Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    DPS will get hotfixed for level 100, I know it feels weak on PTR but they did hotfix all DPS for level 90 when WoD prepatch hit, in case you forgot. As far as an actual raid nerf, it'll probably happen, history shows it will and there's no reason for them not to do a flat health/damage nerf.

The prepatch is always a grey time. Because the systems and game design suddenly are built with 110 more in mind and everyone will still be 100 to use the current one as the example. This means some classes will undoubtedly be ultra powerful due to the scales and gear situation. Other classes will be totally nutted because suddenly all the multistrike they had, for example, is now something less useful. Healing might be wonky because a lot of guilds have gotten used to 4,3,or even 2 healing the zone and with the spirit and some class changes that might not be possible anymore (or they might be OP and anyone can 2 heal it). So I suspect classes and or continent will have numbers adjusted as a result and then reset during launch. They might get it really right with hte PTR and it not have to happen on live but that isn't very traditional.

Deleted
    I would also assume the fact that our current Epic gems on live (75 stat) Have been increased to 200 stat for when pre-patch hits. so i guess that could be seen as a soft nerf to the raid - in-direct though.

Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post
    DPS will get hotfixed for level 100, I know it feels weak on PTR but they did hotfix all DPS for level 90 when WoD prepatch hit, in case you forgot. As far as an actual raid nerf, it'll probably happen, history shows it will and there's no reason for them not to do a flat health/damage nerf.
    Weak is an understatement, on my little moonkin daily tanaan packs bring me in trouble while on live i destroy multiple packs at once.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamondwhite View Post
    I would also assume the fact that our current Epic gems on live (75 stat) Have been increased to 200 stat for when pre-patch hits. so i guess that could be seen as a soft nerf to the raid - in-direct though.
    That's not a nerf, that's broken design, and it's probably a bug. The sockets are random. Some players may have half of their gear with them and some none.

I'd say it will get nerfed. Legion classes are balanced around the artifacts, so since we won't have access to them, it'll throw a damper into our abilities. The ring will still be good, but will probably have to nerf stuff a little bit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    That's not a nerf, that's broken design, and it's probably a bug. The sockets are random. Some players may have half of their gear with them and some none.
    Seems like the gems being 200 aint a bug, or they need abiit of sorting out to do, as WoD gems have been increased.

Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post
    Better hope your class isn't one of the few that do well without the artifact at 100 because you'll get "temporary nerfs to bring you into line for the pre-patch" which are NEVER removed.

HFC will need to be nerfed, so many classes halve their live DPS without the artifact it isn't funny and get used to DPS being squishier than I've seen them since early BC they die so so damn easily.
    When I was younger I used to hope bad things wouldn't happen.
    Now I just hope they're at least funny when they do.

Deleted
    Seems like the gems being 200 aint a bug, or they need abiit of sorting out to do, as WoD gems have been increased.
    I don't know if bug was the right word etymologically but it's just wrong design for level 100 and Blizzard knows it's a wrong design for level 100. They would not want to have players that were lucky get a massive boost against players that have no gems. The 200 number is clearly a level 110 design because the first new gems for level 110 are not too far off from that.

- - - Updated - - -

PS. I would not be surprised if they do not fix it. Pre-patches are pre-patches. I do know it's broken and they know it is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    I don't know if bug was the right word etymologically but it's just wrong design for level 100 and Blizzard knows it's a wrong design for level 100. They would not want to have players that were lucky get a massive boost against players that have no gems. The 200 number is clearly a level 110 design because the first new gems for level 110 are not too far off from that.

- - - Updated - - -

PS. I would not be surprised if they do not fix it. Pre-patches are pre-patches. I do know it's broken and they know it is.
    They could fix it but this is from my char on the ptr servers at 100, and if it is correct they are miles away from the Legion gems, shitty green gems in Legion having 340 stat, rares 480 i think and then the saber's eyes at 600 main stat.

Deleted
    They could fix it but this is from my char on the ptr servers at 100, and if it is correct they are miles away from the Legion gems, shitty green gems in Legion having 340 stat, rares 480 i think and then the saber's eyes at 600 main stat.

They are not for 110 level but they are scaled according to Legion and it gives them a boost at 100. Choker of the Great Betrayer you show there has identical stat volumes with live. Sockets already beat warforged on almost any non-weapon/trinket gear at +75; imagine now.

Deleted
    I'm guessing it'll get the BRF/Highmaul treatment.

-% health and damage.

Quote Originally Posted by noladrew View Post
    agree 100%. arcane mages not being able to do 900k+ dps openers and just zerging every boss when stacking them will force a change on things. even the guilds that run only 1-3 or so arcane mages will suffer big time. the nerf to POF if it goes live is insane and no more PC will take away what we know as arcane "burst"
    Good.
    Last edited by mmoc9bef67a441; 2016-06-25 at 08:04 PM.

HFC will not get harder; likely it will get much easier, and if it doesn't they'll nerf it

balance between classes will probably go a bit sideways since everything's designed around level 110 and artifact weapons, but who cares

Deleted
    Bosses will still die just as quick

The nerf is in.

30% less HP per mob/bosses
    30% less damage

Quote Originally Posted by Kawaii View Post
    The prepatch is generally a period of time, around a month before a new expansion, where you'll have access to the new talent and skill changes coming in the next expansion, to give you time to familiarize yourself with these on known content, so you're not totally overwhelmed by all the new skill/talent changes and areas/quests at the same time.

It'll also contain a demon invasion event that can award some gear (up to ilevel 700 I think?), some achievements and other fun stuff while also building expansion hype.

Some things might get easier or harder depending on how all the class changes affect level 100 characters, as they're usually balanced around level 110 - (seen for example by ret paladins in the Wrath of the Lich King pre-patch where they wrecked everything).

ilvl 700 for armor 720 for weapons ( well 6++ with an added drop to "upgrade" it )