Quote Originally Posted by jiggler View Post
    GUYS! To celebrate #Leave Pound Sterling is -15% off at the steam summer sale. I'd wait tho, it will probably go even lower still ;3
    I'm inclined to buy post-stabilization. This seems like a bit of a silly panic to me; the likelihood of that steep of a dip representing genuine devaluation is low.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sykke View Post
    This is a sad day for Europe
    I wouldn't call it sad. It will be interesting who the Britons and their various underlings will blame when the EU is gone.

Or maybe the beginning for a better Europe and more united Europe. The EU was a bad seed.
    Now we can put in a new seed, and make it better.
    The EU wasn't a bad seed. The EU is exactly that what the national governments of the member states wanted it to be. It's nothing but a collection of national governments. The problem is, that nobody in Europe wants to work together but rather take what they can get and do nothing in exchange (see Poland f.e.).

Splitting up doesn't make us more united or stronger.
    Last edited by mmoc1f722ef552; 2016-06-24 at 03:48 AM.

Its a good day for me. My national holiday, Steam summer sales and history is made all in one day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since the pound is weakening I'm guessing nows the perfect time to buy before it starts going back up?
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    It'll be very interesting to see where things go from here, especially since Iceland suffered similar scaremongering when it made lofty decisions...and promptly ended up better for it.
    So you want the UK to be as irrelevant as Iceland, then?

15+ Year Old Account
    UK Independence Day 06/24/16

For such a big decision, I'm surprised that a passing vote is >50%. Would have thought that a decision like this would have required at least 60 percent to pass.

I agree, sad day for Europe. Great day for me, booking that London trip now. :3

Pound is dropping , but
    WAIT FOR LONDON MARKETS TO OPEN, THERE IS THE BIG LAUGHHH
    Vote leave, they said
    We will be better, they said !
    WELCOME TO THE BLACK FRIDAY, UKBOIS.
    IT WILL BE BAD FOR ALL THE WORLD MARKETS, but WORST WILL BE FOR UK

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurluas View Post
    Or maybe the beginning for a better Europe and more united Europe. The EU was a bad seed.
    Now we can put in a new seed, and make it better.
    The nature of the EU kinda brought this on didn't it? I mean I know Slant worships the thing as if its the second coming of Christ, but the EU has not exactly performed great.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    That's what they said about Proposition 8 as well.
    I have no idea what Proposition 8 is, nor do I care. This is a thread about British politics, not whatever random shit you are concerned about.

Deleted
    DAX futures -9%, Nikkei down 8%, GBPUSD -10ish%

The swan, she is black

That's what they said about Proposition 8 as well.
    It never stopped actually being, the people just stopped being asked.

Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    Since the pound is weakening I'm guessing nows the perfect time to buy before it starts going back up?
    DING DIIIING DINGG we have a winner

Good for you UK!

Deleted
    So you want the UK to be as irrelevant as Iceland, then?
    As much as i'm pro remain, we won't end up like Iceland, you can't state that a nation with a population of 64 million will be as irrelevant on the world stage as a nation with a population of 300,000.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Chief View Post
    UK Independence Day 06/24/16

fireworks and BBQ?

Hell yeah!!

This is fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Birmingham
    50.4% leave
    49.6% remain
    Goddamn that's close.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Meh, sometimes you do not get what you want, but it is the will of the people.
    Sometimes we have to say fuck the will of the people if it is a stupid outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    I would hold on with buying it just yet, considering how it just went into freefall once the BBC announced their prediction