Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    I don't know what you're trying to prove at 9?am on a weekday. People have jobs/school.
    Even during Primetime there is maybe 40 in Stormshield on Proudmoore, which is one of the Top 5 US Realms. You are the one who said you could show me 100+ People afk in Warspear. You don't get to move the goal post away from that now

Everyone I know who started after the movie still plays and there are a bunch of people hanging around on my realm. So yeah, this discussion is heading nowhere since we're lacking the overall data and everyone is experiencing something different.

But then again, it is summer and it is a content drought. This never looks good.

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    Even during Primetime there is maybe 40 in Stormshield on Proudmoore, which is one of the Top 5 US Realms. You are the one who said you could show me 100+ People afk in Warspear. You don't get to move the goal post away from that now
    I can, (I also said if I could be bothered) and I play on ragnaros EU, which is not even top 5 most populated realms here iirc. Nitpicky but proudmoore is apparently 6th.

I conceded the game is quiet, but your numbers seem ridiculously low and it doesn't help you're using pensioner time windows.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    I don't know what you're trying to prove at 9?am on a weekday. People have jobs/school.
    Isnt Proudmoore a pacific coastal us server? Its only 7 am here right now. Admittedly not the best time to find a lot of people online.

What we all need to do is get back on live and start those Angler dailies for the mount!

Or transmog runs!

Or gold farming!

Or.. when's pre-patch?
    Summon Apollo's fire, with hell and heaven's might. Then with great force attend, the falling of all men.
    Release this captured world, from point of no return. Destruction has no end, unless you ride again.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilan View Post
    Isnt Proudmoore a pacific coastal us server? Its only 7 am here right now. Admittedly not the best time to find a lot of people online.
    I have no idea, I only worry about the EU realm timezones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, this cannot be mentioned enough. if you do not have exalted with the Anglers for the strider mount. GET IT DONE. Legion zones are so much easier to navigate with that mount. Theres a reason why like 80% of the beta players use it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Terran View Post
    What we all need to do is get back on live and start those Angler dailies for the mount!

Or transmog runs!

Or gold farming!

Or.. when's pre-patch?
    August 17th with this Blizzard speed

Quote Originally Posted by Phurox View Post
    August 17th with this Blizzard speed
    Oooh child. I hope not.
    Summon Apollo's fire, with hell and heaven's might. Then with great force attend, the falling of all men.
    Release this captured world, from point of no return. Destruction has no end, unless you ride again.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Terran View Post
    Oooh child. I hope not.
    Well it's almost July and we're still without a date. They need to say it two weeks before season ending.

Well it's almost July and we're still without a date. They need to say it two weeks before season ending.
    They don't if they don't want to. I would, for one, be happy if they stopped announcing this shit months in advanced, or even weeks. Its annoying. I like a bit of mystery in the game.

Note: I didn't say keep us in the dark on everything then cut half the game later.

15+ Year Old Account
    They don't if they don't want to. I would, for one, be happy if they stopped announcing this shit months in advanced, or even weeks. Its annoying. I like a bit of mystery in the game.

Note: I didn't say keep us in the dark on everything then cut half the game later.
    Surprise or not, they still need to wait to at least late July due to arena season.

More than likely, they'll announce it a week or so before it happens.

Surprise or not, they still need to wait to at least late July due to arena season.
    They don't need to wait for shit. They can suddenly end it and thats that. Being honest here its been 14 fucking months. If you don't have Glad by now you aren't fucking getting it. Sometimes its better to move forward with a new outlook than back at the same shit with a shitty outlook for a few more weeks just so little billy can have his fucking Gronn or w/e the fuck they are handing out to people who use interrupt bots nowadays.

Realm Population on LIVE US is getting dangerously low. They really need to release 7.0 soon.
    This happens pretty much every last month or so before a new expan. Happened in Mists, Cata, Wrath too. It's nothing new.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hey there now. I want this patch as much as you do. I would love even get it today.

But Blizzard would never fuck over the PvP community (with that)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    I'm a bit disappointed in the Legion cinematics in the Illidan history questline. We have all new models, with all new rigs and the ability for Blizz animators to control their movements finely, but in these cinematics, they use the game's standard animations. It's nothing like the WoD cinematics. And it's not even done well. I've seen many Machinimas with better fitting animations and lip syncing.
    That means whatever cinematics you're looking at aren't the cinematics you're thinking of.

There are basically three types of cinematics in WoW:

- Full CGI cinematics for expansion trailers (e.g. Legion's CGI trailer)
    - Pre-rendered cinematics using modified/animated game assets (e.g. Death of Lich King/Deathwing/Archimonde cinematic)
    - Game-rendered cutscenes that merely involve taking control of the camera to point it at scripted NPC/environment interactions (e.g. The narrated intro for each race that flys the camera through the starting zone)

You're thinking about the second type of cinematic, but if those aren't fully animated and are rendered in-game, then you're looking at the third type of cinematic. We haven't seen any of Legion's pre-rendered, fully animated cinematics yet, as Blizzard tends to keep those under wraps either until launch or shortly before it.

- - - Updated - - -

In regards to the previous discussion: I've always kind of wished Blizzard could find a tactful way to encourage new players that are attempting to join during a content drought to just wait a month or so before joining, because I'm sure they'd have a better experience and would be more willing to stay if they join at the beginning/pre-patch of an expansion rather than during a content drought.

Quote Originally Posted by The Reaver View Post
    That means whatever cinematics you're looking at aren't the cinematics you're thinking of.

There are basically three types of cinematics in WoW:

- Full CGI cinematics for expansion trailers (e.g. Legion's CGI trailer)
    - Pre-rendered cinematics using modified/animated game assets (e.g. Death of Lich King/Deathwing/Archimonde cinematic)
    - Game-rendered cutscenes that merely involve taking control of the camera to point it at scripted NPC/environment interactions (e.g. The narrated intro for each race that flys the camera through the starting zone)

You're talking about the second type of cinematic, but if those aren't fully animated and are rendered in-game, then you're looking at the third type of cinematic. We haven't seen any of Legion's pre-rendered, fully animated cinematics yet, as Blizzard tends to keep those under wraps either until launch or shortly before it.

- - - Updated - - -

In regards to the previous discussion: I've always kind of wished Blizzard could find a tactful way to encourage new players that are attempting to join during a content drought to just wait a month or so before joining, because I'm sure they'd have a better experience and would be more willing to stay if they join at the beginning/pre-patch of an expansion rather than during a content drought.
    Your third type of cinamitc isn't accurate anymore. They do control the camera quite a lot in Legion. It just looks really awful without lipsync.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phinx View Post
    Your third type of cinamitc isn't accurate anymore. They do control the camera quite a lot in Legion. It just looks really awful without lipsync.
    My definition was a bit simple but I'm not sure how it could possibly be inaccurate. If the camera is taken control of and the UI disappears, then it's the third type of cinematic.

Hey there now. I want this patch as much as you do. I would love even get it today.

But Blizzard would never fuck over the PvP community (with that)
    Its not just about the Arena Season, dont forget Raid FoS, Challenge Mode Season, Legendary Quest and some other stuff that gets unobtainable with 7.0, a 2 week pre-announcement is guaranteed.

Havnt they even done a "in around a month" announcement before 6.0 was released?