View Poll Results: Will the UK break up in the near future?

Voters
230. This poll is closed
  • Yes

151 65.65%
  • No

79 34.35%
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I would love one of those gifts that shows you the years and a worldmap with the british empire. First it expands and then as years start to close up to modern day is crumbles faster and faster til there's just a small part of an island left.

Both Scotland and Gibraltar was heavy on the remain side.

I doubt Scotland will want to jump onto a sinking ship like the EU.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz View Post
    England has to realise that they dont make as much money as they think they do.
    England makes money, its just ponzi scheme money that could dry up at any moment (perhaps this moment).

Ahh fear-mongering at its finest. The UK will recover. The U.S. managed to survive with Bush Jr. as President.

Deleted
    I dont know how politics work in the UK. If the Scots decide to hold a second referendum about leaving, does this have to be approved by the UK goverment and parliament?

10+ Year Old Account
    It will. Scotland will jump ship first. Within the next two years for sure.
    I don't know if Northern Ireland will since they would most likely have to reunite with the Republic of Ireland to stay afloat.
    Wales will stick with England. Right up until the point they realise the giant mistake that's just been made. Possibly beyond, but who knows.

These are such uncertain times now.

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

Quote Originally Posted by draganid View Post
    it should break up, im kinda shocked brexit was the result of the vote, guess i gave the british too much credit lol
    hahahaha. Same. Good for my country though but I never thought the british would be so stupid to vote against their interests. Oh well, the silver lining for some may be that there is now hope that Trump could win. Never underestimate people's capacity to be tricked into working against their own interests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    It will. Scotland will jump ship first. Within the next two years for sure.
    I don't know if Northern Ireland will since they would most likely have to reunite with the Republic of Ireland to stay afloat.
    Wales will stick with England. Right up until the point they realise the giant mistake that's just been made. Possibly beyond, but who knows.

These are such uncertain times now.
    Why doesn't Ireland just join the UK?.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Ahh fear-mongering at its finest. The UK will recover. The U.S. managed to survive with Bush Jr. as President.
    I love this response, really. You know, it's not a good thing to use it because it is a tool of both sides, making it a very weak rhetorical weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Erathus View Post
    I dont know how politics work in the UK. If the Scots decide to hold a second referendum about leaving, does this have to be approved by the UK goverment and parliament?
    As far as I know, they need permission. But this is not the olden days where if Scotland declared independence then England would attack and try to suppress it. If there was another petition that reached a certain threshold then they would hold the referendum again, they would have to. It is the law. Then I guess if there was a popular vote for scotland to become independent, the UK government would set down a timetable for this to happen and then Scotland would get their own team in the Olympics. Truly the greatest reason to declare independence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    The Scots didn't exactly impress me much either with their chickening out on the independence vote, then putting the Tories back in power. As for Northern Ireland, leave it to sea erosion, massive waste of money.

The sooner they fuck off the better frankly.
    A) You were super anti-Independence. B) Even if all of Scotland voted Labour it wouldn't have mattered. The Tory Government is solely on England.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    A) You were super anti-Independence. B) Even if all of Scotland voted Labour it wouldn't have mattered. The Tory Government is solely on England.
    I am pro-independence. I want them to fuck off. Which part of that is difficult to understand?

As I patiently explained before, it wasn't solely the impact of the switch to the SNP in Scotland that led to Tory victory. Your argument is daily mail bullshit for the simple-minded.
    The major impact was on the 8% of the population in England who were concerned that an SNP-labour coalition would lead to the end of the union and who weren't natural conservatives. The Tories targetted this concern very effectively. They won significant numbers of votes from Unionists who would have voted Labour, LD or Green.

I hope it will, it would be a fantastic outcome for all that Northern Ireland oppression.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    That's because you are very uninformed, the Scots already decided that they want to be part of the EU.

I'm an American with little more than a cursory knowledge of UK politics, but given how close the Scottish vote a couple years back was and the fact that they voted to stay, I wouldn't be surprised to see them leave the UK and rejoin the EU.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone who thinks the discussion in Scotland this morning isn't "When can we vote to leave?" is delusional.

I am pro-independence. I want them to fuck off. Which part of that is difficult to understand?

As I patiently explained before, it wasn't solely the impact of the switch to the SNP in Scotland that led to Tory victory. Your argument is daily mail bullshit for the simple-minded.
    The major impact was on the 8% of the population in England who were concerned that an SNP-labour coalition would lead to the end of the union and who weren't natural conservatives. The Tories targetted this concern very effectively. They won significant numbers of votes from Unionists who would have voted Labour, LD or Green.
    Oh so basically victim blaming, huh. Idiots fall for fearmongering (why would Labour allow a second Referendum when that would deprive them of their majority?) or out themselves as essentially racists (as it seemed less about the 'end of the Union' and more about 'Scots wielding influence on the Government') and yet it's the Scot's fault.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are a lot of English out there high on nationalism and low on brain cells, the outcome doesn't shock me though it does surprise me in the wake of Jo Cox's murder and a month of football hooliganism from the sort of people of fly the Leave flag proudly. To throw your prime minister, currency and union to the sharks all because of an antiquated superiority complex forged from colonial times is darwinism on a national scale. Truly incredible and will be fascinating to see how this plays out. Seemingly a big education divide in the demographics voting for each, you wonder if those in favour of leaving truly understand the implications of what they've done.

England makes money, its just ponzi scheme money that could dry up at any moment (perhaps this moment).
    well they make a lot from Scotlands exports. and i reckon a fair bit from Irish Labour.

dont know about wales though... their.... a bit special....
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    Better stay on a sunk UK ship? It's obvious that the independent country of Scotland wants to remain in the EU rather than the uk, I fail to see how the Leave side in GB can argue for Scotland to stay in what the socttish view in more negative light an what the English view the EU.

EU needs to be reformed, no doubt about it, but it's hardly sinking ship.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz View Post
    most likely but alas, would that be a bad thing?

other countrys wouldnt be able to buly the smaller ones, and so on and so on...

it has its ups and downs, unfortionately most people dont see it till it hits them in the face.
    Yes, because large countries did definately not bully the small ones before the EU