Page 17 of 50 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Andreas7074 View Post
    You all need to forget about this 25% haste meme. It's not a thing as of right now. Truth is that nobody has a fucking clue about what stats are the best.
    Ok, first, calm down it was a suggestion rather than Rosetta Stone.

Second, 20% haste will more than likely come with the gear we'll be getting, so it won't have to be something we have to try hard for. Mastery>Crit>Haste (20% or what have you) isn't a bad way to look at what's coming.
    Summon Apollo's fire, with hell and heaven's might. Then with great force attend, the falling of all men.
    Release this captured world, from point of no return. Destruction has no end, unless you ride again.

Quote Originally Posted by Terran View Post
    It looks like we're the only ones that got passed over in this last build.. lol Do we need that much attention, or require so little?
    We're one of the highest tuned specs (both Frost and Unholy) right now on the beta, they just didn't get to us in this build.

You all need to forget about this 25% haste meme. It's not a thing as of right now. Truth is that nobody has a fucking clue about what stats are the best.
    I guess you've never heard of a suggestion before

Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post
    We're one of the highest tuned specs (both Frost and Unholy) right now on the beta, they just didn't get to us in this build.

I guess you've never heard of a suggestion before
    And Blood? Is it in a good spot as well? I honestly haven't even looked into it since I've fallen so head-over-heels with the new unholy mini-game.

I'd still hope to see some attention to our pets soon.
    Summon Apollo's fire, with hell and heaven's might. Then with great force attend, the falling of all men.
    Release this captured world, from point of no return. Destruction has no end, unless you ride again.

And Blood? Is it in a good spot as well? I honestly haven't even looked into it since I've fallen so head-over-heels with the new unholy mini-game.

I'd still hope to see some attention to our pets soon.
    I don't really play blood besides doing heroics once I overgear stuff or for solo old content. Though generally it looks okay from when I run into them in dungeons, Blood Boil might be tuned down for sure though. That's the only thing I could say as a non tank :x

I'd say blizzard's big focus in development atm has been making stable builds over class tuning. It'll happen soon.
    i9 9900K | Aorus Z390 Master | 32GB DDR4 | 2080 Ti | LG-UK650W

I don't really play blood besides doing heroics once I overgear stuff or for solo old content. Though generally it looks okay from when I run into them in dungeons, Blood Boil might be tuned down for sure though. That's the only thing I could say as a non tank :x
    AoE jealousy? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Valermos View Post
    I'd say blizzard's big focus in development atm has been making stable builds over class tuning. It'll happen soon.
    You're probably hitting the nail on the head

As always thanks for the info, guys.

AoE jealousy? lol
    Oh they aren't beating me as Frost (or Unholy), but they are almost always second in dps otherwise, especially on aoe. Did a dungeon last night and on aoe I was doing 47% of the damage (Frostscythe+Avalanche OP) and then the Blood DK was doing 27% of the damage as well. Almost felt like there wasn't any other DPS there

Oh they aren't beating me as Frost (or Unholy), but they are almost always second in dps otherwise, especially on aoe. Did a dungeon last night and on aoe I was doing 47% of the damage (Frostscythe+Avalanche OP) and then the Blood DK was doing 27% of the damage as well. Almost felt like there wasn't any other DPS there
    Are you finding Frost and UH are close in terms of AoE capability? Or does UH handle better with VP?

Deleted
    Haste to 25% Mastery>Crit
    The problem is that it's not a suggestion, Maxweii. It's some shit you saw on the DK discord and now preaching it as if you know anything about why the 25% haste meme even came to life. And because you (and others) keep spewing bullshit, we have people constantly reiterating it as well, even though there is nothing that suggests 25% haste is a better breakpoint than 19%, 23%, 27% or 31%.

Ok, first, calm down it was a suggestion rather than Rosetta Stone.

Second, 20% haste will more than likely come with the gear we'll be getting, so it won't have to be something we have to try hard for. Mastery>Crit>Haste (20% or what have you) isn't a bad way to look at what's coming.
    I'm completely calm. My entire point is that with no sims, no APL's and only speculations of these haste breakpoints, which by the way only exist with val'kyr, you need to calm down with the request of stat weights. They don't exist.
    Also, it doesn't matter what you get from suboptimal dungeon gear in less than a day. That argument is irrelevant.

And no, to whoever said haste had shit scaling, haste is not the worst stat pr. # to %, versatility is.

- - - Updated - - -

And Clawing shadows hits harder than Scourge Strike by default, even with dogtier mastery levels, no, it's not reduced by boss armor, because it's 100% shadow damage.

*clears throat*

Sooooo..... there is a DK Discord?
    i9 9900K | Aorus Z390 Master | 32GB DDR4 | 2080 Ti | LG-UK650W

I'm completely calm. My entire point is that with no sims, no APL's and only speculations of these haste breakpoints, which by the way only exist with val'kyr, you need to calm down with the request of stat weights. They don't exist.
    Also, it doesn't matter what you get from suboptimal dungeon gear in less than a day. that argument is irrelevant.

And no, to whoever said haste had shit scaling, haste is not the worst stat pr. # to %, versatility is.
    Can't see a reason to get all moody about speculation. No one is requesting set-in-stone stat weights. You'll see the only thing I asked for was other peoples thoughts to engage in a discussion, as you and I have now. That's the point of this and all the other forums. To discuss what's coming, how we think it'll play out and how best to prepare for it.

