10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Funny thing is, the US lost its AAA rating because of its unwillingness to restrain its spending.
    Increased spending isn't an issue if you increase revenue as well... The rating decrease was a result of unwillingness to increase revenue mostly... Thus ever increasing deficits.

Not to mention the instability of the government (in both parties' refusal to cooperate on nearly anything).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    I am semi-retired on a Mediterranean island at 43, I do consultancy work because I can. Do you even have a job?
    No, I don't have a job Kallis, I bet my own money on things. Which means I have to know. Being a bullshit artist is not enough when you are self-employed. When I screw up, I lose money, not the British taxpayer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Corbyn looks like he has never worn a suit before.

Quote Originally Posted by The BANNzoman View Post
    Lol.

No they aren't.

FInd me a recession that a majority of economists predicted successfully.

I'll wait.

I know right? It's always one that no one gives a shit about.

Then after all of a sudden the rest are like "it was so obvious! This is what happened! Listen to me!"

Oh yeah, SALE IN THE UK!!

If the voters agree with my vote, then democracy works, if the voters don't agree with my vote and I lose, democracy doesn't work, the voters were ill-informed, ad hominid, ad hominid.

Quote Originally Posted by Tempguy View Post
    That's actually tucking amazing turnout by American standards. Good job.
    When was the last time you had a federal referendum?

Have you ever?

Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    For heavens sake, it is very simple. You have at least a small amount of error in a short-term prediction. Multiply that by 10 years or whatever you have no effective predictive accuracy at all.

The only reason people like Kallis exist is that, mainly for political reasons, it is helpful for governments or business people to say "projections over a ten-year period show...", but it has always been bullshit and any one who isn't on the payroll of these companies and is even vaguely competent in the field will tell you.
    Of course there is inaccuracy in long term forecasts, but how much depends on the model and the inherent variance of the system.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

`cfc

Quote Originally Posted by gypsybob View Post
    If the EU was a trading bloc only and didn't meddle with domestic affairs, justice and free movement I would likely have voted remain.

Trading partners=good
    European pseudo superstate=bad
    First: Just be honest and say bloody immigrants and not ''free movement'' because you aren't against free movement of goods but your against free movement of people. If your racist at least stand up for that instead for that.

The EU involves itself in domestic affairs because it's a trading/economical/political bloc, you can't have decent trade with your neighbhours if you don't align your standards and regulations with them

Finally: The EU courts are needed because we have common laws.

European super state=good and awesome, does anybody not want to be a superpower?

Suits are over rated.

didn't know that many europeans hated the EU this much
    Be feared, or be fuel

Deleted
    I mean, this all comes down to how accurate the forecast and its assumptions are, which is rather begging the question.
    In practice unless you are talking about a very short-term period nothing that has much inherent predictability. Except maybe simple models of Newtonian physics or something.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Increased spending isn't an issue if you increase revenue as well... The rating decrease was a result of unwillingness to increase revenue mostly... Thus ever increasing deficits.

Not to mention the instability of the government (in both parties' refusal to cooperate on nearly anything).
    Well more accurately it was political brinkmanship and an unwillingness to balance the budget, yes. Still, I think it's pretty ironic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    It's often enough to sway undecided voters who haven't made a decision one way or another. That's why you shouldn't do it.
    We should have created a safe space

10+ Year Old Account
    No, I don't have a job Kallis, I bet my own money on things. Which means I have to know. Being a bullshit artist is not enough when you are self-employed. When I screw up, I lose money, not the British taxpayer.
    You are some bloke who spends his day dreaming of the day the big bet lands, Wetherspoons up and down the country are full of mugs like that.

In practice unless you are talking about a very short-term period nothing that has much inherent predictability. Except maybe simple models of Newtonian physics or something.
    Blanket statement. I forecast for a living, some metrics are highly predictable. Some aren't.

democracy
    dɪˈmɒkrəsi/
    noun
    noun: democracy

a system of government by the whole population or all the eligible members of a state, typically through elected representatives.
    "a system of parliamentary democracy"
    synonyms: representative government, elective government, constitutional government, popular
    A democracy means that the power is vested in the people. The people have spoken.

Like it or lump it makes no nevermind.

Sometimes u cant have the plebs have a say in things

I hear Pyongyang is nice this time of year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Humans generally are predictable, they do the stupidest thing possible for short term gain.

Deleted
    He looks like he's worn 7.5/10 of a suit before.

When was the last time you had a federal referendum?

Have you ever?

Of course there is inaccuracy in long term forecasts, but how much depends on the model and the inherent variance of the system.

Doubt it. On my cell, at work, with a bad tooth ache, so forgive me for not checking. I was only commenting that we don't see turnout that high for anything. I recall one local election where I could have won a state rep slot. The dude won by a couple hundred votes and ran Un apposed. I could get more votes than that easy. It's that bad here.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    Humans generally are predictable, they do the stupidest thing possible for short term gain.
    So then, Britain left for long term right?