Thread: Refund

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Refund

I preordered legion when it became available. Back than I wasn't planning out going back to school. Things have changed and it looks like I won't be having very much free time. Is there a way to get a refund for my preorder, it was through blizzard. If it is possible when can I find it? I've looked everywhere that I can think of.

Thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    It's been too long so I doubt it.

You can just make it a ticket on battle.net, shouldn't be too hard to find.

https://us.battle.net/support/en/hel...ct/wow/166/865

A link on their page. Who would have thought Blizzard would have a page just for refunds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post

A link on their page. Who would have thought Blizzard would have a page just for refunds.
    Yeah. Battle.net has a lot of info on everything.

They compensate by not giving them. (Plethora of reasons from "won't refund because it's too late now" to "won't refund because you have already used a character boost and no we don't care that there's no box without that character boost, we put it there precisely so that some people click on it and give up their refund rights".)

In before all of the "Don't preorder ever lol" comments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    They compensate by not giving them. (Plethora of reasons from "won't refund because it's too late now" to "won't refund because you have already used a character boost and no we don't care that there's no box without that character boost, we put it there precisely so that some people click on it and give up their refund rights".)
    Well thats just some dirty information. You should feel bad about yourself.

Tons of people have claimed a refund on Legion Pre-Order. They lock the character that you boosted if you did already.
    How the hell are they supposed to say you've owned it for "too long" its not like the damn product is even out yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Septik View Post

Tons of people have claimed a refund on Legion Pre-Order. They lock the character that you boosted if you did already.
    How the hell are they supposed to say you've owned it for "too long" its not like the damn product is even out yet.
    Exactly this. IF a CS member states such things you just say the product isn't released yet and you'd like them to remove anything you gained from ordering outside of the unreleased content.

From my experience with blizzard they'd even refund after release date if you hadn't played any notable amount.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Septik View Post

Look, I am giving you first-hand info. I asked for a refund and was declined because I used the character boost.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Exactly this. IF a CS member states such things you just say the product isn't released yet and you'd like them to remove anything you gained from ordering outside of the unreleased content.

From my experience with blizzard they'd even refund after release date if you hadn't played any notable amount.
    See above.

See above.
    And I explained - go appeal right now, explain that as it's a pre-order you have a right to a refund up until release and that you are happy to have the character locked. All you need to do is click reopen if you somehow manage to run into 2 in a row who are bad support. Make sure to rate them appropriately (Blizzard are pretty harsh with those metrics, at least in Ireland)
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

And I explained - go appeal right now, explain that as it's a pre-order you have a right to a refund up until release and that you are happy to have the character locked. All you need to do is click reopen if you somehow manage to run into 2 in a row who are bad support. Make sure to rate them appropriately (Blizzard are pretty harsh with those metrics, at least in Ireland)
    I *asked* them to have the character locked, because I heard that they have been doing that. This led me nowhere.

Here's a screen of what happened:

I did not play a single minute after that chat.

What do you suggest I do next?

Seriously, if there is anything I can do to get the refund, I'd be much obliged for the advice.

If you've used the lv100 boost and used the character with said boost. This includes making money, doing dungeons, raids, garrison stuff etc.
    Then most likely the answer is no, you won't be able to refund the preorder.

This is why they're strict on refunding gametime payments, because if you've played the game at all. Even accidentally logging in. "Nope, sorry we can't refund this" :P

If its one thing Blizzard does right its customer service. Don't post all this false crap. If you used the boost you can still get the refund. They simply lock out the character that was boosted until you buy Legion in the future. It is clear you've never contacted Blizzard customer support.

Don't mark it as resolved, for one. Open a new ticket and see if you have a request callback option to resolve it over the phone. This shuold be particularly easy if you count it as an account/billing issue and go straight to the billing department.

If that doesn't work these relevant numbers should work as you seem to be EU:

Denmark
    80 60 22 14

Finland
    0800 97442
    Italy
    800 928389

Netherlands
    0800 0202164
    Norway
    800 83996

Poland
    0800 702217
    Sweden
    020 1605820

United Kingdom
    0800 0288246
    Austria
    0800 362066

Belgium
    0800 81066
    France
    0805 540514

Germany
    0800 5890644
    Russia
    8800 5550104

Spain
    900 812669
    Switzerland
    0800 001177

Some of these may have changed / closed since they prefer to do callback now.

