Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I'm for it if they can keep my skeleton and put me in a ferocious pose.

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Yeah, I don't like the coffin route either. It's just a symbol and I leave the symbols for the symbol minded. Kinda expensive and wasteful as far as land goes.

If one needs a ritual place to remember me, just hang a picture of me over a fireplace or something. You don't need my corpse for that. The worms do.
    Nice Carlin quote there, haha.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Sure, why not? It may seem undignified but they have a point that it's accomplishing basically the same thing as burying you in the dirt.

Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    I'm for it if they can keep my skeleton and put me in a ferocious pose.
    The only way I'd bother with a casket funeral is if it was spring-loaded as a trap against graverobbers.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2016-06-21 at 08:06 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by damajin View Post
    Nice Carlin quote there, haha.
    I was wondering if someone notices.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Really? It is illegal to plant a tree in the woods? That seems odd to me.
    If it is an invasive species (i.e. not native to the area) then that is illegal in quite a few countries.

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    I was wondering if someone notices.
    Oh yeah, I'm a huge Carlin fan.

As to the topic, I don't mind this except the dump in the sewer bit. Already have enough shit being dumped in the sewers, so yeah.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Respect the dead. This just seems a bit disrespectful.

Seems a bit too complicated. What happens after one dies shouldn't be so terribly important for the one who ceases to live. I'm fine with donating organs and being processed by the cheapest means possible.

Nothing like saying you loved someone by ditching them down a drain into the sewer...

wtf kind of mentality is that.

Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    Nothing like saying you loved someone by ditching them down a drain into the sewer...

wtf kind of mentality is that.
    And turning them into worm food is better?
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    And turning them into worm food is better?
    There's a difference between respecting the dead and throwing them away like trash...

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Uhhh, news flash. Trash gets put in the ground and covered with dirt... Or incinerated... or tossed in the ocean. Yeah, pretty much the things we do with bodies.
    If you want to be literal and simple minded about it then be my guest.

What? You seem to think a special landfill for people is somehow respecting people more than disposing of them in more convenient ways. It's just a waste of land.
    Again, you're being literal and simple minded... burying isn't the only way of showing off respects to a deceased one. There are many ways of doing such, but throwing them literally amongst waste in a sewer I wouldn't consider to be one of them...

Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    Again, you're being literal and simple minded... burying isn't the only way of showing off respects to a deceased one. There are many ways of doing such, but throwing them literally amongst waste in a sewer I wouldn't consider to be one of them...
    I would say you're being naive.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    I would say you're being naive.
    I know what and where bodies end up as, thank you very much... nothing to do being naive. I find disposing of a body literally amongst shit to be a very disrespectful and unceremonious way of sending someone off...

I ain't a religious person, but at least I still show my respects to someone that has passed away - and that means treating the body as such. If a person wills it to be drained down a sewer then that is their choice, just can't imagine why... cremation would seem a better option.
    Last edited by Daedius; 2016-06-24 at 05:37 PM.

Why not? You're either throwing them amongst waste in a sewer, burying them like waste in the ground or scattering their ashes like waste in the wind. And if you're keeping an urn of bone and ash on your mantle then you have issues. You can show respects to a deceased person without needing their remains to do so.

- - - Updated - - -

So you think the only way to dispose of a body is to burn it and keep the ashes in an urn. Otherwise every spot on the planet is literally covered in shit.
    I guess those methods aren't poetic enough for him.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

So you think the only way to dispose of a body is to burn it and keep the ashes in an urn. Otherwise every spot on the planet is literally covered in shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    I guess those methods aren't poetic enough for him.
    If you want yourself and your family to be washed away amongst human faeces and such then be my guest. I'll have myself cremated thanks. To each their own.

I wanted to be cremated, then mixed with gunpowder, loaded in a bunch of cartridges and then sent off with a 21 gun salute.

I know of at least one company that loads remain in shotgun shells.

I guess its sort of a modern day viking funeral, minus a flaming arrow and boat.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    I wanted to be cremated, then mixed with gunpowder, loaded in a bunch of cartridges and then sent off with a 21 gun salute.

I guess its sort of a modern day viking funeral, minus a flaming arrow and boat.
    Interesting way to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post

So true story. The Tomb Sentinels at the tomb of the unknown soldier when they walk the carpet it's 21 steps. To symbolize the 21 gun salute. They also pause for 21 seconds before they walk to the other end for the same reason.

#IStandWithGinaCarano