Quote Originally Posted by Ulmita View Post
    Millions results on the subject.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016...t-being-fired/

Germany is imposing its own rules to even ECB. EU biggest creditor has shitons of power and they abuse it constantly.
    We have seen Germany Eurogroup after Eurogroup saying what and when shit will go down

If you don't grasp this, i may need to ask in which continent you are living.
    Uuuh, the Telegraph. They're known for their journalistic integrity. Fucking bow down to your new nazi overlords!

Well, not if you're in the UK, of course. But for the rest of you lot, bow down!
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -primordial View Post
    Too soon to tell, but Scotland will have another indyref and certainly win this time around, and eventually join EU.
    No way of knowing that for sure, it isn't even a known fact how big the EU issue was in the first indyref.

Let's look at the results from a non binary POV: 25.5% of Scotland voted to leave, 41.5% of Scotland voted to stay, 33% didn't care enough to vote.

So there is no guarantee that a second Indyref will automatically come back "Yes" when the only two things that have changed since the first one are something most Scots either approve of or don't care about, and David Cameron resigning (something I imagine most Scots would see as a positive for the UK, but that's just my opinion).

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Uuuh, the Telegraph. They're known for their journalistic integrity. Fucking bow down to your new nazi overlords!

Well, not if you're in the UK, of course. But for the rest of you lot, bow down!
    We should have kicked you out and kept UK. That was the fatal mistake of EU.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    An argument where you lose the ability to put money on the table is extremely persuasive.

This is the thing, UKIP were branded as racists, but they appealed to people whose livelihoods were threatened by increased competition. The sheer numbers of Polish people in the UK, and the threat of others coming, is what caused our exit.

There were too many people in too short a timeframe for the country to adapt.
    They were free threatened because they screamed and cried instead of adapting. A million Poles isn't going to destroy anyone's life who wasn't failing already.

Now let's sit back and watch as either the UK government puts a quota on fish or mass depletion of fish stocks. Fishermen deserve that too

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Strear View Post
    I wonder how you'll handle all those people hoping to reach UK when we'll let them cross the channel now ?

Anyway, the Brexit is an opportunity to reform Europe, and for the other countries expecting to " do the same ", I think UK did it and jumped into it : time will tell them if they shoud " follow " or " remain ".

Honestly, I hope for the people, that it will be okay, even out of the EU. After all, even I ever voted wrong (against Maastricht) and I admit I was wrong. Anyway, let's say than in 10 years the Brexit was a total disaster for the country, I wonder if UK would apply again. My wondering right now is " Would UK be pragmatic and ask to come back, or pride would be first ? "
    Eeeeexactly. France will be more than happy to send them across to an external country.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulmita View Post
    We should have kicked you out and kept UK. That was the fatal mistake of EU.
    lol, come let it out... put it here in the open, throw it at me. I love this shit.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    It all depends by how bad the market will respond to this. If the UK is left untouched, France, Netherlands, Italy and many more will more likely request to get out.
    They just cut the GDP forecast by 0.3% this year and by 1.4% next year.

They lost 122 billion pounds in stock and investment value in just 4 hours.

They fell behind France in economic size a few hours after brexit was declared victorious.

IMF predicts 1-2% recession for 2017,2018,2019.

This is just hours afterwards, it's going to get worse, if the British government doesn't represent a plan to keep Scotland, Northern Ireland happy and how they will stabilize their economy when being out of the EU, it's going to keep going down, investors are pulling all their resources out of the UK right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    Then maybe you should question those governments, doesn't sound very free or pro-democratic if they won't "allow" their own people to vote on something like this.
    People are dumb...especially as a collective. Thats why direct Democracy doesnt work.

Why not vote if People want to pay taxes and then deal with that fallout as well?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronduwil View Post
    Make the entire world one big raid. Everyone huddles in cities until they can find 19 other adventurers to group with. Then they gradually trash pull their way through the zone

Luke Skywalker was an angry young male from the desert, who was indoctrinated by a religious fringe member, and joined a terror plot to blow up a major military installation. Luke is a 9/11 pilot...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    They were free threatened because they screamed and cried instead of adapting. A million Poles isn't going to destroy anyone's life who wasn't failing already.

Now let's sit back and watch as either the UK government puts a quota on fish or mass depletion of fish stocks. Fishermen deserve that too
    Look how many votes we lost by, then look how many people we let in, people almost invariably vote based on their own situation for self serving reasons.

Everyone knew that the issue was with the numbers of Polish people, yet we did nothing about it, mostly because the EU refused to let anyone do anything about it due to it being some retarded core philosophy.

Doing nothing has come back to bite us (and that includes both the UK and EU) on the arse. We knew the concerns, we failed to address them.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    No way of knowing that for sure, it isn't even a known fact how big the EU issue was in the first indyref.

Let's look at the results from a non binary POV: 25.5% of Scotland voted to leave, 41.5% of Scotland voted to stay, 33% didn't care enough to vote.

