Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Lol dude, simmer. I'm in Beta too and if you don't remember there was a lot of "you don't send your followers to do missions, they send you!" "your followers will do the missions with you" and all that talk when garrisons / order halls were brought up. Sure I haven't done everything in Beta yet, so I was just wondering. Sorry to have snuck up some sand in your vag.
    They are Emissaries that send you on quests. Then theres world quests. And you can take one of your Class Order Hall followers out in to the world with you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    I don;t believe that is how it works... they stated that the time to perform the research would reduce each week... making it fast for each alt to get up to the max % Knowledge.
    You are right, Ion said Artifact Knowledge instead of Artifact Power, my bad. Can Artifact Knowledge stack infinitely though? If not then I really am not sure how we can max artifact in 2-3 months like they said.

Quote Originally Posted by Delaios View Post
    Who even needs to farm garrison resources to run missions? I'm swimming in resources just from the cache, missions and the trading post whenever it takes herbs. That's the thing that made garrisons so good for easy gold-making. Set it up on some random new alt and you can keep it running with the resources it generates by itself. If getting the resources for the missions actually took some time and effort, things wouldn't have been as absurd. They were on track with the shipyard, but then they had to ruin it by adding the oil rig, oil missions and the follower trait that boosted rewards from oil missions.
    You didn't at launch. People were resource starved for a couple months until they had their Garrisons built up. Here there is an additional dump for a while to level your OH through the research orders.

They were not on track with garrison/shipyard... forcing people to go out and farm crap in order to play the facebook game is not needed. Just do away with the facebook game or make it completely optional like Pandaria Farms or Plants vs. Zombies.

It's existence does not add anything to the game... and if it adds nothing, it's wasting development time.

You didn't at launch. People were resource starved for a couple months until they had their Garrisons built up. Here there is an additional dump for a while to level your OH through the research orders.

They were not on track with garrison/shipyard... forcing people to go out and farm crap in order to play the facebook game is not needed. Just do away with the facebook game or make it completely optional like Pandaria Farms or Plants vs. Zombies.

It's existence does not add anything to the game... and if it adds nothing, it's wasting development time.
    At launch there really wasn't any repeatable source for farming them, apart from maybe the lumberyard. Treasures gave very, very few resources. Not sure if heroic dungeons gave them during launch or not, because I didn't really run any of them after finishing the inn and legendary quest. But I'm pretty sure they didn't give the 200 resources that they do at the moment.

I agree on garrisons and the mission table being a complete waste of development time. I would be perfectly fine with them completely canning the mission mini-game for the rest of the game's lifespan. Calling it a mini-game is already stretching it because there's no gameplay involved. I've had zero fun running (thousands of) missions this entire expansion.
    But if they're going to put so many rewards into it, the least they can do is to not design it in a way that you can obtain them simply by logging in for a minute each day (for x amount of characters). That way it's just a (too) nice bonus for characters that you actively play. Now every character you log basically gets stuff sent to the mailbox upon logging in.

Wait I did get one for Black Rook Hold.... so one out of 20+?

My argument for this was that Blizz tried to spin Garrison 2.0 as a completely different beast that send you out. Not 1 out of 20 times you get a quest to go do but the rest is all the same.
    So let's say I agree with you: Blizz spun order halls inaccurately. Now what, and why all this bitching?

See, that's the part I don't get - what the hell is the point of posts like this and your other one? Are you:

a) trying to be an outstanding human being by warning everyone that the game will suck? ("Whew, you almost PLAYED that thing. Thank God I saved you from that. You're welcome.")
    b) just stomping around being grumpy? ("I'M SO MAD. I'm just mad.")
    c) just enjoying the false feeling of moral superiority that comes from pointing out others' flaws or misstatements? ("Look at me, I'M RIGHT. They lied to us!!")
    d) something else?

People have pointed out over and over that Legion missions are vastly different in number and scope than WoD missions - and that there is already a load more content to get you out into the world in Legion than in WoD - yet these discussions and threads keep appearing.

I don't get the point. It seems to me that if you really feel this betrayed and Legion looks so terrible, your best option is to simply not play the game. Otherwise, you're just doing a, b, or c above, right?

Quote Originally Posted by NinjaBlazin View Post
    You are right, Ion said Artifact Knowledge instead of Artifact Power, my bad. Can Artifact Knowledge stack infinitely though? If not then I really am not sure how we can max artifact in 2-3 months like they said.
    It's only partially been laid out. But in game there are 11 tomes you can get... but currently you don't do those at all. You just turn in work orders to research a scroll that you click on.

It IS possible that they BOTH exist... and you after you max out the work order scrolls... you can find the tomes out in the world, dungeons, raids, etc.

I cannot find the reference, but I could SWEAR I read/saw/heard that it caps at 300%... but then again.. trying to gain 1.2 million for your 34th point seems like current tuning will make it very painful.

My biggest problem with the whole "paragon system" is the pacing and rewards. You start out blowing up the points... then at 14 it jumps to more than the first 13 combined. So it may take 1 day for 2 points... then 1 day for 1 point.. then 2 days for 1 point... then 4 day, then a week, then 2 weeks... the longer the expansion goes on... the less progression you will feel with your character.

