Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    Deleted

Why can't "the evil" win this time?

I'm kinda tired of this good-always-win thing. It's kinda boring to know that no matter what happens in this expansion, we will win anyways.

What if we killed some important bosses in this expansion and thought we were doing great but the truth is that those bosses were just lure-rabbits and something much bigger was happening behind the curtains and last patch of the expansion we find ourselfs on losing side, get kicked to balls and only few of heroes and important-characters survive by pure luck.
    After that next expansion will be 10-20 years after that event and those few now-old heroes try to fight back but because "winner writes history" happened , most of the commoners (both alliance and horde) hate those old heroes.

Edit:
    It seems that most people have only read the topic header and then come here to say "If evil wins, WoW ends. The end" and I should have known better and check how people read and comment in this forums before posting anything.

If you guy read comments in this thread there are many good ideas how things could go on after getting ass kicked by x enemy. Have a look, be open minded and give your idea how things could go on. For example there must be other places than just Azeroth, can't there? Who really knows what is hiding in infinite space?
    My first post in this thread, this one, was just one of the many possibilities there could happen.
    Last edited by mmoc85cf7401c3; 2016-06-24 at 06:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JustSaying View Post
    I'm kinda tired of this good-always-win thing. It's kinda boring to know that no matter what happens in this expansion, we will win anyways.

What if we killed some important bosses in this expansion and thought we were doing great but the truth is that those bosses were just lure-rabbits and something much bigger was happening behind the curtains and last patch of the expansion we find ourselfs on losing side, get kicked to balls and only few of heroes and important-characters survive by pure luck.
    After that next expansion will be 10-20 years after that event and those few now-old heroes try to fight back but because "winner writes history" happened , most of the commoners (both alliance and horde) hate those old heroes.
    Theoretically they have one the battle. they killed off both our leaders, and through both factions into turmoil.

some factions are going full on heretic against the alliance and Hordes views in legion, aka Worgen and Undead.

wouldnt be surprised if Blizzard does a shuffle would be awesome.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

Because if they win Azeroth is destroyed and WoW ends.

So, what kind of strange satisfaction would it give you, and how long would that last?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    So, what kind of strange satisfaction would it give you, and how long would that last?
    *Sigh*
    "It's kinda boring to know that no matter what happens in this expansion, we will win anyways."

What do you think? Maybe it bring something new and not so expected to this game?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Evil did just win, Xenophobes voted for the UK to leave the EU and won.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    Because if they win Azeroth is destroyed and WoW ends.
    I'm not that deep into the lore but what if in those 10-20 years those Old Gods would kick Legion's ass before they have time to destroy the world?
    Old Gods don't want to blow up the planet, right?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xantrus View Post
    Evil did just win, Xenophobes voted for the UK to leave the EU and won.
    I'm not on evil's side in RL and didn't really understand what was they thinking in the UK.
    Let's not go to politics in this thread, I just wanted to bring some new idea to this game that's all.

Deleted
    Evil won in MoP. Pandaria was fine until we came there and ruined it all.

We came, started wars, awakened bunch of bosses that weren't causing much trouble before we came and ruined entire 2 zones. We beat them all, but now large parts of Pandaria remain in ruins.

I'm not that deep into the lore but what if in those 10-20 years those Old Gods would kick Legion's ass before they have time to destroy the world?
    Old Gods don't want to blow up the planet, right?
    Old Gods can't stop Sargeras.

Weren't they responsible for corrupting him in the first place?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    Evil won in MoP. Pandaria was fine until we came there and ruined it all.

