10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stravs View Post
    Farage wasn't even in the party that stated 350m would go into the NHS ffs but I will say this, without paying the huge EU membership fees more funding to the NHS will come naturally any way.
    And you think we won't lose money by dropping out of the EU?
    Prices are going to go up. That is a fact.

Guess where the NHS buys some of its treatments from.
    Speciation Is Gradual

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PassingBy View Post
    Others have followed, and are following.
    All OEMs cut corners. In case of VW at least no one was killed because of that, unlike in case of GM for example.

All the difference is that with GM the US government will protect it, and with VW the German government was the first to grab a pitchfork and start a witchhunt.
    Too scared to have own opinion, too scared to protect what's important for the country.

Too scared to even demand an apology for being spied at.
    A country upholding the law, no matter who broke it. What a terrible thing. Germany should be ashamed to act like a proper state of law.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post

Also worth noting, that this decision over night knocked 9 years worth of membership fees off the stock markets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good Europe can move forward after an economic downturn what will hit both sides and the UK can continue to move backwards and isolate themselves further in an ever increasing globalized market.

Sorry for those people that voted with more than just a bit of pride but this is needed, do wonder what will happen to places highly dependent on the EU like London's financial district, but they got two years to leave so plenty of time to find a new center for the markets to focus around.

Deleted
    Get some beers, sit back and enjoy watching it

Quote Originally Posted by jiggler View Post
    A country upholding the law, no matter who broke it. What a terrible thing. Germany should be ashamed to act like a proper state of law.
    Then how come they don't stop the woman being raped in Germany?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Felnoire View Post
    While I've no idea what the point of that is to my pointing out a promise was already being abandoned by those that were making it. I know the UK paid £18bn, got a £5bn rebate, and £4.5bn in funding for a net outgoing of £8.5bn. I'm having my laugh as suggested at this quick dropping of a promise made during the campaign. I also know none of the money we'll get back from not spending it on the EU will likely be spent getting new trade deals or ending up plugging holes in the deficit. Assuming the economy stabilizes as that will effect the true value of that spending and what it could actually do if it does become free for the treasury to use.
    They would have to pay 18bn but they didnt because because of their special treatment. In the end they paid only 11.

That is the absurd thing. British people were told a lot of lies. Turkey being close to join EU is also a lie.

The Brexit campaign was full of lies and madeup facts.zu

Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post
    Britain paid 11 Billion to the EU and got 6 Billion. So Britain only paid 5 Billion netto per year - and thats pretty much nothing considering how big the british economy is. They paid less than 100 Mios per week. Or 1.5 £ per week per UK citizen. That is literally nothing.
    Stop explaining math to idiots. Try something like this instead "It's only because of EU that you don't have a job and you're a fucking loser and your life is shit. If you vote to leave, it'll be paradise"

Deleted

The UK has to pay for agricultural subsidaries etc for themselves now.
    Gotta import some of that medication from somewhere, which is expensive with a weak pound.
    Trade with the European neighbours will be harder/less advantagous now than before.
    People are getting older by avarage and therefore sicker.

Easy sailing ahead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Yet by restricting immigration in that way would have led to a substantial skill shortage and hurt the economy badly, the main parties actually understood that. Those million Poles weren't competing for jobs that those locals could do; because whichever way you want to paint it, it's easier to employ locals than it is to persuade people to move 2,000 miles to a new country.
    People do not care about the country, they care about their jobs.

Stop looking at the issue from your point of view, you are a scientist and voted to remain, I work in the financial sector and voted to remain, we are not the people UKIP were aiming at, because Poles are not taking our jobs.

Now put yourself in the shoes of a bricklayer who suddenly sees his earnings lowered due to increased competition, then see which way you vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    The EU will accept 3, because it is not worth them not accepting it.
    You're still making it sound as if UK had an upper hand here and it was the EU that's in the weaker position. It's not.

No it would not cause a widespread exodus from the EU, this is an argument based on what a child would do, not what nations would do.
    Except for UK which is now reaping the "benefits" of their choice. Then again they acted like a child throwing a tantrum for over quarter of a century, so it's not all that surprising.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stravs View Post
    Not everyone has a oxford education to understand all the BS surrounding governments EU rules and regulations, last year no one was interested and I bet no one knew what a referendum was or what it meant. No one give a flying fuck about it until the last minute and voted based on the information that was given at the time.
    Don't be judging people saying they deserve everything they get because this also applies to you my friend. You are just as bad as everyone else at making judgement's.
    The highest level of education I have is A Levels, and everything thats happened today, I predicted coming yesterday, in this very thread.

