Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    The photos are real.... it's the moon that's fake! Nasa built it to fool people into thinking there was more than an empty void above our flat earth.
    So did they build the sun too? And the stars? Just went up there and stapled them all to the firmament themselves? That's a pretty impressive feat, considering how many there are. Go NASA!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    how come the suits in the smithsonian don't look a think like this?
    I dont know, I am not sure which suits are in the Smithsonian.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    And making sweeping generalizations isnt stupid and ignorant?
    Not when it concerns conspiracy nutters, religious zealots, flat earthers and ect....
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    I dont know, I am not sure which suits are in the Smithsonian.

- - - Updated - - -

Not when it concerns conspiracy nutters, religious zealots, flat earthers and ect....
    Well that just confirms that i wont get any constructive and enlightened conversation from you!

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    Well that just confirms that i wont get any constructive and enlightened conversation from you!
    Ok, my heart is broken.

To elaborate. There is no enlightened conversation to have in regards to things WE KNOW having not happened. There is no conversation to be had with a flat earther, because they believe something that goes against what we know, thanks to science.

Likewise, there is not good conversation to be had with some one who jams their fingers in their ears and goes off on how the moon landing is fake. Science and facts disprove them, they choose to ignore that.

Its stupid and ignorant, if you count yourself among them, you are also stupid and ignorant.
    Last edited by IIamaKing; 2016-06-21 at 11:47 PM.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Ok, my heart is broken.

To elaborate. There is no enlightened conversation to have in regards to things WE KNOW having not happened. There is no conversation to be had with a flat earther, because they believe something that goes against what we know, thanks to science.

Likewise, there is not good conversation to be had with some one who jams their fingers in their ears and goes off on how the moon landing is fake. Science and facts disprove them, they choose to ignore that.

Its stupid and ignorant, if you count yourself among them, you are also stupid and ignorant.
    You can theoretically have a meaningful conversation with a flat-earther, if their theory makes sense and explains our observations - it is unlikely to happen, but it is possible. However, when all they have to say to refute the evidence we have is, "It is all photoshopped and made up as a part of the world scientific conspiracy" - then yes, there isn't much to talk about.

I've yet to hear a good theory explaining how moon landing could be fake without resorting to the typical, "It was all shot in Hollywood", and weird pseudo-scientific arguments like, "Cameras they were using would have melted by the Sun". I mean, even Soviet scientists confirmed moon landing at the time, and they would have benefited the most by revealing a horrible conspiracy by the American government - and, clearly, they had all the means to do so, since they were the only other space faring nation at the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenblade View Post
    How did you deduce they are "all fake"?
    Well, look at them. Also look at the timing of their release.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    Well, look at them. Also look at the timing of their release.
    What about it? I asked you how you deduced that over 10,000 photos are fake and you counter it by asking me to look at them and take the timing into account? That's it? What about the burden of proof being at the one who's making the extraordinary claim?
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    Don't need 10,000 photos to know someone would have to be retarded to call the moon landing fake. It's near a scale of not believing the world is round.
    Well, seeing how the movement of people believing world is flat IS indeed gaining support, well, I can see how people won't believe moon landing happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Man the moon looks boring af
    It's actually incredibly interesting geologically as it harbors clues about the environment of the early Earth which has been destroyed by volcanic and ocean activity on Earth itself.

[sar]Oh, come on!

Theres been 17,140 days since the moon landing, that means they'd only need to make a single photo every day or so, wake up sheeple![/sar]

Cool pictures!
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Speshil View Post
    So what they had fourty-seven years to fotoshop 10k images.

With a budget of no less than four Trillion dollars this is an accomplishable task.
    Yeah, especially considering that Photoshop is 18 years old.
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Yeah, especially considering that Photoshop is 18 years old.
    Funniest post all thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    Funniest post all thread.
    Fiiine, 28... Dang, I just made a fool out of myself!

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    even Soviet scientists confirmed moon landing at the time
    They neither could nor did. The manned Moon mission is impossible with current technology, and it was impossible back in '70s.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    They neither could nor did. The manned Moon mission is impossible with current technology, and it was impossible back in '70s.
    How is it impossible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    Dude, this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZXu_rYF51M

- is thousand times as complicated as the Moon landing missions. Unless you believe that this also was shot in Hollywood (which wouldn't surprise me ), your point is moot.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    No, it's not. The approach between the dedicated conspiracy theorist and the faithful is largely the same, rendering the actual proof and facts that would normally distinguish the conspiracy theory from the supernatural phenomenon worthless and irrelevant.
    Except millions upon millions of people have actual experience in what they claim in religion.

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding you, but this just sounds like you're working extremely hard to give extra credibility to religion where absolutely none is deserved whatsoever.
    It's always fascinating when people make a claim like this based off of no credibility. Ignoring this though, no, religion is not a conspiracy theory. By the smallest definition it is, but so is just about any organization in history. If we are to base it off of a conspiracy theory by trying to state that is contradicts your opinions or worldly views, that is still false. Considering religion has a major hold on the planet and was influential among the masses long before lets say science, your opinions would be in direct conflict with the majority view, making them the conspiracy theory. Fact of the matter is, your analogy holds no water. You also don't have any scientific research to support said opinion, so you can't even use that to state it is in complete contradiction of scientific view. And no, being religious does not mean you automatically assume things like the world is flat.

The analogy is based on the way in which the beliefs operate, not the functioning of any institutions relating to the belief systems. Are you unfamiliar with how analogies work? It's not a claim that religion is a conspiracy theory. It's a claim that some aspect of religion, in this case the mechanism and resilience of belief, is readily comparable to a similar aspect of another thing. Religious beliefs are inherently faith based and the faithful will jump through any hoop necessary to preserve their beliefs, even when there are direct conflict with available facts (eg YEC). The influence and popularity of religion is absolutely irrelevant to this analogy, and you're doing little more than making a particularly weak appeal to popularity in mentioning it.
    I understand how analogies work. Yours doesn't. You are also assuming (once again) that all religions are fundamentally the same, when they aren't. The popularity is relevant when the basis of many peoples ideas of conspiracy theory is that it is objective to not just their views, but a majority held view. For example, go look up how many conspiracy theories exist that actually have a following that holds strongly for that to be the truth over the people who view otherwise. You won't find any. Again, there is no available facts for you to prove all religion false.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyster View Post
    I understand how analogies work. Yours doesn't. You are also assuming (once again) that all religions are fundamentally the same, when they aren't. The popularity is relevant when the basis of many peoples ideas of conspiracy theory is that it is objective to not just their views, but a majority held view. For example, go look up how many conspiracy theories exist that actually have a following that holds strongly for that to be the truth over the people who view otherwise. You won't find any. Again, there is no available facts for you to prove all religion false.
    There is no evidence or available facts to prove all religion is true. See what I did there.