If you're in the UK just use the magic words trading standards / consumer contract regulations - as technically even for digital download products the cool off period is 14 days from release, and for most goods 30 days from received. Other countries have similar rights regarding products/services. For EU members the EU directive on consumer rights 2015 should work, and cite that as you have not yet received the full product you are still entitled to a full refund.

You don't need to and I'd argue are better off NOT stating your reasons for cancelling until after they have accepted the cancellation request. They will ask you most likely anyway and there's your opportunity to give feedback.
    Last edited by Raiju; 2016-06-24 at 01:46 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mupen View Post
    I preordered legion when it became available. Back than I wasn't planning out going back to school. Things have changed and it looks like I won't be having very much free time. Is there a way to get a refund for my preorder, it was through blizzard. If it is possible when can I find it? I've looked everywhere that I can think of.

Thanks
    You can still get a refund 100%. Even if you had played it for several weeks they would refund it Blizzard are normally pretty amazing when it comes to this sort of thing.

Edit: Just saw you were rejected, unlucky! I'd just put another ticket in or directly call them. You haven't received the product so you're legally allowed to request and receive a refund.

Don't mark it as resolved, for one. Open a new ticket and see if you have a request callback option to resolve it over the phone. This shuold be particularly easy if you count it as an account/billing issue and go straight to the billing department.

If that doesn't work these relevant numbers should work as you seem to be EU: ...
    Thanks, I will open a new ticket and try again.

If its one thing Blizzard does right its customer service. Don't post all this false crap. If you used the boost you can still get the refund. They simply lock out the character that was boosted until you buy Legion in the future. It is clear you've never contacted Blizzard customer support.
    Look at post #11, it has a screen of my exchange.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zakaryy View Post
    If you've used the lv100 boost and used the character with said boost. This includes making money, doing dungeons, raids, garrison stuff etc.
    Then most likely the answer is no, you won't be able to refund the preorder.

This is why they're strict on refunding gametime payments, because if you've played the game at all. Even accidentally logging in. "Nope, sorry we can't refund this" :P
    Some time ago I've subscribed for 3 months, only to snatch a life-changing job offer the next day. Being sure that I won't find time to play properly and that the only stuff I could do anyways is to farm gold/alts and finish some achievements, I decided to request a refund.

No problems at all, I've received the cash two weeks later, the account was still active for 4 days after the request has been approved (didn't use it though). (funny thing, shortly after the account has been frozen I decided that I will actually play, since I grossly overestimated my lack of free time. By the time I received the cash for the refund I already dinged my 3rd alt to 100 )

Actually, I have never had any problems with Blizzard support - they've helped me with refunding digital deluxe editions which I bought just to have preorder bonuses before I get CE versions, refunding game time, helping recover lost loot before Postmaster, getting to know some obscure RaF details, etc, etc. Always treated like an extremely valued customer, even up to the point of gifting me free stuff from time to time (gametime or Race Change, the most recent example).

The other thing that they do absolutely right? You can CALL them, seems like basic stuff, right? Yeah, you can't call many of the support centers for online games, including Riot Games. Blizzard call support is absolutely marvellous, by the way.
    Last edited by Spray; 2016-06-24 at 02:11 PM.

Im just gonna buy Legion when its on sale lol :P Unless I hear about something you should be in on at the start...wod for 33 euro made the expansion better for me.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

If that doesn't work these relevant numbers should work as you seem to be EU: ...
    The number for my country doesn't work, they only call you back (I think this might hold for all countries actually). That callback service isn't available now, it's only available 2.5 hours per day, so I filed a web ticket, they promise 24 hours response time.

If I get a refund, I will post and say so.

If I don't get a refund, I will post and say so as well.

Let's see how it goes.
    Last edited by rda; 2016-06-24 at 02:30 PM.

Thanks, I will open a new ticket and try again.

Look at post #11, it has a screen of my exchange.
    I see part of the exchange. I don't like to read between the lines.