View Poll Results: Will the UK break up in the near future?

Voters
230. This poll is closed
  • Yes

151 65.65%
  • No

79 34.35%
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keosen View Post
    Maybe.
    The bad thing about this is that since Germany failed to indirectly conquer Europe it might fell back to old habits and try to do it the traditional way once more.
    With what? The Berlin firebrigade? Can't think of a more offensive force we've got right now. Heck, Greece could conquer Germany right now lol, they got a tip-top shape military compared to the German one and given the political atmosphere it is highly unlikely anyone could establish militaristic agenda again.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    As shocking as the Brexit reality is, I'm not sure if breaking up the UK is the most intelligent idea. Although, it may mean that there is a chance for both Scotland and N. Ireland to enjoy the benefits of the EU, the cost to local economy (not to mention the costs and economic disaster with the exit itself) may need to be weighed.

I think the largest problem with the Brexit is the nonsense propaganda from supporters with no factual claim and an almost... Infantile voter pool willing to believe words like "experts are wrong, because we have insider information you don't that we can't tell you". To be frank... The decision is about as ludicrous as Texas succeeding from the rest of America. Short sighted, fueled by racism with promises of financial independence, even though the long term economic blight will only slowly whittle away at what little spare resources one would have.

It's like. If the U.S. tried to revolt from the British Empire without the economic boon of owning slaves.

(Hint, slavery wasn't abolished for almost 90 years for a reason, and that reason definitely wasn't morality. It was money.)
    Last edited by Manabomb; 2016-06-24 at 09:28 AM.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

The Brexit is the best thing that could have happened. There is plenty of money to be made now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenblade View Post
    With what? The Berlin firebrigade? Can't think of a more offensive force we've got right now. Heck, Greece could conquer Germany right now lol, they got a tip-top shape military compared to the German one and given the political atmosphere it is highly unlikely anyone could establish militaristic agenda again.
    The Netherlands will help you. We even have a combined air force unit I think. Then again we probably don't have bullets.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    the long term economic blight will only slowly whittle away at what little spare resources one would have.
    We have an educated populace. Don't need any other resources.

It's like. If the U.S. tried to revolt from the British Empire without the economic boon of owning slaves.
    6/10.

Almost responded properly to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenblade View Post
    Hahah Berlin Firebrigade to the rescue

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Which one is a kneejerk reaction? Scotland leaving would not be; the most significant concern over Scottish independence was their status in the EU. If a referendum is held in the next two years (which even optimistic proponents of BREXIT admit will be rough) the chances are very much in favor of independence. It was even discussed openly after the referendum was had and campaigning for it already exists.

The sterling plummeting IS a kneejerk reaction. But that is entirely the nature of the markets. Heck considering that they historically always overreact to everything I am not sure we can actually call it a kneejerk.
    The movement of sterling was the kneejerk. Its typical markets. Move on the rumour and correct as the facts become available.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
    There are a lot of English out there high on nationalism and low on brain cells, the outcome doesn't shock me though it does surprise me in the wake of Jo Cox's murder and a month of football hooliganism from the sort of people of fly the Leave flag proudly. To throw your prime minister, currency and union to the sharks all because of an antiquated superiority complex forged from colonial times is darwinism on a national scale. Truly incredible and will be fascinating to see how this plays out. Seemingly a big education divide in the demographics voting for each, you wonder if those in favour of leaving truly understand the implications of what they've done.
    As a British person... holy fucking shit that was brutal and true.

As shocking as the Brexit reality is, I'm not sure if breaking up the UK is the most intelligent idea. Although, it may mean that there is a chance for both Scotland and N. Ireland to enjoy the benefits of the EU, the cost to local economy (not to mention the costs and economic disaster with the exit itself) may need to be weighed.

I think the largest problem with the Brexit is the nonsense propaganda from supporters with no factual claim and an almost... Infantile voter pool willing to believe words like "experts are wrong, because we have insider information you don't that we can't tell you". To be frank... The decision is about as ludicrous as Texas succeeding from the rest of America. Short sighted, fueled by racism with promises of financial independence, even though the long term economic blight will only slowly whittle away at what little spare resources one would have.

(Hint, slavery wasn't abolished for almost 90 years for a reason, and that reason definitely wasn't morality. It was money.)
    Someone salty the howe brothers had a 4:5:1 advantage on their side and lost britain the war?

Deleted
    There's but hoping!

