Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    I guess i was apart of the minority the whole expansion, i thought Mist of pandaria was great besides inflated Numbers/stats(i enjoyed Wrath values). Also the zone designs are pretty amazing, Dread wastes and Krasarang Wilds are still my top 2 zones in all of WoW, Vashj'ir being 3rd of course.

7+ Year Old Account
    It was really good compared to what?
    Compared to WoD it was somewhat good, I agreee. But for me it MoP was far far worse than Cataclysm (T11\T12 ofc).
    You should also consider that while some specs were super fun in MoP (see fury and demo) others were terrible downgrade from Cata.
    retired raiding shadow priest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    WoW will never die. They will be back up to 12m+ subs when legion hits, and wont fall below 10m for the duration of the expansion. You can mark my words on that.

If not for the content draught during SoO, MoP would have been probably the best expansion. Patches were regular and with plenty of content, raids were amazing (MSV is probably my favourite smaller raid, ToT is among the best overall), there was a lot to do and the developers certainly gave a shit about content. And of course, Brawlers Guild.

Too bas SoO was there for like 14 months, and wasn't that great of a raid to begin with.

Deleted
    I've always liked MoP. WoD was bad executed. It started good, but it felt too short. Lot of wasted potential.

Can't say anything after WotLK turned out that good.

Cataclysm had a good start, then it turned for the worst at the end, with the nerfing and of course the addition of LFR. MoP followed in that regard, and WoD... is WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    We will say the same about WoD in the near future, I bet. The trend continues...
    Youl will never hear that from me...

As you will have a hard time finding someone who hates WoD more than I do.

MoP excels WoD in every aspect I can speak of, with maybe an exception to raiding, which I did in MoP and can say it was awesome, and which I stopped in WoD, but from what I've heard, Mythic HFC is a good raid.

But even in that case, WoD had the worst ending ever, with us helping Grom "pain in the ass" Hellscream getting an unexpected and undeserved redemption, thanks to real endgame raid beeing scrapped due to "abandon ship" policy from Blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    MoP sits equal to WOTLK for me as best expansion. I loved Pandaren. I loved the Asian asthetic. I loved the leveling and I loved the raids. I loved the patch cadence. I really like the direction they took with Timeless Isle, Thunder Isle, SoO.

I thought Lion's Landing was an enjoyable piece of content with fun dailies and some great story rolled in.

I feel like they listened and course-corrected when the community told them things didn't work like faction rep gating and they fixed it instead of bloody-mindedly doubling down like they did in WoD.

The only problem with MoP, and really this isn't a MoP problem, was the gap after SoO. Once Warlords dropped that really hit home. We saw what was on offer in WoD, looked at the preceding 14 months of sweet fuck-all, looked at the artificially-gated release window of 7.0 raids and selfie patches, waited 8 months, then got one raid and a cut launch zone full of bars to fill up and another 14 months of sweet fuck-all. At this point we honestly just picked BLizzard up, shook them as asked "What the fuck have you guys been doing?"

Of course we know what. Not delivering content to paying subscribers. Here's hoping and preying that MoP is truly the template for Legion minus the content drought at the end.... Because Mists did a lot right.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

I called it, we would have some MoP nostalgia soon!!! Despite all the rage it got because of the endless dailies grind and pandas.
    Cant wait for wod/garrisons nostalgia in a few years from now.

Quote Originally Posted by Flakstorm View Post

BTW ppl already started being nostalgic about MoP too, they be asking for dailies for rep since 6.0 when only mob grind rep was available, and now theres this huge thread asking for MoP LFR back. All we need to go full pana-nostalgic is more rosed tint AKA more elapsed time since end of expac.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Couldn't agree more. I loved the zones, especially Jade Forest, Kun-lai and Dread Wastes.
    How could u love Dread Wasted? Most horrible super vomiting ugly zone Blizzard has ever created, there is no a single zone which is awful like it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought it started strongly, but it did tail off. 5.3 was entirely unnecessary, and a very poor content patch and I had no love for the Timeless Isle. All of the raids were solid though, and those first couple of patches were amongst the best parts of the game's history for me.

I've defended MoP in several ways since the day it launched. The leveling process was WAY better than Cataclysm's was, the raiding was pretty fantastic during the progression phases, and the scenery was absolutely gorgeous.

The things I didn't like about it were the issues with dailies at the beginning, the necessity to maintain farms (if you wanted to make money and/or supply yourself with raid consumables) and a lot of the armor sets were pretty lackluster in design. Class balance was also the worst it had been in a looooong time, which made raid compositions pretty much "stack Warlocks, bring a few others for buffs" throughout the expansion.

Still, I really enjoyed MoP. I can't say the same for WoD, though. WoD doesn't have as many upsides as MoP had, and it has more downsides as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Malderon View Post
    How could u love Dread Wasted? Most horrible super vomiting ugly zone Blizzard has ever created, there is no a single zone which is awful like it.
    Hehe, well, people have different tastes, however I agree with yours. I hate everything that looks corrupted by the Sha.
    Mother pus bucket!

10+ Year Old Account
    Pacing with patch releases was the problem,not quality.

I also think the theme wasn't what people wanted for a whole expansion,although it was superbly done.

It was a beautiful and refreshing expansion. It also had a unqiue charm like no other.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    Yeah, and in 3 expansions time people will be crying about how good we had it during WoD.

rose tinted glasses are rose tinted.
    Well yeah there will always be idiots but you can't stereotype opinions like that.

We all know WOD is utter garbage, for me the most enjoyable period was WOTLK for many reasons - the game still felt like an adventure with a vast open world that i felt the need to go out and explore. You worked for many things and the rewards were good, didn't play much MOP i absolutely detest the setting of the expansion but that's just my opinion. I done a little PVP which was fun, but not from a balanced perspective just from how broken it was - one shotting anything.

It was an improvement over the latter half of cataclysm and the majority of wod, but it was hardly stellar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

I was saying that 15 days after WOD launched and ppl were laughing at me,same ppl are thinking like me right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    Yeah, and in 3 expansions time people will be crying about how good we had it during WoD.

rose tinted glasses are rose tinted.
    Yeah, you're right. What were we thinking being objective and fair instead of just following your formula.