If the EU were just one big free trade zone, that and NATO that would be enough for a few decades. EU tried to go too far too fast.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bollocks View Post
    Its refreshing to see that Scotland has common sense. At this point whatever Britain recieves they deserve it.
    Yeah the 13 million people who voted Remain so far "deserve it".

i just saw on twitter a infographic detailing preferences on voting by age. as i assumed, old people are screwing up the younger generations (older people voted in majority for leave)
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    But they didn't expect people to be this god damn stupid.

A democracy should never allow something this crazy to be allowed. It is about intelligent people still having control over the stupid. Even if it is 1000 stupid people and 5 intelligent.
    How can people trust those "intelligent people," to both be impartial, and to have the interests of citizens and not themselves in mind?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexeht View Post
    I think this is single stupidest thing I read today. Or even this week.
    This tells me that you don't read the Washington Post enough. You probably don't know how many things are racist just yet!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    Putin wins. Within 6 months other countries will frexit, grexit, spexit... and all that will be left are the leech countries.
    I doubt it'll happen that fast, but I do hope that in time france/italy/spain/holland/denmark, probably even finland wants out, will leave. History always repeats... Germany isnt meant to lead anything or they will destroy it. Margaret Thatcher saw it before anyone else when she opposed the reunification.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xisa View Post
    You mean the countries that do everything Germany tells them to.
    It's a common misunderstanding.

You could not PAY me to live in Northern Ireland right now, either. Especially on the 100th Anniversary of the Troubles...
    It's not Germany's fault that it's the only nation having the balls to do anything tbqh. The UK and France could have both taken some sort of leadership or guidance in the EU, but nobody wanted to take up any responsibility. It's sad when even France (the one who surrenders always) is more prone to action than the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by thevoicefromwithin View Post
    Maybe? Or Holland, Hungary, France? Lots of Dominoes around.
    hungary? no way, who do u think Orbán would blame if we would be out of the EU ?

10+ Year Old Account
    So I may very well see the rise and fall of the EU in my lifetime. Amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    i just saw on twitter a infographic detailing preferences on voting by age. as i assumed, old people are screwing up the younger generations (older people voted in majority for leave)
    We should probably take their votes away. Those people don't how to vote anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    If I seem schizophrenic, it's because I don't much care about Brexit on the object level, but am simultaneously amused by people discovering that democracy isn't the bestest ever and other people that are deeply upset by the idea of a nation being independent.
    we dont' force people to do something we want . Just because they disagree with our view that we know what is best for them, they have a right to say no, and we should respect their decision, not find clever ways to force them or trick them into doing what we want . Which also includes preventing htem from deciding if this is how they want to be govermed.

Some people believe that it is their right to tell people what to do, and that people must listen to them because they've figured it all out. But it's the people's choice to decide whether they agree or not, and if they don't agree, we don't force them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    I wasn't aware Britain stood for making objectively bad decisions in the name of some vague and abstract 'moral right'.
    When you reach puberty you will realise that you do not get everything you want in life.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    This tells me that you don't read the Washington Post enough. You probably don't know how many things are racist just yet!
    I know what is not racist tho - calling white people crackers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

Deleted
    Leave still sitting at 51.7%, 47 results left to go.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zahard View Post
    Is a powerful russia bad?
    What would be beneficial of a powerful Russia?

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    How can people trust those "intelligent people," to both be impartial, and to have the interests of citizens and not themselves in mind?
    intelligent people tend to be impartial, see the short and long term losses and gains and see the interest of everyone (including them)
    stupid people lack the thought procesess to do that
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jiggler View Post
    Our country is buying helicopters from Russia, so theres that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does this mean WoW subs will be cheaper now for the Brits?

https://twitter.com/wilkinson_laura
    Scotland's interests must be protected, we are looking at all options," SNP's @FionaHyslop tells @BBCScotlandNews
    If the UK has made a decision against the will of the Scottish people, there will be "consequences" says Fiona Hyslop #EURef
    The Scottish secession talk has began already.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jiggler View Post
    Well I mean people here are discussing the need to nix democracy and install a "benevolent dictatorship," something like a Politburo I am guessing, so what would be the substantial difference?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.