Quote Originally Posted by vm2092 View Post
    Make sure you guys check out wowhead's datamine as well. Looks like mmochamp missed some stuff...
    MMOC misses a lot of stuff anymore.
    I'm a Kitsune! Not a cat, or a mutt!

Checked in on the official forums. Seems like half of the PTR posts right now are about the maelstrom change and how it went way too far (I wasn't aware Windfury wasn't giving maelstrom, which is a serious problem). Hopefully this'll mean--since basically every forum that talks about Shaman is talking about it--that Blizz'll pay attention. I know that several specs feel like they've been ignored/haven't had any blue posts, though, so I'm not sure if we'll get a reaction. Hrm...

the spec didnt slow down, boulderfist slowed down. windsong and hothands still have you using something every gcd. as its been said for weeks now, boulderfist is the option to not have every gcd filled. i thought they'd have nerfed boulderfist differently, however, this is still a nerf to boulderfist and less so to the other talent options in that row.

if you want the spammy play style play windsong or hothands, rockbiter is spammable.

Holy nerf? Landslide Rockbiter now also enhances your weapon, increasing your Attack Power by% 8% for 10 sec. Enhancement Shaman - Level 100 Talent.

Quote Originally Posted by garonne View Post
    the spec didnt slow down, boulderfist slowed down. windsong and hothands still have you using something every gcd. as its been said for weeks now, boulderfist is the option to not have every gcd filled. i thought they'd have nerfed boulderfist differently, however, this is still a nerf to boulderfist and less so to the other talent options in that row.

if you want the spammy play style play windsong or hothands, rockbiter is spammable.
    This is COMPLETLY irrelevant with how the spec is and feels on the beta right now. The playstyle is now bascially "Spam Rockbiter and have a little MS or pick Boulderfist and be a starved pleb"
    The spec is slowed down, no question about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojodisu View Post
    This is COMPLETLY irrelevant with how the spec is and feels on the beta right now. The playstyle is now bascially "Spam Rockbiter and have a little MS or pick Boulderfist and be a starved pleb"
    The spec is slowed down, no question about it.
    what is slowed down? do you not have something to use every gcd?

The problem is, nobody wanted a "spammy" playstyle where most of your GCD's are a single ability--what was fun about Enhance was pushing multiple different buttons frequently. It felt active (some might say "whack-a-mole," I guess), and engaging. Rockbiter spam is not engaging at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    what is slowed down? do you not have something to use every gcd?
    Maelstrom generation has slowed down...

Which has caused some builds to become maelstrom starved and others to become less interesting because of Rockbiter spam.

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    I love how blizzard managed to make enhance one of its best versions in a while and bring it from 100 to 0 real quick.

Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post

Which has caused some builds to become maelstrom starved and others to become less interesting because of Rockbiter spam.
    Going from some 20-40 Maelstrom Per GCD to something like 15, it feels.

I've gone back to boulderfist atm, its really frustrating to not be able to change talents in the middle of a dungeon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranmauri View Post
    The problem is, nobody wanted a "spammy" playstyle where most of your GCD's are a single ability--what was fun about Enhance was pushing multiple different buttons frequently. It felt active (some might say "whack-a-mole," I guess), and engaging. Rockbiter spam is not engaging at all.
    see, i can understand the want for the that playstyle.
    tuning is still happening tho so this may not even be the last iteration.

I doubt it's the last iteration, but many folks are not so optimistic. I can see why, I suppose--this was the first real Enhancement change in more than a month.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mhm.

I'm fairly confident it won't go live like this, though, not unless they plan on making some big changes to abilities like Lava Lash. Outside of Hot Hand it's gone from a maelstrom dumper to an almost-never-used poop ability. Which really lowers the value of Doom Vortex. Golden dragons are supposed to be exciting!

Quote Originally Posted by wordup View Post
    Yes you will. If you play incorrectly, you will starve yourself, but both options provide enough Maelstrom to sustain SS procs. If you mis-manage it and use Lava Lash too frequently, yes you drain yourself on Boulderfist, but at the same time you also need to mash Rockbiter more often if you take the other options to sustain that. Empty GCDs do not necessarily equate to DPS lost when everything hits harder via the BF buff.

Both options seem relatively similar with no strict downside to taking either, but no instant "BF is useless and everyone should be using Hot Hand" now.
    From quite a lot of parsing on beta I'm seeing more DPS out of Hot Hand, mostly from the Hot Hand procs as well as far more damage from Hailstorm from consistent Rockbiters since it's GCD locked. My damage is SS MH > Hailstorm> Rockbiter > LL > SS OH. When I run Boulderfist, I see SS MH > Boulderfist > Hailstorm > SS OH > Melee.

It's somewhere around 5% ahead, but Boulderfist has quite a bit better burst. The difference may also be explained by my stat allocation.

Finally patched and logged it.

Without changing my spec yet, I've noticed a MASSIVE change, and my Details Addon comparing my damage before the patch, and after, it seems that I'm doing 28.6% less DPS.

This was the talent setup I was playing before the patch, and I just tested with.

So I tried ele, and I feel like it's still way behind enhance. Am I doing it wrong, or?

Quote Originally Posted by Dagonfel View Post
    Was debating on this myself, I believe this was Blizzard intention by not nerfing Boulderfists damage. They definitely did it the wrong way, because the spec is far too slow now with Boulderfist, and obviously with the other damage nerfs along with dropping boulderfist if you choose, its a steep drop in dps.

- - - Updated - - -

Windfury is designated a special attack and not an auto, therefore it intenionally does not give maelstrom with the changes.
    If the spec is now slow with Boulderfist(And i tried it on PTR to compare), the the intention of that talent is now fulfilled. That was the aim from the very start. People who always want something to press should not take Boulderfist, they should stick with Rockbiter spam.

See this is what people get by assuming being overpowered is normal. Before this patch it was fucking ridiculous. Drowning in Maelstrom, almost spamming Stormstrike, it wasn't fun at all. You were never supposed to be that powerful, especially with no gear. You guys who want to spam? You have Rockbiter. Those that don't? Boulderfist.

However, this isn't the end of tuning. Rather sick of all the sky is falling shit in EVERY class thread where downward adjustments are made. Enhancement was disgusting. It needs tuning. This is a start. Small adjustments needed but it IS a step in the right direction.
    Last edited by Sarkol; 2016-06-24 at 05:43 AM.

so with these changes does that mean fury of air is a dead talent?

Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post

the maelstrom reduction would only makes you spend less on lava lash and more rockbiter, you're still using an ability. the problem you're probably trying to point out is the change in mastery, which i dont think is a huge change as of yet (still remains to be seen). its harder to see the effect of changes when its multiple different ones but the change to maelstrom wouldnt have affected using stormstrike or our other abilities, just a simple, less lava lash, more rockbiter.

the biggest effect change is to boulderfist and this actually fixes the talent to its intended design. i'm not going to act like these aren't huge changes and i kinda expect more to come.

sn: the artifact will undoubtedly increase maelstorm generation, there's gathering of maelstrom and windstrikes
    sn2: i feel making windfury proc maelstorm would be a good change.