A decision of this magnitude shouldn't be made by a simple majority vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Gangresnake View Post
    Sum-up of this thread:
    if you think a democracy should prevail over an oligarchy you're fat, short-sighted, old, racists and the big bad bankers will lay down a curse on you for the next 5000 years.
    52%. Of the 60-something% of voters who turned up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    I wonder when London will vote to become independent, 60% voted to Remain.
    They can move London to fucking Brussels if they want, since no one wants London...

and Luton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerevar View Post
    Fucking idiots, I can't believe this...
    Im sure the ones that voted to leave thinks the #RemainCamp are idiots. Democracy at best.

So now I'm wondering if Cameron will have to say the results were too close, and we won't be leaving. Simply to avoid the coming run on the pound and the economy going completely down the shitter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    Ashamed of Wales this morning.
    Wouldn't be so bad if most of those swaying it over to Leave were even remotely fucking informed about the issue before voting.
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.

Quote Originally Posted by Aehl View Post
    If those laws and regulaitons acted against the best wishes and welfare and needs of the British people, then yes they need to be removed.

That there are so many, means that they have been over governed and over regulated to a fare thee well.
    Can you provide some examples?

Holy shit. I voted Leave but I never thought it would really happen. Over the moon right now. This is huge. Gonna be a bumpy ride for a while, no doubt, but it will be worth it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    I'm just curious..why are the ones who wanted to leave "stupid"? I mean, it's a difference of opinions.

I know at this point that it's really neither here nor there, but generally speaking, name-calling people you don't want to vote in a certain manner doesn't really accomplish that goal... You don't change minds when you call people stupid, backward, uneducated, and suggest they just "don't understand" what they're doing. Odds are, they have a good grasp of what they're doing, and they probably also have solid reasons - in their minds - for wanting to leave. That doesn't make them stupid, it means they have a different perspective.
    not really. it is stupid, and they are stupid to buy nigel farage's lies and boris johnson's fear mongering.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gangresnake View Post
    Sum-up of this thread:
    if you think a democracy should prevail over an oligarchy you're fat, short-sighted, old, racists and the big bad bankers will lay down a curse on you for the next 5000 years.
    Democracy doesn't mean intelligence. I mean look at the US. Donald Trump is the republican nominee XD
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    I'm just curious..why are the ones who wanted to leave "stupid"? I mean, it's a difference of opinions.
    Having an opinion doesn't make you smart. Nobody I know that was voting leave could explain why in a rational manner. Anybody living in Wales that voted leave is 100% fucking retarded, borderline too stupid to live.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    And the walkbacks commence.
    That number was always bullshit anyway, because we'll have to spend most of that money filling the shortfall that will be caused by the EU pulling there money out.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Holy shit. I voted Leave but I never thought it would really happen. Over the moon right now. This is huge. Gonna be a bumpy ride for a while, no doubt, but it will be worth it.
    I like the words "bumpy ride"...what a nice way to put it lol. Whatever helps the conscience I guess.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its sometimes funny the WoW community not understanding how the world is changing all around them, by people who don't devote their lives to playing a video game.
    Reminder to self, this is what your dealing with on mmo-c ot
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Incidentally, I have no issue with deceiving stupid people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    I consider anyone right of Obama to be stupid, actually.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why is it that something as meaningless as who gets to host the world cup goes to multiple rounds of voting, and yet something as huge as this just gets the one?
    Speciation Is Gradual

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    Poland will be first, they already have a very rightwing gov´t. Sweden will be next, followed by Greece. France won´t leave now because they won´t allow a referendum, but the current party will lose the next election ( no idea when it is), and then they will.
    Well i am pretty sure Poland will stay. They profitted too much from EU (money). They profitted very very much.

Greece didnt have the guts to leave because they would be bankrupt within hours without EU money. That danger is minimal.

Denmark and Sweden - i dont know. France will take a very good look at what happens in the UK.

That is the main reason why the EU will punish the UK. They have to because otherwise the current leaderships would massively strwngthen nationalist mvements like LePen in France. It is in e.g. Hollandes interest to see UK massively fail.
    Last edited by mmoc4ec7d51a68; 2016-06-24 at 05:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    We'll also unable to change much of anything wrt regulations until we actually leave so yeah, two years of limbo, fantastic.
    So no changes in this are since EU was "vetoing" most stuff send from UK ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

A decision of this magnitude shouldn't be made by a simple majority vote.
    Majority vote is the foundation of democracy. Or had you forgotten?

Oir are you saying that the people should never have been given a voice and had whatever decisions foisted on them by the "elite"?

This event is freedom personified and an exercise in democracy. A lot of you dont like it because you dont think the British people know whats good for them.
    Last edited by Aehl; 2016-06-24 at 05:53 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexeht View Post
    They can move London to fucking Brussels if they want, since no one wants London...
    How exactly would you fund the country without London?

Quote Originally Posted by Aehl View Post
    Majority vote is the foundation of democracy. Or had you forgotten?
    Democracy also has an onus on the voter to educate themselves and not just mark an X on a sheet of paper because some twat told them to.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    In the book the Hitchhiker´s Guide to the Galaxy, there was a conversation, where basically the main character asked how a single planet was able to fight the entire rest of the universe ( millions of planets) and basically almost win. The other character said ´they cared more´..

The world economy isn´t great, and when your best argument for staying is ´to keep the economy the same´.. it just isn´t very motivating, even if it was the smart thing. The leave people were far more passionate, they cared more.
    did you realy just quoted from a movie/book ? you realize caring more for something does not apply in this case im pretty sure both sides cared just about the same the dumb people just won thats about it
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}