Until it's here, and we have APLists and sims and all the other goodies, if not to speculate, what's the point of even posting here? Clearly you needed to get that bark out at the other dogs who mentioned something you didn't agree with, but other than that? Eh?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Valermos View Post
    *clears throat*

Sooooo..... there is a DK Discord?
    Right? Who knew?

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

And Clawing shadows hits harder than Scourge Strike by default, even with dogtier mastery levels, no, it's not reduced by boss armor, because it's 100% shadow damage.
    Why not put together your ideal talent tree and discuss it with everyone than?

Deleted
    OK
    The best talent tree right now, is by far:
    http://legion.wowhead.com/talent-cal...ht/unholy/MZL0
    Castigator might be good with high crit levels, if DK mastery gets nerfbat, or Unholy Frenzy with one of the Legendaries.
    Currently, you never use Festering Strike on beta. BUT THAT IS OBVIOUSLY NOT INTENDED TUNING.

The dmg values are from 50-60 pulls on raid testing with mixed gear. About 88% mastery, 24% crit and 26% haste
    Idk, not much to say. Wait for tuning pass, Val'kyr fix, and APL implementations.

OK
    The best talent tree right now, is by far:
    http://legion.wowhead.com/talent-cal...ht/unholy/MZL0
    Castigator might be good with high crit levels, if DK mastery gets nerfbat, or Unholy Frenzy with one of the Legendaries.
    Currently, you never use Festering Strike on beta. BUT THAT IS OBVIOUSLY NOT INTENDED TUNING.

The dmg values are from 50-60 pulls on raid testing with mixed gear. About 88% mastery, 24% crit and 26% haste
    Idk, not much to say. Wait for tuning pass, Val'kyr fix, and APL implementations.
    Thanks for posting this.

This is what I meant. That's tremendous information, thanks for sharing. I truly wasn't seeing the gain from CS, but being reminded that it's 100 Shadow, plus your posting means I need to rethink what I'm doing.

The problem is that it's not a suggestion, Maxweii. It's some shit you saw on the DK discord and now preaching it as if you know anything about why the 25% haste meme even came to life. And because you (and others) keep spewing bullshit, we have people constantly reiterating it as well, even though there is nothing that suggests 25% haste is a better breakpoint than 19%, 23%, 27% or 31%.

Also, it doesn't matter what you get from suboptimal dungeon gear in less than a day. That argument is irrelevant.

Wow you're such a prophet. Please enlighten me, how did you know where I got my information? I mean it must be just clairvoyance to know this much!

Sorry but I was thinking around 25% haste anyways (to get a 1.25s GCD, which I've mentioned tons of times I've ever talked about haste here). Wasn't even saying too that 25% haste is the absolute must to get, as was discussed with others a few pages back that something like 20% haste might work as well. It was a rough guesstimate and based on testing in the beta as well as personal findings through gear swapping.
    He asked for stat weights and we gave him a general suggestion of "this works best from what we've found". So yes please, do calm yourself.

I mean my god it's fun to have someone who's out of nowhere spewing idiocies say I'm spewing bullshit for once. So refreshing.

Can't see a reason to get all moody about speculation. No one is requesting set-in-stone stat weights. You'll see the only thing I asked for was other peoples thoughts to engage in a discussion, as you and I have now. That's the point of this and all the other forums. To discuss what's coming, how we think it'll play out and how best to prepare for it.

Until it's here, and we have APLists and sims and all the other goodies, if not to speculate, what's the point of even posting here? Clearly you needed to get that bark out at the other dogs who mentioned something you didn't agree with, but other than that? Eh?
    His reasoning to get all moody like that is it makes him seem more "right" and thus shuts other people up. I mean I'm just "spewing bullshit" so yeah what do I know
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Cool. Daddy hit mommy at the dinner table again. Just eat kids. Just eat.

Back on topic @Maxweii have you found that you don't see a huge increase in damage with Clawing Shadows over Frenzy?

Back on topic @Maxweii have you found that you don't see a huge increase in damage with Clawing Shadows over Frenzy?
    I haven't messed around with Frenzy much because of the current tuning of FW. It just doesn't feel good to use FS as is, so was waiting for a tune up on FW damage before I messed around with it. I know it would still be worth testing, but it just generally feels less rewarding right now as is :x

I haven't messed around with Frenzy much because of the current tuning of FW. It just doesn't feel good to use FS as is, so was waiting for a tune up on FW damage before I messed around with it. I know it would still be worth testing, but it just generally feels less rewarding right now as is :x
    I used it to level, not so much for raid/dungeon testing. It'll be interesting to see which way we'll end up having to lean when they finally (hopefully) hit the FW tuning stage.

Deleted
    What will be the best way to level Apocalypse artifact power wise, for the best DPS?

Quote Originally Posted by Rhox361 View Post
    What will be the best way to level Apocalypse artifact power wise, for the best DPS?
    Tuning hasn't been done on artifacts yet so we can't say for sure what's the best path yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhox361 View Post
    Currently (and quite likely will change):

http://beta.wowdb.com/artifact-calcu...YbYIAAAAAAAAAA

I think 14 points is where were at once we hit level 110.

- - - Updated - - -

And Frenzy is just so damn boring compared to Clawing Shadows. You can barely tell it does anything unless you watch your melee damage on Skada.