Quote Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
    There are a lot of English out there high on nationalism and low on brain cells, the outcome doesn't shock me though it does surprise me in the wake of Jo Cox's murder and a month of football hooliganism from the sort of people of fly the Leave flag proudly. To throw your prime minister, currency and union to the sharks all because of an antiquated superiority complex forged from colonial times is darwinism on a national scale. Truly incredible and will be fascinating to see how this plays out. Seemingly a big education divide in the demographics voting for each, you wonder if those in favour of leaving truly understand the implications of what they've done.
    See, I don't believe this. I think there were a lot of high school educated working people who were getting squeezed by globalization, they were worried about it and nobody in power was paying attention to them. Immigration is part of it because immigration was a threat to their livelihoods too. Same thing is behind the Trump phenomena too. Someone in power should've addressed their concerns long ago.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Keosen View Post
    Maybe.
    The bad thing about this is that since Germany failed to indirectly conquer Europe it might fell back to old habits and try to do it the traditional way once more.
    I think you forgot who the Chancellor of Germany is.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    See, I don't believe this. I think there were a lot of high school educated working people who were getting squeezed by globalization, they were worried about it and nobody in power was paying attention to them. Immigration is part of it because immigration was a threat to their livelihoods too. Same thing is behind the Trump phenomena too. Someone in power should've addressed their concerns long ago.
    Gloabalization doesn't stop because the UK left the EU. Now the UK will have to fight its corner alone without the collective bargaining power that the EU gave them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirkzat View Post
    Following the Brexit that is now a reality, I want to ask my fellow forumers about their predictions on the future of the UK. People of both Northern Ireland and Scotland have been forced to leave the European Union, and it is expected that in the foreseeable future they will both hold independence referendums.

I am very much for breaking up this dysfunctional union that is the UK, and I am confident that my fellow Europeans too wish to see the Scottish and Northern Irish people be part of our path toward unity and prosperity. I am also confident that independence referendums will take place, and the UK will cease to be as it is. In the end, England will take a loss much greater than any other entity involved beginning in their EU referendum and ending in the independence referendum of the last country to leave their union in the near future.
    To upheld the general democratic referendum where UK left the EU, so shall Scotland and Northern Irland must be allowed to make a referendum about there status.
    The UK is a mini EU, now Scotland and NI want to leave it, let's see how democratic this turns out xD

About the Brexit thing, i am glad they left, tho I must admit that UK left so fast when things got hard, kinda makes you wander how trusty they are in general, a friend is beside you in good and hard times ... oh well

Holy shit. My mum came into my room to bring me a cup of tea and I literally screamed at her and hit the cup of tea out of her hand. She started yelling and swearing at me and I slammed the door on her. I'm so distressed right now I don't know what to do. I didn't mean to do that to my mum but I'm literally in shock from the results this morning. I feel like I'm going to explode. Why the fucking fuck are they losing? This can't be happening. I'm having a fucking breakdown. I don't want to believe the UK is so corrupt. I want a future to believe in. I want Juncker to be president and take over this broken country. I cannot fucking deal with this right now. It wasn't supposed to be like this, I thought they were polling well in Birmingham???? This is so fucked.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    The Netherlands will help you. We even have a combined air force unit I think. Then again we probably don't have bullets.
    The Netherlands and Germany have a combined navy as of Februari 2016. Also Germany has given the Netherlands tanks due to this cooperation.

Anyway, I can definitly see Gibraltar and Scotland leave the UK. Also, NI could not have the voting power to say ''fuck it, we're leaving'' right now. But it might have in the future. Who knows. This is just one giant mess.

Edit: And a combined air force aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by Chetnik View Post
    Holy shit. My mum came into my room to bring me a cup of tea and I literally screamed at her and hit the cup of tea out of her hand. She started yelling and swearing at me and I slammed the door on her. I'm so distressed right now I don't know what to do. I didn't mean to do that to my mum but I'm literally in shock from the results this morning. I feel like I'm going to explode. Why the fucking fuck are they losing? This can't be happening. I'm having a fucking breakdown. I don't want to believe the UK is so corrupt. I want a future to believe in. I want Juncker to be president and take over this broken country. I cannot fucking deal with this right now. It wasn't supposed to be like this, I thought they were polling well in Birmingham???? This is so fucked.
    Oh this copypasta resurfaces.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    Its more likely the EU will break up first.
    This is what I think could happen. There are a large number of the population in Europe who are anti-EU as well.

Nicola Sturgeon is now giving her reaction. She says the vote in favour in Scotland was “significant” as it came after positive case for immigration. The vote is a sign of divergence between Scotland and the rest of the UK, she adds.

She says taking the UK out of the EU against the will of Scots is “democratically unacceptable”.

The vote represents a material change to the terms under which Scotland against independence.

Sturgeon says she intends to explore all means possible of maintaining Scotland’s place in the EU. She has called for an urgent meeting with the President of the European Commission.

Sturgeon says she has talked to London Mayor Sadiq Khan who shares her views about London’s place in the EU.
    Shit might get really crazy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chetnik View Post
    Please tell me this is sarcasm