Welcome to freedom UK.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    tha'ts not what they are talking about when they talk about transparency.. what you are referring too is what they say when they say it's too confusing and convoluted how it all works. The transparency is when you can't see what's going on in the meetings that the decisionis are made and the laws decided, you can't see or hear the arguments, how it went down, who decided what etc. I'm sure they have a good reason for it, but it's not the sort of set-up I have confidence in at all.

Furthermore you vote in your party true, so in that sense you decide who does end up there for each country, in asense, because the positions of the decision makers are by appointment only. the EU parliament is where the people can vote, but the MEPs have no real power it seems, the other 3 convoluted bodies are where all the decisions are made, they discuss. It's like a pseudo-democracy, and weak, bottom line is I can't decide what happens for my country.. cos even if my countries representatives vote in my interest, they are only a fraction of a whole, ind if everyone votes against it, i can't do anything about it. and if I think the system sucks, I can't remove the people in it, what I do hardly makes a difference, i'm several times removed from the process too much is out of my control, opens all sorts of doors for manipulation and tampering, and I don't trust the integrity of people enough to give them such control, besides I can make decisions on my own thank you. Don't need tons of legislation telling me how to do it. Un-necessary and burdensome red tape, that sounds good in the soundbyte but works out quite poorly.

Glad we're OUT !!
    I don't know about you, but at least here we are informed about what our MEPs voted for or not. The three other "convoluted" bodies are all reslts of elections amde by the populace. The European Council is the assambly of all heads of government, the Council of the European Union is comprised of th respective secretaries/ministers of the countries, the commission is put together by the states and the European parliament. The process of what happens in Brussels in not farther away from you in terms of political structure.

it'll be funny when ppl get into work and start getting letters about their company moving offices aboard or downsizing.

like 'yay we are free' 'oh fuck i've been let go',

i'm in Wales ofc, I voted remain, I had one friend on the fence, and one tin foil hat conspiracy theory spouting friend who surprisingly saw the benefit of staying and yet didn't vote. most ppl on my facebook were posting pro exit propaganda.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    You're glad that 17 million stupid, old and short-sighted people just relegated the country to many years of shit?
    fixed for you
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    Ashamed of Wales this morning.
    Just this morning???
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    Nigel Farage is not hte only person you know, and there are many people who wanted to leave, of many skin colour types, accents, ages, political persuasions, belief systems - the media love focusing on Nigel Farage, and Nigel bet on the right horse, but NIgel actually genuinely belives about the exit, wasn't betting on anything, but it does play into him.

Britain has a leader, it's David Cameron. It has an elected Government too, Nigel Farage is not even an MP, he may become one next term, I wish him well, he still has a purpose and a role to play , funny man huh. At least he stood up for what he bleived in, which is more than a lot who chose to fear.
    David Cameron will be resigning tomorrow morning or Monday.

7+ Year Old Account
    Did you even vote?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gypsybob View Post
    Wales voted to leave the EU so the SNP can't blame 'those English bastards' which is a severe complication for their independence drive.

It won't happen. I'm confident nationalists would lose a second referendum.

We also need to remmeber that Spain would likely veto an independent Scotland entering the EU to prevent the Catalans from stirring up shit.
    Wales will stay now. I am pretty sure. Scotland and Northern Ireland are the leave candidates now.

That was before the BREXIT. It is now a new situation.

Before that the EU didnt want to confront England. Now there is no reason to be cautious. In fact Scotland now has to leave GB to STAY in EU. I dont think that the EU would now fight a scottish leave vote.

It is all up to Scotland anyways now. If they want to stay they can. But i am pretty sure that there will be a big initiative for a UK leave vote until 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by Sytrilix View Post
    A fair few I spoke to yesterday who said they could not be bothered to go and vote even though they registered were for staying, they should be kicking themselves in the arse now with how close this is.
    In the book the Hitchhiker´s Guide to the Galaxy, there was a conversation, where basically the main character asked how a single planet was able to fight the entire rest of the universe ( millions of planets) and basically almost win. The other character said ´they cared more´..

The world economy isn´t great, and when your best argument for staying is ´to keep the economy the same´.. it just isn´t very motivating, even if it was the smart thing. The leave people were far more passionate, they cared more.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    It might stabalize but it will be much lower than it was yesterday. Right until essentially the day UK leaves it will be too uncertain to bank on the UK.
    The UK won't be leaving the EU for 2 years (at least), once article 50 of the lisbon treaty has been invoked, it takes about 2 years to sort stuff out, until then the UK is still obliged to pay the EU everything it's paying it now, we're still essentially part of the EU until those 2 years are up. If they come to agreements quickly it could be some what fast tracked, depends on how stubborn the EU are going to be though.

Then the fun begins, they have to sit and sift through literally thousands of laws, regulations and other stuff the EU has implemented over the years and work out which need changing for the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    fixed for you
    I don't imagine there's a ton of pensioners visiting this forum though lol. Quite surprising to see the "younger" folks celebrating something that's going to shit directly on their heads for the next decade or more.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    David Dimbleby going full savage on BBC News, this is great to watch.
    IS there a website where I can watch it? I'm dying to see it.

Let's not forget about the baby boomers.

Deleted
    I wonder when London will vote to become independent, 60% voted to Remain.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    I don't imagine there's a ton of pensioners visiting this forum though lol. Quite surprising to see the "younger" folks celebrating something that's going to shit directly on their heads for the next decade or more.
    considering that (as far as i have seen) younger voters wanted, in majority to remain in the EU, and the older voters wanted to leave...
    yeah, old stupid people. the cancer of baby boomers cannot die soon enough. it has done too much damage to many countries
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Fucking idiots, I can't believe this...

Quote Originally Posted by jiggler View Post
    I can't wait what would happen with the Netherlands or Austria or Finland in case of an Nexit, Auxit or Finxit. small countries, heavily dependant on neighbours which would probably have to change their currency in a time turmoil. A recipe for disaster.
    Poland will be first, they already have a very rightwing gov´t. Sweden will be next, followed by Greece. France won´t leave now because they won´t allow a referendum, but the current party will lose the next election ( no idea when it is), and then they will.

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    considering that (as far as i have seen) younger voters wanted, in majority to remain in the EU, and the older voters wanted to leave...
    yeah, old stupid people.
    I know, I made the joke earlier too

Just shocking that there's people who visit here who supported the idea of leaving. Mind-boggling.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bollocks View Post
    IS there a website where I can watch it? I'm dying to see it.
    Don't think you can use the iPlayer on the BBC website outside of the UK, but thats the only one I know of.

Quote Originally Posted by Turaska View Post
    The UK won't be leaving the EU for 2 years (at least), once article 50 of the lisbon treaty has been invoked, it takes about 2 years to sort stuff out, until then the UK is still obliged to pay the EU everything it's paying it now, we're still essentially part of the EU until those 2 years are up. If they come to agreements quickly it could be some what fast tracked, depends on how stubborn the EU are going to be though.

Then the fun begins, they have to sit and sift through literally thousands of laws, regulations and other stuff the EU has implemented over the years and work out which need changing for the better.
    We'll also unable to change much of anything wrt regulations until we actually leave so yeah, two years of limbo, fantastic.