I hope they rethink this and figure out a set path to cap out the talent points with consistent progression. The runes for the weapon are progression enough at endgame.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Unir View Post
    So let's say I agree with you: Blizz spun order halls inaccurately. Now what, and why all this bitching?

See, that's the part I don't get - what the hell is the point of posts like this and your other one? Are you:

SNIP

Otherwise, you're just doing a, b, or c above, right?
    Open discussion while a game is in beta is a good thing. If there are problems that are not shared and mulled over... then Blizzard never gets the memo. Lack of "bitching" is why we have 14 months of "endgame WoD".

Then of course there are fanbois that haven't played for 10 years... have not experienced the game when it was at it's best. And they are just mindlessly accepting of things and think everything is peaches and cream.

As long as the game charges a sub to keep playing a game, the customers have a right to provide input... good or bad...

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    You don't get them that often (from my personal experience) but they do appear. Way less tedious and annoying than Garrison missions though, you barely even worry about the missions.
    This is good news to me, tired of BS garrison missions and I hate the fact that when I do them it's a sold hour of table, bank, vendor, switch.

10+ Year Old Account
    No... that is to get 34/34 to get all your talent points in. the 20/20 is AFTER you fill out your weapon... and will be INFINITELY more than 4.5 million

- - - Updated - - -

They increase with iLevel... and are multiplied by Artifact Knowledge... Mine are around 600-800 currently with a bonus token of 300-500...
    I know i am just referring to my own items. But as someone posted, the ones you get from the Order Halls are nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Point is, Blizz represented Order Hall Missions as YOU do the content not the followers.

Sorry but I have done a LOT of missions and all of them simply sent out followers and waited for them to come back 2-8 hours later.. just... like... Garrison Missions.
    Paladin order hall sends your champions out to gather lightstones of some sort, once you gather the required amount it unlocks a quest to complete. Is this not exactly what you are describing?

Open discussion while a game is in beta is a good thing. If there are problems that are not shared and mulled over... then Blizzard never gets the memo. Lack of "bitching" is why we have 14 months of "endgame WoD".

Then of course there are fanbois that haven't played for 10 years... have not experienced the game when it was at it's best. And they are just mindlessly accepting of things and think everything is peaches and cream.

As long as the game charges a sub to keep playing a game, the customers have a right to provide input... good or bad...
    There are also those of us who are not fanbois, are in the beta, think you are only partially factually correct, and are overblowing the issue in any event for no reason other than you enjoy arguing Blizzard is not trustworthy for some inescapable reason ("They lied - LIED I TELL YOU!!1"). You forgot that group - which is really the salient one.

Discussion is good - but are you really suggesting this thread is "input" to Blizzard?

Of course it isn't. Have you made a post on the beta forums about this? You know, that is the actual way to give input to Blizzard, which is what you apparently claim to be doing. If so, link it here and I'll go read it and/or comment on it.

No idea, all i keep finding is the same garrison table bs where i just send out my followers, sorry i mean "champions". I was early on the DH questline and something about Loramus Thalipedes popped up, i was pretty excited about it and was expecting it to be one of those missions in which you go out there with your followers. Turns out its just another garrison table crap in which your followers do stuff you which you could be doing.

In other words, the cake is a lie.

Has anyone mentioned that probably a lot of world quests are either unlocked via them or that they probably decided to not gatekeep them?

Like. from what i saw there was plenty to do with the world quests so .....whats the problem? Blizz gave us what we want but through a different interface than what they said?
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

Quote Originally Posted by Unir View Post
    T
    Discussion is good - but are you really suggesting this thread is "input" to Blizzard?

Of course not... it's an open community discussion. I have a perspective and am debating it with others who have similar or differing opinions. This allows me to see things from other perspectives and get a better understanding overall. If, after I've had that opportunity, I think it's something that needs Blizzard'
    s attention.. THEN I will take an informed post with various perspectives and post it.

This is to get healthy debate going between people in beta and outside beta.

world quests are exactly what you're looking for

Deleted
    Jesus christ, we get it OP, you finally found out boys and girls aren't the same and you need to bring it up every time, we all knew already, its ok, calm down.

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    world quests are exactly what you're looking for
    World quests have nothing to do with this post, they explicitly said that 1. Order hall tables are not the same as garrison tables and 2. The missions will send you out to the world instead of followers doing everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Jesus relax the game is still in beta.
    We tried that once, we got WoD as a result. "Game is still in beta" is no longer an excuse for ignoring things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    The usual clueless fallback mantra:

"Guise, it's k! They'll fix it during beta!"

"Don't worry, guise! They'll fix it before launch!"

"Chill peeps! They'll fix it next season/patch!"

"Hey guise...next xpac they'll fix it!"

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    World quests have nothing to do with this post, they explicitly said that 1. Order hall tables are not the same as garrison tables and 2. The missions will send you out to the world instead of followers doing everything.
    they delivered on the promise just in a different coat
    COH missions are barely there and much less important than garrison missions were, you're out in the world A LOT

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Jesus relax the game is still in beta.
    It's in beta, but it's also feature complete. Blizzard has said it already has all its major content, and right now they're just tuning and bug testing.