two to visit my sister, grandparents and escape the heat. California is basically melting now. D:
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    And yet thats how democracy works.
    More accurately, that's how democracy demonstrates itself to be an utter feelgood farce.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/...s-and-analysis

If Leave succeeds, and if there is some transatlantic zeitgeist at play here, it would tend to favor conservatives/populists in the US, i.e. Trump and the GOP.

I expect that if the win is under 1%, it's going to be just like in Quebec with their referendum back in 1995 where they "lost" by 50.58%. Even to this day they still talk about it and it's a huge source of dispute. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    Japan
    UK
    Germany on my list of nations I want to visit some day.
    Well Japan just got more expensive.