Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Working for rewards too hard?

"Dungeons & Raids
    •Legion Dungeon Hero
    Complete the Legion Heroic Mythic dungeon achievements listed below. 20 points. Account Wide."

"I spotted this on a third party website and it´s in the new Beta build deployed several hours ago. Prior to this change, you required HC for the achievements, now it´s Mythic.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...ta-Build-21996
    I want to point out, that I do not belong to the achievement hunters of this game, but I do see a trend.
    At first, you take two dungeons away from LFD, even though transmogs or the order hall set are now inaccessible for the majority of players, leave alone the story and layout of said dungeons - things that might be worth a visit.
    Now, you also gate the dungeon achievement behind Mythic and while it´s not something I will go for, as I don´t care about these things, there might be people who do and they are now facing a hard time, not only trying to find a Mythic group, but also one that goes for the achievements.

To me,
    it seems like you are trying to force your players into the new "hip thing" which are Mythic Dungeons and I understand it to some degree.
    Mythic dungeons are the big thing at Legion and you want to promote it, but the gating of so much potential content and the rewards coming with it, I don´t know. It seems like history repeats itself when the majority of your community, is once again locked out from things they want to do and always could.
    I believe, most won´t care if Mythic drops better Ilvl´s, but to lose story, the open world set (kill all dungeon bosses), access to the new two piece set´s (only drop at Court of Stars and
    Arcway), several three star patterns and now achievements, seems like overkill
    Here a link, to the new set´s

http://beta.wowdb.com/item-sets?filter-build=21996
    Just my thoughts, again the achievements don´t matter to me, but the road this whole gating takes, is just very unsatisfying. "

Saw this lovely little bit that a blue replied to on the front page. What are yall's opinions? I personally find having to work a little bit and do mythic dungeons to get rewards a good reason to do them. The OP from this post literally complained that you have to work for a transmog class armor set...Why? What the hell is so wrong with actually having to have a little bit of skill in current content to get rewards from them? Ever since Blizzard went a little daily heavy in MoP I'm constantly seeing nothing but whining about working for stuff in game whether its gold, mounts, or transmog gear.

My issue with mythic dungeons is simple: I only have two friends left who play. I don't want to have to play with other people as I find a big percentage of them to be rage-filled nerdy guys who lack basic social skills.

I have no idea how the changes in "Legion" will affect my play, but I am at-best an average player. Arthritis and back issues have affected my dexterity and ability to concentrate. Aging sucks that way. So I am probably not good enough to do mythic dungeons anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster View Post
    My issue with mythic dungeons is simple: I only have two friends left who play. I don't want to have to play with other people as I find a big percentage of them to be rage-filled nerdy guys who lack basic social skills.

I have no idea how the changes in "Legion" will affect my play, but I am at-best an average player. Arthritis and back issues have affected my dexterity and ability to concentrate. Aging sucks that way. So I am probably not good enough to do mythic dungeons anyway.
    So you want to be able to queue with a bunch of randoms and be able to complete all the achieves for the mount with ease?
    Sylvanas Windrunner For Warchief 2016!!
    #NoFlyNoSub, #NoFlyNoLegion, #NoFlyNoBuy, #BringBackFlight

Deleted
    Raiding is too hard for those who have to work for rewards.

15+ Year Old Account

Most people have stated that the base line Mythic dungeon is about as tough as heroics were in WoD. If they are far too difficult you know Blizzard will nerf them quickly being they are the first gear up path before raids.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

I am not sure a mmo should be designed around anti social people.

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    I am not sure a mmo should be designed around anti social people.
    You DO play WoW, right?

10+ Year Old Account

So whats the difference between letting a matchmaking system put you into a group, vs the group finder tool allowing you to build your own group? Why do you like a system that forces you into a group with random assholes that you don't even know? Why?

So you slander others for lacking social skills, yet you refuse to socialize and find some more friends. Hypocrite much?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    So whats the difference between letting a matchmaking system put you into a group, vs the group finder tool allowing you to build your own group? Why do you like a system that forces you into a group with random assholes that you don't even know? Why?
    Personally I am in the camp that players who chose random queue do so at their own risk and forfeit rights to complain about the success rate of random queue groups. The choice is there, risk having a bad group or preform a group what one finds acceptable.

That being said, I do believe there needs to be moderation available to deal with griefers and at the least suspend their random queue privileges. There should not be a feature that protects griefers with a kick immunity. At the least such players should be getting flagged for moderator review.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2016-06-24 at 07:16 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    Most people have stated that the base line Mythic dungeon is about as tough as heroics were in WoD. If they are far too difficult you know Blizzard will nerf them quickly being they are the first gear up path before raids.
    Then why have so many difficulties, if one is obsolete?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TehTemplar View Post
    So you slander others for lacking social skills, yet you refuse to socialize and find some more friends. Hypocrite much?
    This is your assumption, and it is wrong. In fact, people like you are one of the reasons why the community has become so toxic.

Quote Originally Posted by JaceDraccus View Post
    You DO play WoW, right?
    I know right. Some guy in chat said that he thought MMA was fake and that WWE had better actors. Chat went crazy and there was even death threats to the guy. Even if it was a troll, that's pretty antisocial behaviour.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

People are pathetic. I am so glad that mythic dungeons have rewards that I can't just que for. The rewards become that much better because it takes more effort. Why should you have lv 3 patterns if you put no effort into them? Why should you get to see surmar dungeons if you don't do the main story (people whining about the "attunement" lol) I have fucking railed Blizzard over this abortion of an expansion called WoD, but lately I applaud all these decisions they are making. Blizzard sees how catering to casuals worked in WoD and are making bold decisions to make the game great again. And no WoD wasn't made just for raiders its not raid or die because of raids. Its raid or die or do garrisons that took all the fucking development time.

Deleted

Honestly seems like you are the root of the problem, not the game.

Sorry

Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    Then why have so many difficulties, if one is obsolete?
    Progression?
    Normals while levelling, Heroics at end of leveling (leading into normal raids), into mythics (leading into heroic raids) and mythic+(leading into mythic raids) for the final progression

I don't see how anything has changed. Previously the achievement asked you to perform some tasks in the most difficult mode of the dungeons. And you generaly needed a premade group for it.

If someone was unable to complete those achievements then, nothing has changed, he will still be unable to do so. If someone could, now he will be able as well.

Blizzard opened the door to casuals some years ago.

Now the game is full of whiners asking to nerf everything or make everything accessible with one click because they want all possible rewards/achievements/skins the game can offer (because of the "I pay, I'm entitled to it" mentality) but they don't want to put the effort to get them because they "don't have time".

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post

Now the game is full of whiners asking to nerf everything or make everything accessible with one click because they want all possible rewards/achievements/skins the game can offer (because of the "I pay, I'm entitled to it" mentality) but they don't want to put the effort to get them because they "don't have time".
    #notallcasuals

10+ Year Old Account

Actually you should be fine, because the 'default' Mythic dungeons aren't that bad. They're like BC heroics or pre-nerf Cataclysm heroics, quite challenging but entirely doable. Its when you get into the higher + ranks of them that stuff gets a bit brutal.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post

What a coincidence, now the forums are full of obnoxious idiots who stuff so much hyperbole into their already-childish generalizations that I'm surprised some of you don't have a stroke.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Deleted

I'm pretty sure it's not that hard to find a guild without "rage filled nerdy gys who lack basic social skills", so far I always found a guild like that and the realm I come from has a pretty bad reputation.