Is it possible to unlock all the points in your artifact while leveling?

I haven't been invited into the beta so I have no clue how long it would take to unlock all the points in your artifact. Will you have enough points to work on a second artifact weapon? Or do you only have enough points during the level process to push into your one weapon..

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL...That's my answer

short answer: no.

long answer, you will most likely have your first (out of 3) golden traits by reaching lvl 100. maxing out the artifact may take 2-3 months (which becomes faster over time thanks to artifact knowledge [which will be character wide, so your second artifact will be maxed out faster than the first, and the third one even faster]).

Deleted
    Here a spreadsheet that's continually updated wihch should answer all your questions

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...Lv0/edit#gid=0

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by molodirazz View Post
    Here a spreadsheet that's continually updated wihch should answer all your questions

So have they actually confirmed that its being capped at AK12? Or is that the cap for the first patch? Given the prepostrous cost of traits out around AL30+ even a 1000% bonus seems low.

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    I haven't been invited into the beta so I have no clue how long it would take to unlock all the points in your artifact. Will you have enough points to work on a second artifact weapon? Or do you only have enough points during the level process to push into your one weapon..

You can count on getting 13-14 points by the time you ding 110. Use those to plan out where you will be. Wowhead Legion Artifact Calculator

1-13 points cost 6500 AP TOTAL... point 14 costs 6840.. more than the first 13 combined.

It's enough to get your first Golden Dragon.

A couple of weeks to get your 2nd... and month more or so to get the 3rd... to completely fill out you talent points (not the bonus 20 paragon levels) will still take a few more months after that.

That is... until Blizzard backs off and dramatically increases the AP gains. They will see that it's not a rewarding progression and allow the runes to stand alone as weapon upgrades/progression.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilan View Post
    So have they actually confirmed that its being capped at AK12? Or is that the cap for the first patch? Given the prepostrous cost of traits out around AL30+ even a 1000% bonus seems low.
    There is no confirmation...

In fact there are many possibilities.

Right now you place orders for: Artifact Research Notes

But in the item Database there are: Compendium of Ancient Weapons Volume ??

Possibilities?

The Notes are a Beta thing to expedite research testing. And the Epic compendiums are the "REAL" methods but must be found in the real world or in dungeons/raids.

Or notes are the base method... but the Compendiums are additional boosts found elsewhere.
    Last edited by Maudib; 2016-06-24 at 02:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    No. You'll get ~15 points if you're very thorough while leveling. Getting all points will take a lot of time.

Quote Originally Posted by molodirazz View Post

The numbers in this spreadsheet are way WAY off. They were off before they buffed knowledge bonus, now they are hilariously wrong.

Deleted
    Nobody knows outside the Blizzard Development team. Artefact levelling is more than likely one of the things they'll adjust the knobs on after beta closes and the game is about to go live.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    No, you're not getting all traits because the artifact is supposed to unlock over a significant chunk of the expansions timeline, not the first week.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

No. The current thought is that you will be able to unlock all of your Artifact traits about halfway through the expansion, and if you take the quick routes through your Artifact you can have two of the "golden dragon" Traits unlocked before the Emerald Nightmare raid opens.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard considers the 11th - 12th trait to be the end of the leveling experience. This is where trait costs begin to rapidly scale in to the stratosphere. The expectation is that you will be working on artifact research in parallel with your AP farming. This does not keep the AP intake linear - far from it - but it does help at least to mitigate the exponential cost scaling of the traits past 12.

The last 20 bonus traits are likely only ever going to be filled by the most dedicated hardcore players. Same as the last prestige levels in pvp.
    Last edited by Nihilan; 2016-06-24 at 06:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilan View Post
    Blizzard considers the 11th - 12th trait to be the end of the leveling experience. This is where trait costs begin to rapidly scale in to the stratosphere. The expectation is that you will be working on artifact research in parallel with your AP farming. This does not keep the AP intake linear - far from it - but it does help at least to mitigate the exponential cost scaling of the traits past 12.

The last 20 bonus traits are likely only ever going to be filled by the most dedicated hardcore players. Same as the last prestige levels in pvp.

They said that about someone ever reaching Paragon level 100 in D3... and somebody SMOKED it... followed by many others.. There will be people who do it.

Still.. the problem for a lot of people is how each point gets slower to achieve than the last one. It's one thing to achieve a point every week. And entirely another to get 1 this week... 1 in the next two weeks... one in the following 3 weeks, etc. Where as you feel like you are making less and less progress.

Deleted
    I have a feeling this whole artifact thing is going to suck balls. Especially with 12 horde characters and 1 alliance one.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is not going to be an alt-friendly expansion. I myself have 11 L100 characters, but from my experience in alpha/beta, i have already come to terms with the fact that i will only be playing two or three of them come Legion.

It would be a interesting thing to try...

I can't see it being possible though...

Just got my level 6 Artifact Knowledge... it's 275% increase.. so it has to go higher than 300... :P

No you won't

Sent from my HUAWEI NXT-L29 using Tapatalk