Quote Originally Posted by Aberrict View Post
    You sure showed those liberals what for by blowing your economy up.
    Except the people blowing up the economy are the same people who were pushing for open borders and mass immigration - big business, big banks, international rootless elites. It's pure market manipulation and attempted punishment for daring to vote against the globalist project.
    Mage | Paladin | Officer of <Strawberry Puppy Kisses> | A Discordian is Prohibited of Believing what he reads.

Quote Originally Posted by -primordial View Post
    Yup, and oldish people voted to leave. Way to screw up the future generations.
    ya, fuck democracy
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    A drag indeed.. when it is the government. Otherwise, one should not care.
    Apparently censorship is not a concern of the MMO-Champ Moderators

America lost its. America is okay.

Deleted
    The potential secession of Scotland.
    The potential secession of Northern Ireland.
    You forget all the points they will lose in Eurovision!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    old people who, im majority, voted to leave, mostly because they're stupid (i think) or simply because they want to reap anything that remains, and f*ck up the younger generations

even if they didnt, at least the oportunity was there. now it's lost
    And they just lost their lost their AAA credit rating.

https://next.ft.com/content/6a74d22c...c-476bd27e7483

I stayed up all night watching sky news as the votes came in, it was very close and intense!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    What you don't get it. UK fisherman don't need quotas now and can empty the north and Irish seas like they always wanted to. Leaving them without work
    Great plan. So in 10 years they will be empty and all of them will lose their jobs?

Dont you think there is some sense for the existence of these quotas? There are a lot of examples.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    I can't blame them. The refugee crisis in Europe is all thanks to the EU imposing refugee quotas.
    Which is complete horse shit anyway as any impending EU/UK trade arrangements will likely restore freedom of movement. Look at Norway.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    They would just use a booming economy as an excuse for accepting more mass migration anyways.
    Those darn Polish plumbers!
    Quote Originally Posted by Baal1373 View Post
    BBC just said the most of the young people voted to remain.
    Age breakdown:

Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post
    We will see what might be in june 2017. There will be some heavy consequences in the next months. There will be pretty surely no stable government so there will have to be reelections. And a lot of very well paid jobs will leave the UK.

Prices for imported goods will be raised dramatically. Jobs gone - less tax income. There will be no big investments for a very long time. Everything will lead to damatic cuts in social systems.

And who will be the one to blame once this happens what pretty much every ecoconomist predicts?
    evonomists predict a lot of shit that doesn't happen.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    old people who, im majority, voted to leave, mostly because they're stupid (i think) or simply because they want to reap anything that remains, and f*ck up the younger generations
    If millenials are significantly smarter they should have no problem making the UK more prosperous than ever.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tempguy View Post
    America lost its. America is okay.
    America can bully it's way around however it wants tho.

UK doesn't have that power.

Quote Originally Posted by Feral Camel View Post
    Its amazing how much power that man has. Sadly he still gets his say with Australian politics.
    why he can't just die
    PS: yes i know wanting someone to die is bad, but man, we're talking about rupert murdoch! he's like evil incarnate

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    If millenials are significantly smarter they should have no problem making the UK more prosperous than ever.
    it's hard to do that when the conditions are stacked against you. and it will be much harder in the short-medium term
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by Alexeht View Post
    Yes, since EU was totally listening UK night and day /s
    And why should countries like Netherlands, France, Germany, Belgium listen to the English night and day?

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -primordial View Post
    Yup, and oldish people voted to leave. Way to screw up the future generations.
    How about a different perspective.

Older people voted in the referendum to join the EEC in 1973. Europe has changed dramatically since then and the economic community that they voted for has been replaced by something entirely different with near supreme power.
    Me not that kind of Orc!

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    I can't blame them. The refugee crisis in Europe is all thanks to the EU imposing refugee quotas.
    There was no quota for the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    UK had nothing to do with that.
    I never said it did. Just pointing out that the EU has too much power in matters they shouldn't even have a say in.

Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    Why is it that something as meaningless as who gets to host the world cup goes to multiple rounds of voting, and yet something as huge as this just gets the one?
    Because referenda are retarded.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    I'm just curious..why are the ones who wanted to leave "stupid"? I mean, it's a difference of opinions.

I know at this point that it's really neither here nor there, but generally speaking, name-calling people you don't want to vote in a certain manner doesn't really accomplish that goal... You don't change minds when you call people stupid, backward, uneducated, and suggest they just "don't understand" what they're doing. Odds are, they have a good grasp of what they're doing, and they probably also have solid reasons - in their minds - for wanting to leave. That doesn't make them stupid, it means they have a different perspective.
    There has always been two sides. The leavers always admitted that there would be an economic hit, but that it was worth having their sovereignty back along with more power to control their immigration policy.

The problem is that much of that very honest intellectual argument in favor of leaving, simply got drowned out when the main ´marketing´ of leavers basically turned into racism. And really, because it was only a 1-2% victory, my opinion is that the whole racism and hate-mongering probably did put it over the top. The leavers would have lost the intellectual debate, so they went with posters of lines of immigrants that looked like an invasion of the UK.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    Which is complete horse shit anyway as any impending EU/UK trade arrangements will likely restore freedom of movement. Look at Norway.
    We were not subject to refugee quotas anyway, Ireland and us have different border policies to the rest of the EU.