We came, started wars, awakened bunch of bosses that weren't causing much trouble before we came and ruined entire 2 zones. We beat them all, but now large parts of Pandaria remain in ruins.
    But what if that happened in bigger scale and we as heroes would had to start from scratch? Build trust to commoners from the shadows, fight bosses while having to cover our tracks etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because Blizzard can't write for toffee? Okay that's a tad bit harsh, they do have some quite good bits of story throughout Warcraft and WoW but I feel like if they tried to do a balanced "We lose." ending it'd end up being quite terrible. I mean they have a hard enough time doing the "We Win." endings as is. What's that? We can't have actually gotten strong enough to kill this massive threat after all these other events we've been successful in throughout previous expansions and this one and we still need to be told a special character and Macguffin are required/the threat is still not dead and will probably be back later after regenerating before we can defeat them. If anything the Lich King fight would've been the most appropriate to actually fail in. Instead of the instant kill he eventually does, he wears us down slowly until the last man/woman drops before reaping our souls with Frostmourne and Tirion remains encased in ice. Then the raid awakens inside Frostmourne and with the help of King Menethil and a vengeful spirit you somehow escape to find that you're all in a strange vault (where the completed encounter's loot drop actually comes from). After finding a way out you discover 6 months have passed and the Lich King was successful in invading the Northern hemisphere of Kalimdor and the Eastern Kingdoms whilst Dalaran has been completely razed and blighted but continues to hang limply in the sky. Then the next expansion would continue on from there.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Evil has been winning a few times until Blizzard waved the nerf bat at certain bosses

Evil can win some battles, but if it won the war wouldn't WoW be over (unless we all mained our DKs and went back to being evil?)

Deleted
    Bad guys deserve to lose.
    Good guys always win because inside their heads they know they are in the path of goodness and NEVER EVER at any given moment they feel any doubt about what they are doing.

Bad guys are always insecure, fragile, afraid and spoiled cowards inside. When the moment of truth arrives they break and shatter like a fragile egg.
    The moment they face death they have no balls to keep fighting because deep inside they know...they are bad guys.

tl;dr: I hate bad guys
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2016-06-24 at 07:51 AM.

"Struggles" make for a longer story than dead heroes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    Because Blizzard can't write for toffee? Okay that's a tad bit harsh, they do have some quite good bits of story throughout Warcraft and WoW but I feel like if they tried to do a balanced "We lose." ending it'd end up being quite terrible. I mean they have a hard enough time doing the "We Win." endings as is. What's that? We can't have actually gotten strong enough to kill this massive threat after all these other events we've been successful in throughout previous expansions and this one and we still need to be told a special character and Macguffin are required/the threat is still not dead and will probably be back later after regenerating before we can defeat them. If anything the Lich King fight would've been the most appropriate to actually fail in. Instead of the instant kill he eventually does, he wears us down slowly until the last man/woman drops before reaping our souls with Frostmourne and Tirion remains encased in ice. Then the raid awakens inside Frostmourne and with the help of King Menethil and a vengeful spirit you somehow escape to find that you're all in a strange vault (where the completed encounter's loot drop actually comes from). After finding a way out you discover 6 months have passed and the Lich King was successful in invading the Northern hemisphere of Kalimdor and the Eastern Kingdoms whilst Dalaran has been completely razed and blighted but continues to hang limply in the sky. Then the next expansion would continue on from there.
    That's kinda good idea. I guess there's no back for LK but can't Gul'dan drain your soul? What if he got our souls and leave our empty bodies untouched because of reasons? Then on next patch we fought our souls back to our bodies etc etc?

Deleted
    But what if that happened in bigger scale and we as heroes would had to start from scratch? Build trust to commoners from the shadows, fight bosses while having to cover our tracks etc.
    That could be fun. We'd get WoW 2 (as in new game, not patch 2.0). However I don't think it would work. We are all super heroes now, the only evil that can beat us is something that can destroy entire planet. There would be nothing left.

Sargeras will blow up Azeroth outright if he wins (He has done it to another planet in a similar state of old god infestation), so where would the story go from there?

Quote Originally Posted by dr2022 View Post
    Weren't they responsible for corrupting him in the first place?
    No. Sargeras found out about the old gods taking over worlds in the cosmos and decided he would wipe out these planets infected by the them. Basically, mortals are simply in the way of Sargeras because we are protecting our infected planet. Oldgods are basically big virus sent from the void lords into the cosmos, taking root blindlessly into countless worlds in search of nascent titan to corrupt them and transform them in the ultimate weapon of destruction. Sargeras is simply doing his work as a protector of the cosmos, but doing so without any regards for living creatures of a planet, that's why he is seen as the biggest current threat. He is the most powerful being currently in the Great Dark Beyond. If there are more powerful entity, it would be void lords, but they can't fully manifest into the physical realm, so they aren't a direct threat.

Well if the Legion wins the war they won't just rule this world, they will consume it like every realm they come across, so there won't be anyone here after 10-20 years. It would be the end of the Warcraft IP.