10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    Yeah, it's easy to forget about Wales... It has been part of England for so long that they don't even have their cross on the Union Jack. I suppose it would be St. David's cross?
    The only thing I know about Wales is that's where I train my longbowmen.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    You don't really know a lot about Ireland do you?
    No. Hence I asked.

But regardless of that, I'm having doubts about christian denominations being a deal breaker in this day and age.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    The Irish are a few years behind everybody else.

About 400 years.
    I hear they still starve beacause the last potato harvest was bad.

RIP Ireland

But regardless of that, I'm having doubts about christian denominations being a deal breaker in this day and age.
    Old hatreds sit deep, that's why a unified Europe would be grand y'know

Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    We have the same problem in the USA. Basically the people with low education want to blame someone else for their problems rather than their own laziness to get an education and a better job. This is the thing that Trump does the same as Hitler. You talk the poorest group of young, uneducated males and you point at someone and say´they are the reason you are poor´.
    Which, of course, is completely different from leftists that claim the reason for African-American poverty is white oppression. That is just good science.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    Yeah, it's easy to forget about Wales... It has been part of England for so long that they don't even have their cross on the Union Jack. I suppose it would be St. David's cross?
    Wales is part of the Kingdom of England & Wales, which is represented by the St George Cross. So neither England nor Wales are independently represented.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    The EU desperately needs to reform itself. I know Slant argues it makes the sun rise and prevents the resurrection of Nazi zombies or whatever, but it has problems, and those problems and the bad policy calls in some key areas really brought this about. The EU was cruising for a bruising.
    Yes it does, as all democratic institutions always do, that is the nature of supranational institutions formed on the basis of representation. That does not make leaving a good choice, it does not make wishing for its further disintegration sensible. I'm not sure what the EU safeguards us from, but I'm fairly confident that it symbolized the possibilities of increased democratic unity that overcomes borders and nationalism and order historical rubbish. You're not wrong, the idealists have certainly been kicked in the nuts with this one. I don't want a Europe with more Russian influence, the EU if nothing else worked to staunch that, its demise would not be good in this regard.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knaar View Post
    How long until they open?
    I don't know but its going to be a shitshow.

Watch it yourself:
    http://www.bloomberg.com/markets/currencies

I wonder if the average Joe will notice anything different in the next month or so?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    No. Hence I asked.

Republic of Ireland is a very Catholic country, they've still got the ban on Homosexual men donating blood, ban on abortions, etc.

Northern Ireland isn't a Catholic country, hence they don't want to rejoin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't it silly that a difference of 3.8% leads to such a global decision? Shouldn't there have been requirement of the vast majority of votes, like at least 70%? I mean, almost half the population wants to be a part of EU, and now suddenly - bam! - not anymore! Weird how this referendum worked...
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

It's 2016. Really....still today?
    The sway of the Abrahamic religions on many humans would surprise you, yes, even today.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    Republic of Ireland is a very Catholic country, they've still got the ban on Homosexual men donating blood, ban on abortions, etc.

Northern Ireland isn't a Catholic country, hence they don't want to rejoin.
    Yeah. Wasn't that long when they were still killing each other over it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    Unlike Venezuela though, the UK has a stable government.
    But not a stable economy. I'm gladly waiting the time the London market opens.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    The Irish are a few years behind everybody else.

About 400 years.
    Most with any sense came to America anyways. Now we go back to Ireland as tourists and annoy the shit out of the locals by telling them how "Irish" we are. Great fun really.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Isn't it silly that a difference of 3.8% leads to such a global decision? Shouldn't there have been requirement of the vast majority of votes, like at least 70%? I mean, almost half the population wants to be a part of EU, and now suddenly - bam! - not anymore! Weird how this referendum worked...
    It's an outrage. We need to bump the number to the quantity that would be required to give me the desired outcome.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Northern Irish are crazy fuckers, which is why we both love them and every so often pretend they do not exist.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    Yeah. Wasn't that long when they were still killing each other over it.
    They still are, we just hush it up now so that we can pretend everyones friendly over there.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    I wonder if the average Joe will notice anything different in the next month or so?
    Well it depends on how the market reacts when they open .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Considering that, despite how unfashionable it is to say, more authoritarian governments are by definition better at governing - it's easy to see why.

When shit like Brexit happens it simply demonstrates that populism is a gigantic waste of everyone's time at best and incredibly destructive at worse.
    When people say leftists are trying to destroy democracy, you are the person they're talking about.

Always nice to have Paranoia vindicated.

Britain gets a chance to make it's own call now
    I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes
    Or should I?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    depends on your average Joe. Is he a white collar office worker? He's probably fine.

If he's in North Western english blue collar trying to find a job during a potentially stagnating (even receding) economy? He's probably not so fine.