Quote Originally Posted by Dakushisai View Post
    They just cut the GDP forecast by 0.3% this year and by 1.4% next year.

They lost 122 billion pounds in stock and investment value in just 4 hours.

They fell behind France in economic size a few hours after brexit was declared victorious.

IMF predicts 1-2% recession for 2017,2018,2019.

This is just hours afterwards, it's going to get worse, if the British government doesn't represent a plan to keep Scotland, Northern Ireland happy and how they will stabilize their economy when being out of the EU, it's going to keep going down, investors are pulling all their resources out of the UK right now.
    it goes to show many would rather be a hungry stray dog but free then a better fed dog tied to a tree
    sometimes freedom is more important
    Last edited by Vyxn; 2016-06-24 at 10:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sathnick View Post
    People are dumb...especially as a collective. Thats why direct Democracy doesnt work.

Why not vote if People want to pay taxes and then deal with that fallout as well?
    Sounds very controlling, arrogant and disdainful of people. People certainly make dumb choices especially those who think themselves too clever.. but you will be in for a lot of surprises if you hedge your bets on that. People may go along up to a point, some more so than others, but don't right them off like that because something makes sense to you that they don't agree with it or go along with.

it's actually quite foolish to think you know better than someone for themselves, or think yourself so much better because you regard yourself as cleverer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Undead Puppy View Post
    Aaaaaaaaaand the vultures start circling only hours after the results

Brexit: Sinn Fein To Push For United Ireland Vote

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b017b379f586f9

Brexit: Spain proposes 'shared sovereignty' over Gibraltar

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016...ter-brexit-vo/

Nicola Sturgeon says Scotland sees its future as part of the EU as Brexit confirmed

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7099286.html

Seriously! How are English people not freaked out about this? There is a strong possibility that the UK could dissolve in the following years.
    Why doesn't anyone care about this?
    I do! But people voted out of their anger of immigrants and what the UK were payin instead of the other areas effected.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Undead Puppy View Post
    Aaaaaaaaaand the vultures start circling only hours after the results

Brexit: Sinn Fein To Push For United Ireland Vote

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b017b379f586f9

Brexit: Spain proposes 'shared sovereignty' over Gibraltar

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016...ter-brexit-vo/

Nicola Sturgeon says Scotland sees its future as part of the EU as Brexit confirmed

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7099286.html

Seriously! How are English people not freaked out about this? There is a strong possibility that the UK could dissolve in the following years.
    Why doesn't anyone care about this?
    Gibraltar will probably tell Spain to fuck off and Sinn Fein do not have the political clout in Northern Ireland to get what they want. Scotland may leave.

Quote Originally Posted by -primordial View Post
    Just saying, could just be a storm in a tea cup.

Petition For 2nd EU Ref So Popular It Crashes Website

The Government website page received more than 80,000 signatures - with nearly 10,000 in just one hour.

A House of Commons spokeswoman said: "UK Parliament and the Government Digital Service are aware of the issue and are working on this to ensure the site is working well.

"The site was temporarily down for some users due to high volumes of users."

Should you care to see if it's working, here's the link https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/131215
    Yeah well, that petition for a second referendum is bollocks if you ask me. almost 50% of the Britons voted remain, of course they would love a second chance. But that's not how democracy works. They had their chance to convince the majority. They failed. This is the democratic will of the British people. You can't have a do-over everytime you lose a vote.

This is final. The UK wants out, and that's that.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    it goes to show many would rater be a hungry stray dog but free then a better fed dog tied to a tree
    some time freedom is more important
    Lol freedom. Freedom from what. From international economy? Lol what the hell do you guys think you voted for... Freedom? Ahahah nah.

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    Right so the best thing to do would be to split the country, leavers can stay in one half, and remainers can stay in the other.

That sounds great.
    Told ya, should have sent the leavers to British Antarctica.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Gibraltar will probably tell Spain to fuck off and Sinn Fein do not have the political clout in Northern Ireland to get what they want. Scotland may leave.
    Northern Ireland can stay northern Ireland and leave UK.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    Sounds very controlling, arrogant and disdainful of people. People certainly make dumb choices especially those who think themselves too clever.. but you will be in for a lot of surprises if you hedge your bets on that. People may go along up to a point, some more so than others, but don't right them off like that because something makes sense to you that they don't agree with it or go along with.

it's actually quite foolish to think you know better than someone for themselves, or think yourself so much better because you regard yourself as cleverer.
    Yeah? Have a vote on abolishing taxes. See how that goes...
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Yeah well, that petition for a second referendum is bollocks if you ask me. almost 50% of the Britons voted remain, of course they would love a second chance. But that's not how democracy works. They had their chance to convince the majority. They failed. This is the democratic will of the British people. You can't have a do-over everytime you lose a vote.

This is final. The UK wants out, and that's that.
    You heard the man!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Lol... 2nd EU referendum...

"No no no hold on two out of three!!"
    nae, let us settle this with good ol'fashioned 'tug of war'.....

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    It's highly unlikely that the UK will be 'irrelevant'. Hopefully other countries will follow the UK and ditch the EU as well and focus on going back to forging positive trade deals between each other which is what the EU was meant to focus on instead of meddling in multiple aspects of our lives.
    Weirdly enough, UK was one of the strongest supporters of Single European Act that created the foundation of modern EU.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Then maybe you should question those governments, doesn't sound very free or pro-democratic if they won't "allow" their own people to vote on something like this.
    We're free to vote for Anti-Eu politicians when we vote for our parliment, but opening as big a can of lying fear mongering as Cameron did is just stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaira View Post
    Oh I am very fucking freaked out, I don't usually swear but I am in shock with this country I call home it's populace I honestly don't have the words to describe how I feel, Put it this way I was firmly leave until I decided to educate myself, sadly a lot of my countrymen decided not to educate themselves.

It's time to sit back and watch the shit hit the proverbial fan.

And Slant I am sorry people feel the need to sling insults at Germany and her people they are closed minded and live in the past hopefully open minded people like myself can move forward into the future.
    *shrug* We don't expect anything else at this point, to be honest. It's commonly accepted that we're to blame for everything that goes wrong on the continent. I've stopped giving a fuck about it a while ago. This forum really helped me grow a much, much thicker skin regarding that. The first time Cybran ran off his mouth with foam flying everywhere I was a bit shocked that people like that actually ran around in the wild. Not anymore...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by -primordial View Post
    nae, let us settle this with good ol'fashioned 'tug of war'.....
    We can pull more

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Northern Ireland can stay northern Ireland and leave UK.
    They have people who have literally fought to remain a part of the UK, their attachment to the Crown is strong.

It is elitist like your self is the reason the Brits voted to leave

i rather be a free fool then be controlled by smug elitist

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Yeah? Have a vote on abolishing taxes. See how that goes...
    California Did it - Worked out wonderful.

Oh I am very fucking freaked out, I don't usually swear but I am in shock with this country I call home it's populace I honestly don't have the words to describe how I feel, Put it this way I was firmly leave until I decided to educate myself, sadly a lot of my countrymen decided not to educate themselves.

And Slant I am sorry people feel the need to sling insults at Germany and her people they are closed minded and live in the past hopefully open minded people like myself can move forward into the future.
    "Education" because they don't vote like you. Ok.

Deleted

Come to Ireland! English speaking country, back on running, and soon host of most of international business that wants to deal with the EU