Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    You'd think.

But I was on comixology today and there are two separate Green Arrow comics both coming out today, both called Green Arrow #1. There are also two Green Lanterns, one Hal Jordan Green Lantern and a full fucking THREE superman, the two you mentioned plus one called "Action Comics Superman". Batman gets the same treatment, with two called "Batman Rebirth" and one called "Detective Comics: Batman".

Who knows, maybe I'm being stupid and just misreading things, but from what I can see, rebirth is a giant clusterfuck. Incoming reboot in 2/3 years.
    the thing is, its kind of like marvel where there are multiples of certain characters.

for example, theres a whole chinese version of the justice league, chinese superman, batman, wonder woman. theres the original barry allen and the black barry allen then theres also the old new 52 superman who recently died and also the old pre crisis supermans

theres alot of doubles of characters

- - - Updated - - -

sorry. meant wally west. im super drunk right now
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    A: Actually with Secret Wars, Marvel got rid of all the multiverses, so a LOT of that shit has been trimmed out.

B: Awesome, be more drunk!
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

A: Actually with Secret Wars, Marvel got rid of all the multiverses, so a LOT of that shit has been trimmed out.
    Yeah but you still have multiples of each character. 3 spidermans (Peter, Miles, and Hobe), two Captain Americas, a Ms. Marvel and Captain Marvel, three Wolverines (One dead, x23, and old man logan), and I'm sure given time I can think of more.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wrote a fuckoff great post explaining why the situation with marvel is different, because they may have some crossover, but on the whole tell different stories about different characters. I.e there are two wolverines, but ANAD wolverine is a very different character to old man Logan. While DC Currently seems to have two or three comics about the same character, I.e there are three comics about Bruce Wayne's Batman.

But apparently MMO-C decided only the first four words were important and ate the rest of the post, because I can't have nice things.
    Last edited by Gallahadd; 2016-06-22 at 11:55 PM.

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Yeah but you still have multiples of each character. 3 spidermans (Peter, Miles, and Hobe), two Captain Americas, a Ms. Marvel and Captain Marvel, three Wolverines (One dead, x23, and old man logan), and I'm sure given time I can think of more.
    How fucking original...

To be fair, Captain Marvel and Ms Marvel are two wildly different characters.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    Yeah but they appear to have a teacher/student relationship from the comics I read.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Feredir View Post
    Here is something kind of interesting...What if? Civil War were made in a different era.
    I so would watch this!

- - - Updated - - -

I was going to start my DC collection again with Rebirth... Till I saw that they're batshit insane and each character has two, sometimes three separate comics.
    At least you lucky sob can stroll into a comic shop and just get them. I have to use kickass

- - - Updated - - -

But I was on comixology today and there are two separate Green Arrow comics both coming out today, both called Green Arrow #1. There are also two Green Lanterns, one Hal Jordan Green Lantern and a full fucking THREE superman, the two you mentioned plus one called "Action Comics Superman". Batman gets the same treatment, with two called "Batman Rebirth" and one called "Detective Comics: Batman".
    You overthinkin it - everyone gets a one shot which is [Heroname] - Rebirth 01 and then it continues in [Heroname] #1, #2, etc
    So for example you have The Flash - Rebirth 01 and that story is continued in The Flash #1, #2, etc
    Same goes for Aquaman, Batman, Supes, Green Latern, Green Laterns, Wonderwoman, Tean Titans and because one Supes/Batman is never enough also Action Comics and Detective Comics.....(yes its possible I forgot something )

But Storywise its a bit over the top 2 Walli Wests, Comics of the 2 New Green Laterns on Earth one about the corps with Hal in the lead, Supermen from pre-New 52 with Lois and Kid, Lex flyin around as Superman, the New 52 Supes dead and a Clark Kent, on Batman a Dude calling himself Gotham (seriously?), 2 New Green Laterns - one girl with the fear to go out of her flat and the dude being an ex-criminal....

I thought Secret Wars ended with Reed and Franklin Richards recreating the multiverse one universe at a time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    At least you lucky sob can stroll into a comic shop and just get them. I have to use kickass
    I've not strolled into a comic shop in years, decades maybe... I read all my comics online at comixology!

Thanks for the clarification. Think I'll check out the Hal Jordan and Aquaman series, the rest can do one.

Quote Originally Posted by Khime View Post
    I thought Secret Wars ended with Reed and Franklin Richards recreating the multiverse one universe at a time.
    Yes and no. It did end with that happening, but the other universes don't matter (for now). There's only the one central universe where all the important shit happens.

This can and probably will change in the future, but for now there's just the one universe.

also isnt there the adam west batman? or is that not ongoing anymore?
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    also isnt there the adam west batman? or is that not ongoing anymore?
    I think the Batman '66 comic is still ongoing.

Wow, just learning that Elizabeth Oslen is related to the Oslen Twins. Never made the connection, and fuck is she gorgeous.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

Then they should have original names.
    But that won't happen now, will it?

It doesn't follow the business model.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Then they should have original names.
    But that won't happen now, will it?

It doesn't follow the business model.
    I'm not having this argument with you again. Marvel chooses the names deliberately for the character to represent the company. You can be all cynical and dumb about it, but it doesn't change the fact that Ms Marvel is one of the best characters Marvel has created in decades.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

I'm not having this argument with you again. Marvel chooses the names deliberately for the character to represent the company. You can be all cynical and dumb about it, but it doesn't change the fact that Ms Marvel is one of the best characters Marvel has created in decades.
    Best character...when she was created back in the 70s.

Yeah, that's just great...really original /s

Get back to me when they do create something more original. Then you might have an argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Best character...when she was created back in the 70s.

Yeah, that's just great...really original /s
    You believe the Kamala Khan version of Ms. Marvel was created in the 70's? You're off by about 4 decades. Or else you're deliberately misunderstanding which character is being discussed. Two characters with the same name are not, in fact, the same character.

Quote Originally Posted by Khime View Post
    You believe the Kamala Khan version of Ms. Marvel was created in the 70's? You're off by about 4 decades. Or else you're deliberately misunderstanding which character is being discussed. Two characters with the same name are not, in fact, the same character.
    Don't bother, not worth rehashing yet again.

I've read a couple of her comics, I found her to be a really boring character. I just don't know how you can say that when we have people like Miles Morales, Jessica Jones, X23, Skar, etc.

I'm assuming using the plural of decades means two or more decades.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Yeah but they appear to have a teacher/student relationship from the comics I read.
    Not unless that's a new thing. I've got the first four TPBs and Ms. Marvel idolizes Carol, but she isn't her sidekick or anything. They interact in an issue or two, and Carol gives Kamala some advice. That's about it.