So there is no guarantee that a second Indyref will automatically come back "Yes" when the only two things that have changed since the first one are something most Scots either approve of or don't care about, and David Cameron resigning (something I imagine most Scots would see as a positive for the UK, but that's just my opinion).
    After today's result, nothing can be said for sure. Interesting times to say the least are ahead for us.

Scotland staying within UK but outside EU makes zero sense whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    To some people, choosing to leave the EU seems insane, but it's very brave, and very wise. To the people of Britain, well done, you have taken your country back, and have faith. Be of good courage. Things are going to get a whole lot better in the long run, you will look back at this and see it as one of the best decisions the nation ever made.

Full congratulations you've won a victory for democracy, the world watches and you have inspired a lot of people. Now go in strength, hope, and enthusiasm, don't let yourself down or all those people watching you, your thriving will be an even boost to them.
    Good post, thank you

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Koji2k11 View Post
    i know dude i've been reading up alot on this matter it's sad people decided to leave we already see the consequences i was laughing more about the leavers summ up dont hate me please
    nothing or nobody to hate. just together in grief!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Cameron is resigning. "Welp! I'm outta here!"
    Most inelegant retreat ever.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dakushisai View Post
    They just cut the GDP forecast by 0.3% this year and by 1.4% next year.

They lost 122 billion pounds in stock and investment value in just 4 hours.

They fell behind France in economic size a few hours after brexit was declared victorious.

IMF predicts 1-2% recession for 2017,2018,2019.

This is just hours afterwards, it's going to get worse, if the British government doesn't represent a plan to keep Scotland, Northern Ireland happy and how they will stabilize their economy when being out of the EU, it's going to keep going down, investors are pulling all their resources out of the UK right now.
    Basically put, EU has a golden opportunity to make an example of anti EU sentiment. And keep in mind, UK is an island with its own money. A continental country in within the euro would be 10 times more affected.

Tim Farron, what a fucking ridiculous little twat.

Quote Originally Posted by Baikalsan View Post
    A union that threatens and bullies its members.

A union that makes secretive trade deals where not even national parliaments are allowed to read or talk about them.

A union that opened borders for more crime.

A union that let Greece, Portugal, Ireland join.

A union that in the past ignored referendums.
    1: Who is bullying who? How do you bully yourself? EU has rules and member's agreed to follow those rules;
    2: They aren't making secret deals, negotiations are secret but that is common enough and parliaments need to vote on the deals.
    3: open borders also brings benefits, also given how large parts of English people act abroad should the rest of us prevent English tourist?
    4: What's the argument? We let the UK join and tbh they are more pain in the ass than greece
    5: EU doesn't need to follow national referendums, the respective governments need to follow national referendums if it's binding. Why does the French government follow lets say a UK referendum?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post

Just saying, could just be a storm in a tea cup.

Petition For 2nd EU Ref So Popular It Crashes Website

The Government website page received more than 80,000 signatures - with nearly 10,000 in just one hour.

A House of Commons spokeswoman said: "UK Parliament and the Government Digital Service are aware of the issue and are working on this to ensure the site is working well.

"The site was temporarily down for some users due to high volumes of users."

Should you care to see if it's working, here's the link https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/131215

Deleted
    Aaaaaaaaaand the vultures start circling only hours after the results

Brexit: Sinn Fein To Push For United Ireland Vote

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b017b379f586f9

Brexit: Spain proposes 'shared sovereignty' over Gibraltar

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016...ter-brexit-vo/

Nicola Sturgeon says Scotland sees its future as part of the EU as Brexit confirmed

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7099286.html

Seriously! How are English people not freaked out about this? There is a strong possibility that the UK could dissolve in the following years.
    Why doesn't anyone care about this?

Deleted
    Lol... 2nd EU referendum...

"No no no hold on two out of three!!"

Deleted
    This is long from over. Majority of Northern Ireland voted to remain. DUP wanted to leave, Sinn Finn wanted to stay. Now that the majority wanted to stay, but we're out voted by the English, Sinn Finn will use this in their campaign to leave the UK and start a vote for a united Ireland, because by becoming united with Ireland, Northern Ireland will be back in the EU.

Edit: fuck auto correct
    Last edited by mmoc3711817e2e; 2016-06-24 at 10:01 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Undead Puppy View Post
    Aaaaaaaaaand the vultures start circling only hours after the results

Brexit: Sinn Fein To Push For United Ireland Vote

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b017b379f586f9

Brexit: Spain proposes 'shared sovereignty' over Gibraltar

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016...ter-brexit-vo/

Nicola Sturgeon says Scotland sees its future as part of the EU as Brexit confirmed

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7099286.html

Seriously! How are English people not freaked out about this? There is a strong possibility that the UK could dissolve in the following years.
    Why doesn't anyone care about this?
    Didn't think Id live to see the day.