You don't need a university education to do research, you were given a responsibility to this country, to make the correct choice, it was your duty to research both choices and make the choice you thought was best. Unfortunately, most people think that research constitutes watching a few videos on youtube and watching a few televised "debates".

I'll judge whoever I damn well please, I voted Remain because it was the best choice for Britain, and now i'm being dragged out by fools who didn't even research what they were voting for, and are now backpedaling and making excuses for why they voted the way they did. You could even see it in the press conferance that Johnson and Gove held, it had all the of air "what the bloody hell have we done?".

If you voted Leave, and you are now having second thoughts based on the fact that the 350 million figure has been shown to be bullshit, the leave campaign is backtracking on immigration, the economy is tanking (whether it is temporary or not, damage has been done) and the Union is breaking up, then you deserve every damn misery this country now faces, because you did this, this is all on you.

I am sure I did not say a better deal, I said a cheaper deal.

The main issues with the EU that the UK had were:

1. Immigration - solved by leaving
    2. Legislation - any business with the EU would be subject to their legislation, business anywhere else can be on separate terms
    3. Cost of membership - any payment will have to be cheaper, or the UK will not agree to a deal

The EU will accept 3, because it is not worth them not accepting it.
    On 3. one possible compromise I can see is that the UK seems to superficially pay "less", but in actually about the same, since they don't get any rebate anymore. That would allow the UK to safe face while at the same time satisfy the EU.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Ah, I see. So basically they voted for high taxes? Surprising. I'd have expected the opposite.
    It has been working out magnificiently for them! (You might need a VPN to view the video from the EU.)

Deleted
    How come no country in the world stops "the woman" being raped?
    How come no country in the world stops crime?
    Because crime will always exist.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiskeyjack WN View Post
    I grew up through the troubles you fucking idiot. I know them very well. And as i said they started over rights, things changed towards a united ireland but that was later, it started over rights and protection. I remember the uvf kicking down doors and pulling families into the street. beating and assulting people for no reason other than being catholic. the troubles started slowly, and escalted by the late 70s. they lasted into the 90s but that was nothing compared to the 70s.

The united ireland was just an added feature of an already escalated situation. An excuse for the more violent members to do even worse things. What most are oblivious to is that when the IRA reacted first in 1968 it was purely rights and protecting catholics from the uvf. not until the later 70s did the other things become a factor.

But like I said, this is not then. there will be angry loyalist but you think they will go killing over it? to what end?
    it would not give them a divided ireland. They would not be acting out to protect or better their own situation. If anything did happen it would be out of anger and that would be plain stupidity.

Judging by your response I can only assume you live further to the south, or are young enough not to remember how it really was. So please don't go spouting bullshit about such a sensitive subject. Some of us have grown up and lost family during those times and know it better than the shit you have heard on tv.
    Do you expect any of that to matter to the topic at hand? You are derailing this purposely now. The matter at hand is that with the U.K. Leaving the EU, it gives Sinn Fein more ammo for a United ireland vote. If that vote passed, you are telling me that there will not be an uproar amongst those that do not want to be part of a country that had to get bailed out and still not recovered?

Next time, when you start going into your mid life crisis rage (because by what you are saying you are at least 45), take a breather. Calm down and actually reply to the topic at hand.

I can also "judge" you too but I will not because unlike you, I don't come to these forums just to take my frustration out.... Oops too late.

EDIT: Chrcked your post history. You are from Ireland, not Northern Ireland which you stated yourself and only moved to the UK because of what the EU did to Ireland. The EU first started early 90's. So you didn't grow up in The Troubles you lying shit. Welcome to being the first on my fucking ignore list.
    Last edited by mmoc3711817e2e; 2016-06-24 at 01:47 PM.

Deleted

It will get worse before it gets better I admit but it will get better. Isn't life about taking risks?

Quote Originally Posted by Fadeslol View Post
    Women are raped everywhere, but unless the rapist is black/Muslim/immigrant it won't appear in the papers. Who the fuck wants to read about a middle class white teenager raping anything?

People do not care about the country, they care about their jobs.

Stop looking at the issue from your point of view, you are a scientist and voted to remain, I work in the financial sector and voted to remain, we are not the people UKIP were aiming at, because Poles are not taking our jobs.

Now put yourself in the shoes of a bricklayer who suddenly sees his earnings lowered due to increased competition, then see which way you vote.
    It's not like Poland is sending only the bricklayers, plumbers and other less educated people. Poland is suffering heavy brain drain right now and UK is one of the main beneficiaries of that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by jiggler View Post
    How come no country in the world stops "the woman" being raped?
    How come no country in the world stops crime?
    Because crime will always exist.
    Not when you let the people do it and get away with it. Theres a difference

Looks like the markets have stabilized already.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland