Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinster View Post
    My issue with mythic dungeons is simple: I only have two friends left who play. I don't want to have to play with other people as I find a big percentage of them to be rage-filled nerdy guys who lack basic social skills.

I have no idea how the changes in "Legion" will affect my play, but I am at-best an average player. Arthritis and back issues have affected my dexterity and ability to concentrate. Aging sucks that way. So I am probably not good enough to do mythic dungeons anyway.
    What a stupid arguement...
    Do you think you can three man the dungeon achievement in Legion? You'd still have to run with randoms.

If you only have two friends left who play, then perhaps it's time to make some new ones? Join a guild, run dungeons with them. It's not hard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dominus89 View Post
    What a stupid arguement...
    Do you think you can three man the dungeon achievement in Legion? You'd still have to run with randoms.

If you only have two friends left who play, then perhaps it's time to make some new ones? Join a guild, run dungeons with them. It's not hard.
    It's easier to find randoms with an automatic matchmaking than with the LFD functionality. The former just works in the background, and in the latter, you have to deal with inflated gearscore demands and special snowflakes. I know the difference, this is why I almost never create mythic groups, and only grudginly accept the leader role in LFD. As soon as you do that, you basically cannot do anything else but wait. A fine example of robbing time.

Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    It's easier to find randoms with an automatic matchmaking than with the LFD functionality. The former just works in the background, and in the latter, you have to deal with inflated gearscore demands and special snowflakes. I know the difference, this is why I almost never create mythic groups, and only grudginly accept the leader role in LFD. As soon as you do that, you basically cannot do anything else but wait. A fine example of robbing time.
    You see those groups because they are up there for longer. I set mine for 700ilv and it fills instantly (even though I am 740). People are bitching about the attunement,mythic only dungeons, and mythic only mount achieve for one reason laziness. They simply can't be bothered to put any effort into the game or socialize with people on a minor scale even. I love all these changes.

My issue with mythic dungeons is simple: I only have two friends left who play. I don't want to have to play with other people as I find a big percentage of them to be rage-filled nerdy guys who lack basic social skills.

I have no idea how the changes in "Legion" will affect my play, but I am at-best an average player. Arthritis and back issues have affected my dexterity and ability to concentrate. Aging sucks that way. So I am probably not good enough to do mythic dungeons anyway.
    Even average players can do mythic dungeons in Legion. With most classes pruned to hell, you can manage with hitting 3 buttons and doing decent damage. I see people here complaining every day that things are too hard, or others being elitist against them. But honestly any player can do mythic dungeons and even normal raids, they just have to leave the lfr mentality of standing semi afk in 1 spot spamming 1 skill outside. There are plenty of other people with ''average skill'' out there that want to do things at a slower pace, not everyone is a toxic ahole.

Besides it's not like you would get the full dungeon achieves from the random group finder in WoD. It still takes a 5 man group to complete them in most cases, so for the crowd that is into doing those achievements, nothing changes at all. They just move their premade from heroic to mythic, which is basicly the same difficulty just renamed in legion.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Industrial heart of the USSR... now torn apart

9/10, incited many flames

I'll give you an absolutely serious reply though.
    As of now, you're probably inviting one or both of your friends and queuing randomly, right? In a minute you're receiving 2-3 randoms of unknown properties. Now consider this: you're inviting one or both of your friends like always, then creating your own group in group finder, setting requirements to absolute zero and auto-accept on. In a minute you're receiving 2-3 randoms of unknown properties! Where is the difference? (if we ignore that you're not ported into the dungeon automatically, that's the actual difference, not groupmates)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    It's not 2004. People have lives, jobs, families etc

7+ Year Old Account
    As far as the specific achievement mentioned in this thread goes, the type of people who go for hunting that achievement nearly always form their own group as much as they can anyway, only using LFD to fill out the rest when they have to. So for them I'd guess the removal of the achievement from Heroic to Mythic might only be troublesome because of the slight extra layer of difficulty that Mythic represents, and even then, all this will mean is that they'll wait a little longer so that they're sure to overgear this content before taking it on.

Join a guild, problem solved.
    During WoD I havent had much time to play due to work, yet I've had no problems finding groups to do Mythic dungeons (or even raids!). Do you know what I did?
    I checked LFD for groups that did Mythic dungeons, asked in my guild if anyone wanted to form a group and asked in trade chat. Do you know how long it took me to form a group? At most it could take me between 10-20 minutes, but most of the time the group was formed in just 5 minutes or less.

And how often have you managed to get a group formed though LFG to do achievements? Yeah, almost never.. everyone just go in there to either get loot or some random currency.

Are people really this anti-social in a MMO? Jesus christ...

Why don't you create your own group with a lower ilvl requirement? Tons of people will join if they are like you.

Or join a guild as stated before.
    Last edited by Sencha; 2016-06-24 at 11:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    Why don't you create your own group with a lower ilvl requirement? Tons of people will join if they are like you.

Or join a guild as stated before.
    That requires "socializing" which many in this thread says shouldn't be a requirement lol

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    Most people have stated that the base line Mythic dungeon is about as tough as heroics were in WoD. If they are far too difficult you know Blizzard will nerf them quickly being they are the first gear up path before raids.
    The problem with the whole thing however was never going to be about difficulty in the first place. The real problem with taking 5 mans off the dungeon finder - actually an absurd idea to begin with - is that the community is going to screw it up, with people trying to regulate things with their own set of made-up requirements, expectations and exclusive behavior.

That's unfortunately what a lot of people end up doing, which was always the main pro-argument for LFD and to large degree a reason for its existence: it's impartial and inclusive. You don't get to randomly and nonsensically make weird gearscore or achievement demands, kick people at will, replace them with guildies right before the boss fight, ninja items etc. That's what's gonna end up being a problem a lot of time: lots of BS, idiocy and drama, less gameplay.

Sadly, this neccessary discussion will never be able to go forward in any constructive way as long as it's being led and dominated by idiots who automatically assume that anyone with a critical stance on things is either someone who doesn't want to "work" for stuff, can't play to save their lives, or is "anti-social" (most blatantly ironic thing ever). Interestingly, this is exactly the same asshole clientele that's gonna go out of their way to ruin the two non-queue 5 mans for everybody.
    Last edited by Pull My Finger; 2016-06-24 at 12:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Saiona View Post
    That requires "socializing" which many in this thread says shouldn't be a requirement lol
    i dont really understand that, teammates dont have to be friends, or even friendly with each other, they just need to cooperate to achieve the common goal.

In other words: "BLIZZARD WHY DO YOU MAKE ME ACTUALLY PLAY YOUR GAME INSTEAD OF JUST MINDLESSLY CLICKING QUE BUTTON AND GOIN AFK FOR 1/2 HOUR THEN RETURNING AND LOOTING MUH REWARD CHEST WITH SHINIES??? WHY???"

Anyone who played Cata heroics on launch with randoms know why Blizzard remove harder content from automatic group finding system. You know, to avoid anger, misery and desperation rolling in their players.

But if serious, the advice that @Cynep gave you is ideal for your situation.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    In other words: "BLIZZARD WHY DO YOU MAKE ME ACTUALLY PLAY YOUR GAME INSTEAD OF JUST MINDLESSLY CLICKING QUE BUTTON AND GOIN AFK FOR 1/2 HOUR THEN RETURNING AND LOOTING MUH REWARD CHEST WITH SHINIES??? WHY???"

Anyone who played Cata heroics on launch with randoms know why Blizzard remove harder content from automatic group finding system. You know, to avoid anger, misery and desperation rolling in their players.

But if serious, the advice that @Cynep gave you is ideal for your situation.
    Oh God, the memories are still fresh from that time. It was frustrating dealing with randoms, but it forced us to communicate, and in the end it felt rewarding for putting in that effort. I enjoyed that!
    My opinion is that Blizz should force us to socialize more when doing group content.

Oh no, how dare they! /s

Cmon guys, stop whining and crying about every little aspect and change of the game... it's getting absurd.

"Mythic only dungeons!?!?!? WHY"
    "SET ITEMS on LFR? WHY!?!?"
    "Mythic only achieves?!"
    "Blood of Sargeras BOP!?!?!?!?"

Give it a break, really.

If heroic = mythic 1, what's the point to heroic? It's redundant. Blizzard might as well remove mythic difficulty and change heroic to heroic+ but only allowing stones to be used to increase difficulty in fully premade groups.

Personally, I don't care for the mythic achievement change, either. It's rare I do the achievements when the expansion is current anymore, but it does make me fearful of what will happen later. It makes me concerned that Blizzard will remove the dungeon meta achievement (and thus the mount) after Legion's over because it will be considered the new "challenge" mode and Blizzard keeps removing the rewards from challenge modes when the expansion ends. I'd be happier if the achievements could be done in either heroic or mythic. I have yet to run into any group that fell apart in LFD just because someone wanted an achievement. We'd either try for it or we wouldn't. Majority rules. If we tried and failed, we failed. C'est la vie. I've seen the few get irritated over Leroy or Croman when someone gets them without asking, but no one left over it. If we got an achievement, yay. If not, who cared? If I was that concerned over getting an achievement, I'd get a guild group going or join a group in the group finder that was going for it. But removing my option to get achievements via LFD even if they're accidental is just stupid. Why are options being REMOVED? We need MORE options and yet Blizzard keeps taking them away. No one should be supporting an option to be removed. We should all be looking for things to be added. This is an RPG. By definition, we should be able to do things our way. Removing our path to something that we've had for years goes against that. It suddenly forces us into another path. What's next? Blizzard says the same bullshit about achievements in normal raids and they become heroic and mythic only? Mark my words, give Blizzard an inch and they'll take a foot. A change like this does not bode well.

Deleted
    I am just burned out on creating my own groups. I have lost hours of my life being a raidleader and having to deal with guild members who were unreliable. I just want to log in and play. I do all relevant preparations for all my characters - like looking for better gear with the right stats, having all enchantments and gems done properly, having all consumables which are required, optimising my talents and glyphs and in case of difficult encounters also watching videos.

When all these things are done, I just want to login and play the game. And since I have a 60 hours week, I want to use my gaming time as efficient as possible, like being able to do dailys or farm stuff while I wait for a group to open, and not constantly have to check the group finder.

I hope that with our recent guild recruits we would be able to set up a viable constellation for mythic dungeons, but we are a very small friends and family guild - and I don't want to join an anonymous moloch anymore. Been there, done that, and don't want to repeat the experience.

Working after working sucks.

I just want to relax and have some fun.

I am just burned out on creating my own groups. I have lost hours of my life being a raidleader and having to deal with guild members who were unreliable. I just want to log in and play. I do all relevant preparations for all my characters - like looking for better gear with the right stats, having all enchantments and gems done properly, having all consumables which are required, optimising my talents and glyphs and in case of difficult encounters also watching videos.

When all these things are done, I just want to login and play the game. And since I have a 60 hours week, I want to use my gaming time as efficient as possible, like being able to do dailys or farm stuff while I wait for a group to open, and not constantly have to check the group finder.

I hope that with our recent guild recruits we would be able to set up a viable constellation for mythic dungeons, but we are a very small friends and family guild - and I don't want to join an anonymous moloch anymore. Been there, done that, and don't want to repeat the experience.
    I understand your concern and time constraints. Problem is that the random people you will be grouped with are not prepared™ like you are (enchantments, gems, consumables, talent optimization, proper rotation, knowledge of encounter mechanics). So the difficulty of queueable content has to be extremely low, if you don't want to see a massive crying on the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Gdcotton View Post
    What are yall's opinions? I personally find having to work a little bit and do mythic dungeons to get rewards a good reason to do them.
    I personally am glad they are putting stuff in the game that takes longer than 2 weeks to get. However...

I find it disturbing that the "socializers" of WoW are also becoming the cyberbullies of WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Spunt View Post
    So you want to be able to queue with a bunch of randoms and be able to complete all the achieves for the mount with ease?
    LOL -millenial detected- (joking)