Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    That's essentially what it was, both sides scaremongering and lying meant certainty was impossible
    Exactly, so is it any wonder people are upset when the most of the winners of the coin-toss will be retiring and/or dying soon whilst most of the losers have to live their entire lives according to it?

Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    Well, that's the EUs doom right there. Europe is now likely to crumble. Removing a super power from the world as well as the stability of the region we've known since WWII. Beginning of the end, folks. People have forgotten what the world was like before the EU. I guess future generations will pay the price of that.
    Speaking of Remain camp fearmongering...
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Argh, the Leave camp -won-? That's not what the polls predicted...

Well, that's the EUs doom right there. Europe is now likely to crumble. Removing a super power from the world as well as the stability of the region we've known since WWII. Beginning of the end, folks. People have forgotten what the world was like before the EU. I guess future generations will pay the price of that.
    It could also make the EU stronger because it realizes it needs to reform. It is really hard to predict what is going to happen to be honest. It also depends a lot on how painful the Brexit turns out to be for both the UK and the EU. But I agree with you on the ramifications that this has on the stability of the region. We do not want to go back to a Europe that is divided.

10+ Year Old Account
    How did you expect people to react really? This decision will shape the direction the UK will be going in for decades.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyonis View Post
    I'd argue against this. Most civilians are not able to make educated political decisions, yet these people are the majority of voters. So campaigners result to playing on fears.

Note that this post is not for or against Brexit in any way, I just hate the way it went.
    And the alternative is let unelected dictators like Merkel choose the path for us, which is USE and what the majority of the EU citizens don't want. No thanks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vilendor View Post
    And the alternative is let unelected dictators like Merkel choose the path for us, which is USE and what the majority of the EU citizens don't want. No thanks.
    Well, there's a reason we normally vote for representatives instead of for decisions. I'm not advocating dictatorship, just pointing out a flaw in OP's reasoning (democracy is not perfect and certainly not always fair).There's still a lot that can be improved.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd argue against this. Most civilians are not able to make educated political decisions, yet these people are the majority of voters. So campaigners result to playing on fears.

Note that this post is not for or against Brexit in any way, I just hate the way it went.
    That is why it is a referendum. If you can't be arsed to gather the information and form an opinion, that is your own damn fault.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    It could also make the EU stronger because it realizes it needs to reform. It is really hard to predict what is going to happen to be honest. It also depends a lot on how painful the Brexit turns out to be for both the UK and the EU. But I agree with you on the ramifications that this has on the stability of the region. We do not want to go back to a Europe that is divided.
    If other nations follow suit, it will destroy the EU. I hope it does, the amount of corruption and stupidity that is the rooted in the EU's governing body is disgusting.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, is this actually a binding referendum?
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    A big problem is it mostly being older people voting leave, so they won't be affected much as they'll be retiring or dying soon. The younger voters mostly wanted to remain and they'll have to deal with the consequences for most of their working lives.
    They'll be better off in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    I'm looking forward to robots taking over so we don't have to deal with this bull shit.
    That will end the majority of unskilled immigration. It'll be quite funny. The very machines taking their jobs will be used to send them back home.

Well, there's a reason we normally vote for representatives instead of for decisions. I'm not advocating dictatorship, just pointing out a flaw in OP's reasoning (democracy is not perfect and certainly not always fair).There's still a lot that can be improved.
    And there is the problem with the EU.
    When did you vote for Merkel, Juncker, Schulz, Hollande etc to be the leaders of the EU?
    We celebrate the biggest dictatorship in the history of the world as a working democracy

now would be a good time to invest into brittish pounds, its gonna skyrocket!

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    That will end the majority of unskilled immigration. It'll be quite funny. The very machines taking their jobs will be used to send them back home.
    You don't think it will put you out of a job too? We already have computers doing the majority of a Structural Engineer's Work how long until its doing the jobs of an entire Hospital? Oh wait you don't care about that you only care about Muslims/Mexicans taking your jobs right now.... right.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilendor View Post
    And there is the problem with the EU.
    When did you vote for Merkel, Juncker, Schulz, Hollande etc to be the leaders of the EU?
    We celebrate the biggest dictatorship in the history of the world as a working democracy
    Merkel kissed every us presidents ass since 2005 to gain political power.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    You don't think it will put you out of a job too? We already have computers doing the majority of a Structural Engineer's Work how long until its doing the jobs of an entire Hospital? Oh wait you don't care about that you only care about Muslims/Mexicans taking your jobs right now.... right.
    No I will employ and build robots. There aren't any mexican/muslims taking my job from me. I won't be hiring the unskilled ones in the future because it doesn't make much sense.

I'm just sitting back with a nice cup of tea enjoying the shit flinging from both sides
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

That's the thing about a democracy. Sometimes measures like this narrowly pass, leaving half of the population unsatisfied with the results. A lot of people don't know that our own US Constitution only narrowly was ratified.
    Quote Originally Posted by blobbydan View Post
    We're all doomed. Let these retards shuffle the chairs on the titanic. They can die in a safe space if they want to... Whatever. What a miserable joke this life is. I can't wait until it's all finally over and I can return to the sweet oblivion of the void.

Argh, the Leave camp -won-? That's not what the polls predicted...

but!... muslims...

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    No I will employ and build robots. There aren't any mexican/muslims taking my job from me. I won't be hiring the unskilled ones in the future because it doesn't make much sense.
    Until the Robots take your job because its cheaper to automate your position. You are literally at that point a glorified secretary anyway. Whatever you believe will happen bud

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    I'm just sitting back with a nice cup of tea enjoying the shit flinging from both sides
    yeah why would you give a fuck about your country (assuming you're british)