10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bambs View Post
    But they'll have precedent after the Scots became the first to rejoin the EU as a soverign nation.
    Eire can not afford the union and the Northern Irish do not want it, so what Sinn Fein want is not really relevant.

Scotland can (or at least could before oil pulnged) potentially afford to go independent, though they would still need handouts from the EU to survive in the state they are currently in, so the situations are not comparable.

Quote Originally Posted by risingforce View Post
    Happy Independence Day !!!
    Happy Independence Day

Movie Independence Day was released on the 23rd June also

https://mobile.twitter.com/LondonEco...47581748068352

The UK is no longer the world's 5th largest economy. The £ has fallen so far that France has overtaken us. #EUref

Quote Originally Posted by Fadeslol View Post
    This is the thing. If the British people vote to leave, that's their choice. Just because they are going against the tide doesnt mean its wrong.

If the US wants to vote Trump, thats their choice, that's freedom to choose who the want to be President.
    yes, but you must concede that at least there was in this case a strong correlation between low education and brexit approval rating...
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by garr21 View Post
    I love how you all suddenly wish death on us for not agreeing with you all. It just shows how big of hypocrites you all are. The working class have spoken your only argument was to call us all racist and that argument seems to have not worked. Take this as a chance to think about why calling people xenophobic and racist as a way to intmidate people will only backfire. Instead of of saying "ok cools it was nice to know you" you all have thrown a collective hissy fit.
    The vast, vast majority of 'working class' that voted to leave are either retired, or will not be working by the time a full exit is completed. The rest are literally uneducated morons. But, thanks for fucking over the people it will affect, ie the people who voted to remain.
    Speciation Is Gradual

Deleted
    How many other EU nations will envoke a referendum now?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaira View Post
    Tickets booked and paid for I'm going this Saturday.
    Bon voyage, arrivederci, Auf Wiedersehen und gute Reise

And above all else, goodbye.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    Happy Independence Day

Movie Independence Day was released on the 23rd June also
    This is a stupid concept. Any time anything goes wrong in the next few years, whether it is to do with the eu or not, that is going to come back to haunt the brexiteers.

Quote Originally Posted by MissMin View Post
    Italy FOR SURE.

Hold tight, its going to be a rough ride guys.

EU can't survive as it is. There is no fucking way. EU needs more democracy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Eire can not afford the union and the Northern Irish do not want it, so what Sinn Fein want is not really relevant.

Scotland can (or at least could before oil pulnged) potentially afford to go independent, though they would still need handouts from the EU to survive in the state they are currently in, so the situations are not comparable.
    "We can vote out of EU but Scotland can't leave us or they'll be worse off"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulmita View Post
    Italy FOR SURE.

Hold tight, its going to be a rough ride guys.

EU can't survive as it is. There is no fucking way. EU needs more democracy.
    Italy? Really? I didnt think the EU was too hated there, I was expecting more like Holland etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    yes, but you must concede that at least there was in this case a strong correlation between low education and brexit approval rating...
    Or maybe it is the people that want to stay lower educated. It goes both ways. How people define education.

10+ Year Old Account
    From across the pond...I cant believe you guys pulled this off. <3 to the UK.
    Reminder to self, this is what your dealing with on mmo-c ot
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Incidentally, I have no issue with deceiving stupid people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    I consider anyone right of Obama to be stupid, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Austilias View Post
    PR would have left us with the terrible and ineffectual coalition governments that the Weimar Republic was so famed for, and which certain countries are still known for even now.

Most of the outcry for AV/PR has, in my experience, been from people who are terribly upset that the majority in FPTP is not their majority. Many of these seem people are likewise quite disappointed that today's majority was likewise not theirs
    The problem with FPTP is it gives situations where a party can receive less than 40% of the popular vote and gain 100% of the government power, the latest UK election saw the UK public voting for a wider arrange of political parties than ever before and as a result was the least representative of people's actual preferences.

As has been explained before, the worst part of this referendum is the people who won are mostly on the older side and won't be affected as much, whilst the younger people who mostly wanted to remain in the EU will have to deal with the consequences for their entire working lives.

Deleted
    It all depends by how bad the market will respond to this. If the UK is left untouched, France, Netherlands, Italy and many more will more likely request to get out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    wisdom? experience? they voted against their economic interests just because teh braun peopl took ur jerbs!
    I imagine they voted for more important reasons than a southpark meme and yes they terk der jerbs which helped the leave vote.

Deleted
    Italy? Really? I didnt think the EU was too hated there, I was expecting more like Holland etc.
    The "5 stars movement" has gained loads of votes and they are considered "euro sceptic" although much more reasonable than farrage.

Italians hate the German hegemony (like everyone else in EU) and how they are forcing them to follow their own economical agenda.
    The events we are witnessing are products of German stupidity and the inability of the rest of the EU to tell them to go fuck themselves.

Deleted
    well that was grim news to wake up to.

RIP UK. Scotland will hold another referendum soon and leave, this is by far the stupidest thing the UK has done recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexeht View Post
    I think this is single stupidest thing I read today. Or even this week.
    sadly some people believe everything they read in media, and often don't actually think about what is been said, they accept it because it comes from someone with a title or a qualification, that's not very good, it's better to consider things for yourself and have a little bit of confidence that you can actually understand things yourself.